• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Özil

:lol: :lol:

I’m not sure why everyone is surprised that he isn’t leaving.

He doesn’t want to leave, club should accept that.

For the one year that remains, I hope he is treated as everyone else and gets his chance.

I agree. We’re paying him 350k a week for another season, we might aswell bring him back in and give him a chance to have a beep test in our games next season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta says he’s leaving him out purely for footballing reasons, so I’m not sure what this article will do to help him there.
If anything, this article only made things worse

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He probably knows he isn’t getting back into the team whatever happens so released this interview to make himself out to be a victim. Pretty much accuses Arteta of dropping him for not taking a wage cut. Whether that’s true or not nobody know.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Özil saying he cares about the club and wants to help while at the same time couldn't agree to a 12.5% pay cut. This guy needs to stfu.

Arteta clearly lost any confidence in him and I don't a way back for him in Arteta's plans.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Arteta says he’s leaving him out purely for footballing reasons, so I’m not sure what this article will do to help him there.
That’s what Arteta can say in the public, but it’s not like he can put Raul in the spotlight. Considering that Arteta felt Özil was important before the collective wage cut, it’s clear to see that it’s not his decision.

What this article can achieve is very clear. Özil and his 350k/week are here to stay for the year, that money is going whether he plays or not. Might as well test him and make sure he earns it. The dropping game is clearly not working so we should try something different as a club.

The hate that Özil is getting from the fans can only be personal. There is nothing wrong in what he is saying. We were not forced to sign him up for four years so he has every right to see out his contract.

And yes, the club has to be more transparent with where the money through pay cuts has gone. Surely didn’t help the 55 people at the club who lost their jobs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
With the Professional Footballers’ Association — the players’ union — advising its members to contemplate wage deferrals as opposed to cuts until the extent of the crisis was better known, Arsenal’s proposal to the first-team squad of a 12.5 per cent cut for 12 months was initially turned down.

Arteta intervened, pleading with his players to accept the club’s request, and eventually, they became the first and so far only Premier League club to successfully implement pay reductions.

This is key. Arteta was the one to initiate the cut, and he's repeatedly been talking about either you're in or you're out, non-negotiables, etc.

Özil chose do go the opposite way, and that's why he was left out.

Sydney-Gooner

giphy.gif

Özil saying he cares about the club and wants to help while at the same time couldn't agree to a 12.5% pay cut. This guy needs to stfu.

Arteta clearly lost any confidence in him and I don't a way back for him in Arteta's plans.
If your wages were going to be cut, would you not like to know what is happening with it? If what Özil is saying is true then the club has nothing to stand on.

And look into the charitable work that Özil does. He does more than 90% of players out there to help the communities in need. Nobody can accuse him of greed.

It is clear that Arteta didn’t lose confidence in his footballing ability as he was playing him consistently until the pay-cut fiasco.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yet we're supporting the BLM? That's not political?
*Facepalm* Thats not political that’s just basic human rights ffs :lol:

If a group of people in China are getting slaughtered for ridiculous reasons then the same applies.

Some crazy people in this world, let’s just stick to football please I don’t think a lot of members on this forum are equipped to be discussing such things.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
*Facepalm* Thats not political that’s just basic human rights ffs :lol:

If a group of people in China are getting slaughtered for ridiculous reasons then the same applies.

Some crazy people in this world, let’s just stick to football please I don’t think a lot of members on this forum are equipped to be discussing such things.

I was using Yousif's words you fool. Why didn't you react like a ***** on him?:lol:

Supporting one and not the other is double standards.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Özil has a valid point if he wants to know where the money is going tbf.

It’s probably being distributed between Raul and Kia :lol:

Raul took a 30% pay cut for a year. Özil talks about being right for not taking one because of the job cuts that have now occurred, so why doesn’t he take the cut now and say he wants that money to go to those peoples wages? Make himself look even more of the good guy. £2m probably covers most of them.

He never intended on taking one. He was going to wait it out a year and then jet off into the sunset.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I was using Yousif's words you fool. Why didn't you react like a ***** on him?:lol:

Supporting one and not the other is double standards.
My bad I didn't see his post.

Still though, we should stick to footy.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Also this BS getting too political we are football club and we have sponsors from China it'll affect us if this thing not over even if Özil so right about it
What you are saying is, who cares about basic human lives? I want my Willian in an Arsenal shirt next season.

Houston Rockets got hit the same when their general manager came out in support of the Hong Kong protests but they stood by him. And they have a huge fanbase in China as well because of Yao Ming.

That was one of the most disgusting moments as an Arsenal fan. Absolutely ashamed of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom