• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
And when his racist, bigoted remarks fails, he brings out another commonly used trope - Exessive and unnecessary use of smily faces to show hes least affected by being found out.

You sir, are just too easy.

giphy.gif

Finesse

The club leaked the truth about him. Özil didn't accept a pay cut - that's a fact. Özil's now in victim / accusation mode, talking about people trying to "destroy him" and "paint a picture that is not true". He's actively trying to manipulate and create conflict between the club and fans in order to save his own image and justify sitting on the bench making 350K per week. Its pretty ****in toxic if you ask me.

Why did the club leak that info? He was not the only one who declined. Why are the others not known? The club leaked it to desired effect. Get the fans against him. Indeed he got a bashing. No one understood the situation until his recent interview. Now we do and his reasons are valid. The recent lay off justifies his position. Özil is involved in charitable projects and does not seem like a greedy man. He did not get a salary from us at gun point. We paid him for what he had delivered and hope he replicated same for the next years. He clearly has not , but the onus is not solely on him , considering the structural decline that we witness over these years.

How is providing full visibility on an issue tantamount to manipulation. It is like labeling anyone who has an unbiased and objective view on this issue an Özil Fan boy etc. Who is the club ? A few decision makers. The fans now understand what is transpired between Özil and these few decision makers. What is toxic is when we deliberately refuse to be objective and pick a side. It is toxic when fans refuse to discuss the facts and prefer to toe the party line. The buzz of the FA Cup win is still peak , we have forgotten the club has been shambolic at best over the past years and the main reason we finished way out of the Europa League spots this year.

Özil is sitting on the bench because that is where the management wants him to be. Arteta has been very cagey and diplomatic about the reasons , leaving the fans to think he is not committed , does not train properly etc. It is deeper than that for sure. For the first time we have been given full visibility on issues we have always speculated upon. I remember Adebayor ( Arsenal sold him even without informing him ) , RVP , Cesc , Henry etc situations. We were never privy to internal issues and most often the fans blamed ex players and carry on the hatred till this day. Until recently RVP open up on this issue and refused to go into detail. However Gazidis was the culprit.

Post covid , we have seen everyone else put in a shift , how can we access Özil if he was never given the opportunity. Even Xhaka has been vindicated and this is football.

musoke

To hit the point home.
Özil is primadonna, egotistical character that thinks the whole world revolves around him. Always the BIGGEST VICTIM. All thanks to his very loyal fanbase. The people that constantly assure him that his “doo doo” don’t stink.

Got pushed out by Madrid. They cited poor attitide.

Got pushed and hounded out from the
German National team. They cited poor egotistical attitude.

Now Arsenal are doing the same. They are tired of his poor attitude.

Rumours are that he told Emery to his face how he was a shot manager. Etc.

Madrid, Germany and Arsenal all seem to have to the same conclusion regarding Özil.

Özil seems to be a big problem every he goes. Stinking mentality and attitude.

Has there ever been such a divisive player at Arsenal like Özil? Never seen anything like it.

Offers average or the bare minimum but bring so much divisiveness and drama everywhere is goes.

Can’t wait for next summee when he can finally leave my club.
Has enough of this charactor.

:facepalm:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When should he speak? Seem to be constant leaks surrounding him and he barely responds.
We don't seem to have ever been in the dark about how he's felt about certain stuff though... Funny that. We must have all read his mind about him wanting transparency regarding the pay cut.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We don't seem to have ever been in the dark about how he's felt about certain stuff though... Funny that. We must have all read his mind about him wanting transparency regarding the pay cut.
He’s never went in until now though, the transparency thing was very soft.

Moleque

I think he just ended Raul's career.

“People who know me know exactly how generous I am and, as far as I’m aware, I was not the only player who rejected the cut in the end, but only my name came out. I guess that’s because it is me and people have been trying for two years to destroy me, to make me unhappy, to push an agenda they hope will turn the supporters against me and paint a picture that is not true.

“Possibly the decision affected my chances on the pitch, I don’t know. But I’m not afraid to stand up for what I feel is right — and when you see what has happened now with the jobs, maybe I was.”
How so? Those quotes say nothing that wasn't already known.

Moleque

Isn’t Willian supporting a fascist in Brazil? Not holding it against him but questionable if you want to play that game.
Define Fascist? Bolsonaro is a democratically elected president. Everyone likes throwing the word fascist around to the point it has no meaning other than "somebody I disagree with"

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Got pushed out by Madrid. They cited poor attitide.

Got pushed and hounded out from the
German National team. They cited poor egotistical attitude.

Now Arsenal are doing the same. They are tired of his poor attitude.
As sh*t as I think he is and I realise that he is at our much club to our detriment - almost none of the above is true :lol:

Real Madrid he left cause of Bale iirc (could be Di Maria). In any case they might have seen the decline coming or something but he never left cause of poor attitude that’s not true. A big part of why he came here was for Wenger to improve him as a player. Pretty ironic that Bale is now doing the same thing.

Secondly he retired from international football, as he famously said - he’s German when they win and he’s Turkish when they lose.
He’s correct in saying that and this is a common problem in international football just ask the French lot. Doubt he would have been selected again but yeah he wasn’t exactly hounded out. They tend to leave the door open to World Cup winners.

His attitude at Arsenal, yeah the hierarchy has clearly had enough of him and so has 50% of the fanbase. It’s yet to be confirmed how Arteta truly feels about all of this. Looking at our recent formation I don’t see any room for him and our transfer targets are very telling..but alas it’s kinda left to interpretation as to why he’s not being picked.

Look, the guy is plainly sh*t tbh but making up stuff just gives his apologists more legs to stand on. Counter productive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom