• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Gabriel (25m), Partey (45m) , Ceballos (loan with option), Zaha (40m in installments), Willian (0) 85m

Out: Holding 15m, Sokratis 5m, Kolasinac 10m, Guendouzi 30m, El Nenny free. 60m

------------------------Martinez------------------------
---------------Luiz-------------Gabriel----------------
--Bellerin----------------------------------Tierney--
--------------------Partey--Xhaka--------------------
----Willian-----------------------------------Zaha----
-------------------------Pepe-----------------------------
----------------------Aubameyang-------------------

Would happily swap Zaha with Coutinho, play Willian left, Pepe right and Coutinho AM.

Gunners1616

A cheeky offer for Lemar who's having the worst season of the career would be nice. Still 24, market value at the lowest. Talent still there. Doesn't fit Atletico style and confidence very low...

truth_hurts

A cheeky offer for Lemar who's having the worst season of the career would be nice. Still 24, market value at the lowest. Talent still there. Doesn't fit Atletico style and confidence very low...

Big fan, but unless he's coming to play as an AM, struggling to see where he fits in. Lemar, Box to box and Xhaka/Ceballos would be great balance.

Lemar will end up.in Serie A.

Tsl

Out:
Holding - 15 M
Torreira 20 M

Hopefully more, but I think we actually got a decent chance of selling these two.

In:
Gabriel 25 M
Partey - 45 M
Lorenzo Pellegrini 30 M
Willian Free

This would be a decent window, with the pandemic in mind.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Looks like we will be playing Willian centrally and ESR as his deputy. Quite happy with that, think Willian can offer a lot centrally. His chances created stats are pretty wild throughout every season for Chelsea. Last season he had a better chance created per minute percentage than TAA and Grealish. Believe he was second or third behind KDB/Buendia.

With that in mind the window changes again.

For me ins will be Ceballos, Partey, Willian and Gabriel. After that I think we will sell Laca and replace him with a striker.

I know Edouard is highly rated but I don't want him. I want a premier league proven replacement for Laca. I know the midget made a thread on him but Ings would be perfect, would probably command a £40M fee. Which I think is fair, but sell Laca for £30M and you're laughing.

Leno/Martinez
Bellerin/Cedric
Saliba/Chambers
Gabriel/Luiz/Mari
Tierney/Kolasinac
Ceballos/Xhaka
Partey/Willock
Willian/ESR
Auba/Saka
Ings/Martinelli
Pepe/Nelson

On paper its pretty saucy.

truth_hurts

Isco, Lemar, Coutinho, Aouor and Grealish are all available and all solve our creativity problem. Imagine the football between say Ceballos, Isco, Willian and Pepe.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Out: Lacazette (€30m, £180k) Guendouzi (€30m, £40k) Torreira (€30m, £75k) Holding (€15m, £25k) Chambers (€15m, £50k) Mustafi (€10m, £90k) Sokratis (€5m, £90k) Kolasinac (€5m, £100k) Elneny (€2m, £50k) Xhaka (€30m, £100k) Mkhitaryan (€3m, £140k) Nelson (loan) Balogun (€8m) Sheaf (€1m)
Total: €184m, £940k/week

In: Buendia (€25m, £70k) Willian (free, £100k) Van de Beek (€40m, £100k) Grealish (€60m, £150k) Gabriel (€30m, £70k) Sangare (€15m, £40k)
Total: €170m, £530k/week

Grealish - Aubameyang - Pepe
Buendia - Van de Beek
Maitland-Niles
Tierney - Gabriel - Saliba - Bellerin
Martinez

Saka/Martinelli - Nketiah - Willian
Smith-Rowe - Willock
Sangare
Saka - Marí - Luiz - Soares
Leno​

Manberg

Predator
If Willian is to play on the wing and we're looking for an attacking or creative midfielder, what's the alternatives to Coutinho?

Pellegrini - Italian, unlikely to leave Roma, may have trouble adapting to the premier league.
Golovin - I can't see this move happening for various reasons.

I like Samson. He can play the attacking part of a midfield 3 well.

I can see Arteta lining up with more of a flat 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We're slowly making our way through the issues we have. Auba contract was always going to be the key, that looks set to be announced this week. Also this week we could see Atletico go out of the CL which should accelerate any deal for Thomas Partey.

There's just 17 days left until our community shield match against Liverpool. The new season also starts this time next month. Squad issues? (Players in bold are the ones I personally think will go)

7 CB's. Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Luiz, Mari, Saliba. At least 3 need to be sold for 1 to come in. We want to sign Gabriel so we have 2 months to shift 3 CB's from the books. Easiest way to do that is sell Chambers, Holding and one of Mustafi or Sokratis letting the other run down their contract and leave on a free next summer. Luiz will also be leaving next summer meaning you could be left with Mari, Saliba, Gabriel and Mavropanos. I think a deal for Romero involved in the Laca to Juve swap could be a good route to go down.

Not enough quality in midfield. Torreira, Guendouzi and Elneny will be sold. I also believe AMN will be sold. Not sure what will happen to Özil but surely he finds a loan somewhere with subsidised wages? Ceballos is likely to stay at Madrid meaning we are left with Xhaka, Willock and ESR. The main target here is clearly Thomas Partey and I think he'll sign for £45M in the end. Arteta wants a 6, 8 and 10 and I think the route will be Partey as the 6, Willian as the 10 and another player as the 8. Partey, Xhaka, Willock, ESR, Willian and one other player for 3 positions is absolutely fine. Saka can of course also play in a 3.

Only issue in attack is now Lacazette. Like I said earlier on in the post Cristian Romero plus £20-30M from Juventus would be perfect. I'd send Romero out on loan when he comes in. If Laca is sold you have to replace him man for man, Auba operating on the left is ideal. There's a few options to replace Laca... Edouard, Depay, Ings. I personally wouldn't mind any of those players but due to us looking at signing quite a few players from outside the league I think I'd go with Ings.

So in terms of sales and what we could get. I'll go towards the end of the spectrum with prices.

Sokratis - Anything just get the wages off the books.
Holding - £10-15M. I feel Leeds could sign him.
Chambers - £15M
Torreira - £20M
Guendouzi - £25M
Elneny - £2M
AMN - £25M
Özil - Loan
Lacazette - £20M
Kolasinac - Didn't even talk about him, terminate his contract.

Total - £117M. With the rumours going round its very likely at least 80% of these players mentioned will go.

And with players coming in -

Partey - £45M
Gabriel - £27M
Joelson - £20M
Ings - £40M
Romero - In the Lacazette deal BUT loan him out.
Willian - Maybe £5M signing on fee
And another midfielder for £20-50M. I'd go for Pellegrini personally.

Total spend of £172M. Net spend of £55M which should be around about what our budget is before sales.

Leno/Martinez
Bellerin/Cedric - Saliba/Mustafi - Gabriel/Luiz/Mari - Tierney/Saka
Partey/Willock - Xhaka/Pellegrini - Willian/ESR
Pepe/Nelson - Ings/Nketiah/Martinelli - Auba/Joelson
Saka can play anywhere on the left really. Martinelli anywhere in the front line so its flexible. Kind of blowing up the squad but with the sales we are looking to make we need to sign one CB, two CM's, a AM and an attacker.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pathetically slow. Chelsea have most of their business tied up already but that's Arsenal for you. Imagine how slow it would have been without the FA cup win.

They've signed one player so far this window made no sales and want around 5 or 6 other players.

Its hard for every club except City right now.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The young lad Turnbull I've mentioned a few times just scored a lovely goal this evening.

DennisTheLegend

Re-Sign Aubameyang - 0
Sign Willian - 0
Loan or Sign Ceballos - 23m
Sign Gabrioel Dos Santos - 27m
Sign Partey - 45m
Re-Sign Martinez
Loan, Buy, Swap Coutinho - ??
Do not sell AMN
Loan - Mavraponas

Sell
Sokratis - 5m
Cedric - 5m
Holding - 15m
Kolasinac - 10m
Özil - 0m
Guendozi - 30m
Elneny - 5m
Mykhitarian - 10m
Mustafi - 15m

Leno | Martinez | Macey
Bellerin | AMN
Gabriel | Saliba | Luiz | Chambers | Mari
Tierney | Saka
Partey | Xhaka | Torreira | Willock
Coutinho | Ceballos |ESR
Pepe | Martinelli | Willian | Nelson
Aubameyang | Lacazette |Nketiah

Clean slate, no outlay, Team ready to challenge

Lovely Squad!!

Don’t think we gonna get any money for Mikki, and doubt that we will sell Cedric straight away. But the rest is perfect and realistic.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Willian £5M signing on fee.
Dybala/Lacazette swap + £30M to Juve.
Gabriel for £27M.
Partey for £45M.
Diawara + £10M for Torreira.

Auba
Willian - Dybala - Pepe
Xhaka - Partey
Tierney - Gabriel - Saliba - Bellerin
Leno/Martinez