• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

“It’s hard. When a player wants to leave and the club says no, the player must accept it unless they find a solution together. So when a club wants a player to leave and the player says no, the club must accept it unless a solution can be found together. I don’t want to leave, so that’s it,” Özil says.

Özil bodying Raul
Absolutely. Looks like Özil ahead on the scoreboards for sure.

moloso

Yet another flawless victory for Mes over Raul it has to be said :lol:

Honestly, how low are your standards if that interview is a "flawless victory"? Like what has it achieved? Support for him? From who? What's the actual point he's making? He's had the same stance since the first sign of problems - not leaving until his contract is up. Or is saying that a huge win for you?

An actual FU to Raul and co. would have been to show a bit of humility, admit you've not been up to standard, congratulate the team and maybe talk about wanting to do something with the latter years of his career. But then again I support Arsenal not Özil or Raul so I guess I'm biased.

And argue about who's in the right or wrong here but at the end of the day he's let people at the club make him a scapegoat and given them reason for wanting him out and it's not just because he's on 350k a week. It's because his impact and clearly application have fallen off a cliff.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Özil’s not playing because he’s not good enough, simple as. Won’t press, lazy etc.

Let’s not forget his dreadful performance in Baku where he lost the ball more than five times then criticised Emery.
Thanks for posting! This is the start and end of it all. He simply hasn’t performed anywhere near where it needs to be. And the only one in the end responsible for that lack of performance is the player himself.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
giphy.gif

Manberg

Predator
The amount of money the club is saving from the 55 redundancies is the amount of money that would be saved had Özil agreed to his pay cut. If Özil agreed, those people would still have jobs.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The amount of money the club is saving from the 55 redundancies is the amount of money that would be saved had Özil agreed to his pay cut. If Özil agreed, those people would still have jobs.
Not necessarily. That’s too simplistic in putting two and two together.

Credit should go to Özil for seeing through the Kroenkes’ bullshit.

Manberg

Predator
Not necessarily. That’s too simplistic in putting two and two together.

Credit should go to Özil for seeing through the Kroenkes’ bullshit.

Arteta was the one pushing for the wage cuts. He got the majority of the team to agree to it. Refusing it was disrespecting Arteta, the team and the club. No player is bigger than the club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Even after this nonsense some fans still want him to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom