• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This Napoli stuff sounds like such bollocks. “Yeah mate, we want you if we can flog someone else so sit around and jeopardise your move to a much bigger team”. Twaddle.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We have 8 defenders none good enough to be a starter. I was hoping this guy was a sure thing. Maybe we should go for more PL proven.

As long as he can do the basics then he’s an upgrade and better than pretty much all our defenders.

I’m all for signing young talent rather than washed up bums that are on the decline.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Another thing where are Napoli getting all this money for them to offer much bigger wages ?? They just spent 65m on Osimhen as well remember. Honestly think we're just being used by agent (per usual) to get a better deal

As long as he can do the basics then he’s an upgrade and better than pretty much all our defenders.

I’m all for signing young talent rather than washed up bums that are on the decline.

I hope it turn out to be a good signing! Just very scared because if he flops and struggle in firtþst season we have zero cover!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I hope it turn out to be a good signing! Just very scared because if he flops and struggle in firtþst season we have zero cover!

Yeah, I’m not sure if he’ll be an instant success especially since it take players from Ligue 1 a bit of time to adapt etc.

The issue is our PL proven players are duds and if we go into the market to sign a player in the PL I’m worried that we’ll get another David Luiz or Cedric.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

Not if the "backup" option is Ben White though :drool:

d240dc2d4de03ede882b964957396bc3.jpg

Divided_Pie

So if we had Gabriel and Saliba starting, Gabriel would be the sitting CB while Saliba the aggressor?

I think it would be the opposite. Both with and without the ball, Saliba is more efficient, while Gabriel is more aggressive. I think Saliba plays deeper and more conservatively and cleans up behind Gabriel who is the first to go in to duels.

I could imagine (dream) a scenario next season, with Luiz going out, Upamecano coming in after Arsenal pay the release clause, and Saliba playing the middle of back three flanked by Gabriel and Upamecano.

Shalmaneser V

What if he decides to be a bum and chooses Napoli, where do we go from there?

Malang Sarr? Pau Torres? Ozan Kabak? Hope we have a plan B.

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Haven’t seen him play. Don’t really know anything about football tbh.

But he has a really nice radar and passes the stats test so I reckon we should get him.

SK Lation

If true and him or his agents are squeezing more money out of us, **** this guy. Sick of this wannabe stars that had one good season in their careers forcing sagas upon us.

Wouldn't be a starter for the first months anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom