• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,985

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You’re pretty much guaranteed to get some bonuses though like the loyalty ones and he’s definitely getting a signing on bonus. Everyone says that Kola is on 120k, Mkhi on 250 and Özil on 350. How is that different from saying that Willian is on 220?
Willian’s basic weekly salary will be lower than at Chelsea, but once a huge signing-on fee is factored in — along with loyalty payments and other bonuses throughout the three-year contract’s duration — the staggering mark will be hit.
Tbh I don't know the exact terms of the contracts of the players you mentioned but the Willian figure seems misleading based on this

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who are we getting better for what he's rumoured to be earning (150k) and a few million signing on fee? He's just had his most impressive season in the prem. He's arriving to get us back into the CL. It's a great signing.
I don’t go along with that though, you telling me there is no money to invest in a young player like Buendia when Sp**s, Southampton etc are all spending?

I don’t agree with investing 3 years into an older player like this. Give me an example of a deal like this that’s worked out?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Who are we getting better for what he's rumoured to be earning (150k) and a few million signing on fee? He's just had his most impressive season in the prem. He's arriving to get us back into the CL. It's a great signing.

I’m hearing Thiago Silva is available and he’s better than anything we have in defence.

Sign him up.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Bollocks. Arsenal flooding yet more money into a Kia client and then pleading poverty.
We've always flooded money and then plead poverty mate, otherwise you get the Woodward treatment. What was your take when we signed Mkhitaryan at an even more offensive wage package who's agent wasn't Kia?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Tbh I don't know the exact terms of the contracts of the players you mentioned but the Willian figure seems misleading based on this
Iirc Kola had a big signing on bonus that pushed him up to a 120k salary and that’s the figure everyone’s been quoting. Mkhi had a loyalty bonus that pushed him to 250k if his deal was extended and I’m assuming that Özil’s 350k includes bonuses. I don’t see why we’d not include bonuses in this case.

Reactions: A_G

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don’t go along with that though, you telling me there is no money to invest in a young player like Buendia when Sp**s, Southampton etc are all spending?

I don’t agree with investing 3 years into an older player like this. Give me an example of a deal like this that’s worked out?

You're talking like Willian will be our only signing. We will make 4 signings including Willian and possibly a 5th if Lacazette is sold.

Really is no point bashing the willian signing considering he is going to offer us what we severely lack. Buendia could also be signed if we wanted to as a Ceballos replacement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Willian can play LW, RW or as an attacking mid centrally. Its a no risk signing which adds quality and experience.

One of the best chance creators in the league shouldn't be sniffed at.

Arsenio Venger

Ronaldo

GunnerShy

So according to an unnamed source we've come in with an offer thats both longer & significantly higher than Chelsea? People can make anything up these days. And the salaries are the best because the club and player won't correct the record.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I’m hearing Thiago Silva is available and he’s better than anything we have in defence.

Sign him up.
If he is available and we don't sign him then we are full of idiots in the board. Arteta is gonna fail because of those corrupt pigs called Raul and Kia.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If he is available and we don't sign him then we are full of idiots in the board. Arteta is gonna fail because of those corrupt pigs called Raul and Kia.

I wouldn’t mind Thiago Silva. However, we already have an experienced, aging CB in Luiz. I’m not sure that’s the way to go with an eye on the future. But if we can offload Sokratis/Mustafi (doubt it) I’d love to get Silva in

Luiz
Silva
Saliba
Holding
Mari (injured)
Chambers (injured)

Not a bad batch of CB’s in terms of experience and talent. Would allow us to see how Saliba and Holding develop and how Mari and Chambers turn up after their injuries.

Still on the fence about the Willian deal. And I don’t even care about the financial aspect. It’s just that he’s not convinced me when I’ve seen him play. And if he dissappoints we’ll be stuck with him for a while..

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Not to say that there aren’t any, but I don’t look at examples when I’m weighing up whether a signing looks a good one. How is some other less talented 32-year-old going to another club relevant to this one? If your transfer strategy was based on bad examples of similar aged players, you’d never sign anybody. We need players that are ready to deliver immediately,not yet another talented player we can cry about because he’s not yet got the technique of Zidane, can’t run like Usain Bolt or whatever reasons thrown about as to why he hasn’t hit the ground running. We’ve got young talent waiting in the wings. We need experienced quality to bring them along as much as we do to improve results right now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Sign him up.
Imagine the crying though? People would rather see us sign a 7 ft Norwegian embryo who suppose to be the next best thing and then moan about why we finished 9th and didn’t improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom