• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,654
Status
Not open for further replies.

chessygoal

That Athletic piece with those stats graphs about potential Özil replacements included Aouar. It surprised me how poor his defensive contribution has been this season. Really non-existent in the stats. I've only ever seen him in the CL though and he seemed to contribute quite a bit.
It has been a major issue for Lyon and especially for Aouar. He can be everywhere on the pitch when he's in a good day, like yesterday or against PSG for the cup final, but he can also disappear from games and becoming a liability without the ball.
But with that being said, I really think that it's just a youth issue. He has been playing non stop at a very young age and he must be looking for a new challenge now. I think he has a higher ceiling than Ceballos and could become a De Bruyne type of player.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would he be instead of Dani if we could get him?

If Aouar out of reach & Lyon still want Douzi maybe we could bring the boy wonder back. An injury free season & hes being picked up by one of the big clubs.

mikel-arteta-jeff-reineadelaide-and-chris-willock-of-arsenal-on-the-picture-id504164274

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would he be instead of Dani if we could get him?

If Aouar out of reach & Lyon still want Douzi maybe we could bring the boy wonder back. An injury free season & hes being picked up by one of the big clubs.

mikel-arteta-jeff-reineadelaide-and-chris-willock-of-arsenal-on-the-picture-id504164274

Jeff tore his ACL this season. I'm still annoyed Emery sanctioned his sale. Nothing to be gained from selling him. Should have given him a chance.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Jeff tore his ACL this season. I'm still annoyed Emery sanctioned his sale. Nothing to be gained from selling him. Should have given him a chance.
Yeah, it was good to see him back last week. Lyon have some crazy medical team for him & Depay quick recoveries.

akhil

Can't really blame Emery for that, reserve player asking for guarantees from a new coach. Doubt Emery could've made any promises at that stage.

Jeff probably thought he's a bum after talking to him.

Chicago_Gunner

In FM once I offered cash plus Giroud for Cavani and PSG turned me down, then I removed Giroud from the offer and added an extra £1 million to it...it was then accepted.

Confident this will get done, Lyon just don't want Guendo...can't blame them.
You really think we will get him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom