• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

What you mean done nothing in his career? Just turned 25, had 2 good loans and was playing well here before his injury.

Arsenal signed Mari, he’s the one who’s done nothing, guy is 27 next week and has played no top flight European football. Actually had to move to Brazil, which is unheard for a European player unless you’re a BUM.

Chambers is 20M atleast, nobody is asking for 35M.
Was Fulham's Player of the Season as well over the likes of Sessegnon, Seri etc.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Dont know why we'd leave the only centreback we had who was consistently good last year. Good on the ball, tackling and in the air. If he comes back as good as he was before the injury he'll be first choice before the end of next season.

pikey2000

Dont know why we'd leave the only centreback we had who was consistently good last year. Good on the ball, tackling and in the air. If he comes back as good as he was before the injury he'll be first choice before the end of next season.

Especially if we persist with a back 3, I think if fit he should start over Mustafi and Holding at the RCB spot. I'd be more inclined to let Holding or Mustafi go.

Having said that, I suspect we are just trying to take advantage of any players where there is genuine interest in order to drum up money for incoming players, Arteta and co may prefer to keep Chambers and sell Holding/Mustafi/Sokratis BUT if nobody is in for those guys and we need to free up wages and cash then you sell Chambers if it finances the likes of Partey/Ceballos etc as we are stacked in defense numbers-wise.

HomeSteak

Established Member
This is where we need to act, try to get as much money as you can and sell. We are talking about a defender that was never that good, that is coming back from a huge injury. Sell.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think his performance pre-injury is overrated on this forum because the standard is so incredibly low.

Can't understand how people want to keep him. How do you want to go forward from 8th to 4th with a player who clearly lacks the ability to play for a top team? Get rid of any CB that can get us some cash to improve the squad.

Keeping Chambers is mediocrity, in my opinion. Won't elevate us.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think his performance pre-injury is overrated on this forum because the standard is so incredibly low.

Can't understand how people want to keep him. How do you want to go forward from 8th to 4th with a player who clearly lacks the ability to play for a top team? Get rid of any CB that can get us some cash to improve the squad.

Tbf I think he was very good, not just because of a low standard but because of his individual performances in a terrible setup. He probably would've looked a world beater in Arteta's setup when we went 3 at the back

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the injury he got could force us to sell for only 15M because few clubs who come to guy who done his ACL and still recovering.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Tbf I think he was very good, not just because of a low standard but because of his individual performances in a terrible setup. He probably would've looked a world beater in Arteta's setup when we went 3 at the back

He couldn't get a regular start at Fulham as a CB, it was only when they moved him to the middle that he did well for them. He's not going to play in either position for us. £10m and I'd be happy!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
In order to get rid of our old regime signings we will have to take a hit on some of them atm.

Clubs know we are desperate to get rid of all the average players we have stacked up over the years in order to get quality signings in.

We need better asset management going forward so we have a stronger position at the table when people come in for our players. That way we do not rely on selling crap players for next to nothing in order to be able to invest.

WiscoGooner8

Agreed 100%. He isn’t that great with the ball, and is slow and stiff in his movements, making him poor defender. These are the sort of players we need to get rid of.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fk, if we take £12m for Chambers, what's we getting for Holding? A donut and packet of crisps?

Would have thought Chambers is worth £18m-£20m.

Why would he be worth that much? Been 6 years since we signed him and he's barely improved.

Top Bottom