• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Preferred Midfield Signing

Partey or Thiago

• Total voters

Divided_Pie

Is there any truth to the rumors of Thiago and Isco being available?

Throw one of those guys next to Partey and you have the Santi/Coq pairing but better.

Would love to replace Xhaka with a highly technical player who is press resistant, can progress from deep and can play quick 1-2 passes in the final 3rd. Ceballos can sort of do that but not really, he tends to hold the ball and isn't really a 1-touch player

SK Lation

Is there any truth to the rumors of Thiago and Isco being available?

Throw one of those guys next to Partey and you have the Santi/Coq pairing but better.

Would love to replace Xhaka with a highly technical player who is press resistant, can progress from deep and can play quick 1-2 passes in the final 3rd. Ceballos can sort of do that but not really, he tends to hold the ball and isn't really a 1-touch player
Partey is completely different type of a player than Coq. He goes forward pretty decent and is pretty much an allrounder. Neither Isco nor Thiago is similar to Santi really. Great technique, I'll give em that.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we need Partey more than Auroar at this moment, Partey gives us midfield stability and he can also bring the ball forward.
If we had money we should have gone for both but since its mostly likely going to be one or the other, I will go with Partey.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think we're definitely getting Partey in so that's that. My preference would be getting one of Ceballos, Aouar or Grealish and Rakitic with Guendouzi and Torreira sold.

sykesy69

Partey is very much a need, with Aouar being more of a want for me.

I can see a realistic line up of:

Partey
Ceballos Willian
Pepe Lacazette Auba​

Partey at DM offers a lot more than a Xhaka/Ceballos in there. He won't just be bypassed playing there alone, you're not having to mask his weakness playing him there, not to mention the majority of his passes are forward. As his stats suggest going forward he don't have much productivity, so seems a bit wasteful playing him there.

Would love to see an additional 8 signed and Eduoard if Laca leaves. I could see Eduoard scoring as many goals, but being much better in his general play helping the team going forward much more than Laca does.

Finesse

Xhaka or Cebbalos - Deep lying , connect defence to attack and defend.
Partey - Transition player. Presence , tacking , breaking up play and keep it simple
Buendia - Attacking play.

We can afford Partey and Buendia. ( knows the league and has the grit to operate in an Arteta team )

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
First option is waaaay too flat, we'd need Liverpool like numbers from our forwards to make it work.

Aouar at least adds a couple of goals in the second one but ultimately it's not balanced enough imo.

If we get both though..:drool:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't think we'll have over half a brand new team next season so too many in's is pretty unrealistic. Especially too many from different leagues.

Two new midfielders and one new CB starting is a good start.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think if we play 4-3-3 what is important is to have 4 senior players of similar quality for 3 places in midfield and attack so that there isn't too much drop off when rotating or if a player is injured.

Auba Laca Pepe with Willian able to play left or right gives us options.

Partey Xhaka Aouar with Ceballos able to fill in all 3 positions gives us options.

If we went into the season with those as our main 8 forward players I would be delighted. It would take a whole load of pressure and expectation off Saka, Nelson, Martinelli, Nketiah and Willock.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think if we play 4-3-3 what is important is to have 4 senior players of similar quality for 3 places in midfield and attack so that there isn't too much drop off when rotating or if a player is injured.

Auba Laca Pepe with Willian able to play left or right gives us options.

Partey Xhaka Aouar with Ceballos able to fill in all 3 positions gives us options.

If we went into the season with those as our main 8 forward players I would be delighted. It would take a whole load of pressure and expectation off Saka, Nelson, Martinelli, Nketiah and Willock.

I think its two from Partey, Aouar or Ceballos. Pray we get all 3 but just cant see it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree, can't see all 3 happening in all honesty. If we could shift enough our dead wood maybe but the lack of any concrete rumours is concerning.

Saying that with the fixture congestion if we do get rid of Torreira and Douzi having four senior options to rotate between 3 positions like you say, is ideal.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This isnt an either or, we need both equally just to compete with the rest of the top 6, our current midfield is way off. Mikel definitely knows this, I am confident the club will make a massive attempt to bring both in.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
God the Aouar hype is huge here. He did nothing against Bayern. And other games he didn't look that good. He won't make in EPL. He would need like one o two years to settle. Pepe has better technical quality and has been hard for him to settle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom