• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
**** this decision! Selling a player who is our best RB, can play as CM and LB for £20M? Leaving us with Bellerin who’s more interesting in looking like he’s saving the planet than his own career while he’s puffing on a pack of Mayfair and trying to decide what outfit to wear.
Cedric & Bellerin is an awful choice for RB.

AMN cant play right back or left back in a back 4 ffs. Swear some people just make stuff up in their heads. He also doesn't want to play at RB or LB, he wants to be in CM. A position where we are linked with players who are significantly better than him.

The ultimate goal here is to play 4231/433 and dominate games. AMN simply isn't good enough in any position f0r that and having such a high value whilst being on our bench in the midst of a pandemic is so dumb.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Both players are starters. AMN, while quality IMO, is on the fringes of the team.

Aye I know, I just feel a bit gutted he's going. Just hope it's closer to 25m or there are a few add-ons. He's also a good utility player to have so Wolves are getting value for their money.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Where is he going to be playing for Wolves? Surely not gonna start at CM

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Aye I know, I just feel a bit gutted he's going. Just hope it's closer to 25m or there are a few add-ons. He's also a good utility player to have so Wolves are getting value for their money.
I'm gutted too but the game is the game. He's an asset because he's an actually good player but only considered for a position where we now have a surplus, isn't trusted in the position he actually wants to play, and the club needs money to strengthen said area that said player is not trusted to play in. £25m and I'm OK. I just hope we strengthen with the right players.

That said, as much as I was never a huge fan of AMN as a RB long term, that position does look a little weaker unless Bellerin can get back on form and stay fit. At least I hope so, because the alternative is Cedric. He's not ****, but he's milquetoast and doesn't take us forward either. RB is potentially gonna be a problem position for us even after we strengthen other areas.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AMN cant play right back or left back in a back 4 ffs. Swear some people just make stuff up in their heads. He also doesn't want to play at RB or LB, he wants to be in CM. A position where we are linked with players who are significantly better than him.

The ultimate goal here is to play 4231/433 and dominate games. AMN simply isn't good enough in any position f0r that and having such a high value whilst being on our bench in the midst of a pandemic is so dumb.

Over the last 2 years he's shown far more at RWB and RB than Bellerin has in years. When Arteta first came in, Ainsley was rb and remember a string of really good performances there. Bournemouth away came to mind where he was playing thst inverted fullback role.

You have a far better chance of dominating the game with AMN at rb than Bellerin. He's literal light years ahead of him on the ball, and far more intelligent when he gets it.

In fact Bellerin is a hindrance to a side that wants to dominate. He is very stiff on the ball and can only play forward when he has loads of time on it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if I'm in the minority here but signing a back up right back who isn't a bad footballer by any means for free (Cedric) and then selling a squad player who can play right back if needed for £25M is excellent business by the club.
Cedric is not very good and Bellerin on current form isn't much better. There's reason to be concerned, as much as the business makes sense.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This transfer came about really quickly and out of nowhere. Means there is still hope for offloading other players like Torreira, Guendouzi and Lacazette.

Arsenio Venger

This sucks. There’s very few world class RBs so sad to see him go. Not that he’s world class but he’s solid and wouldn’t have us trying to upgrade the position atm

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Where is he going to be playing for Wolves? Surely not gonna start at CM
Why not? Only Moutinho and Neves are sure starters for me. Dendoncker's OK but I think AMN can start ahead of him. Gibbs-White going on loan this season too. He gets minutes at CM there. Wolves already have good wingbacks so he's not gonna be a sure starter in those positions either. Defo a midfield option for them.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I'm gutted too but the game is the game. He's an asset because he's an actually good player but only considered for a position where we now have a surplus, isn't trusted in the position he actually wants to play, and the club needs money to strengthen said area that said player is not trusted to play in. £25m and I'm OK. I just hope we strengthen with the right players.

That said, as much as I was never a huge fan of AMN as a RB long term, that position does look a little weaker unless Bellerin can get back on form and stay fit. At least I hope so, because the alternative is Cedric. He's not ****, but he's milquetoast and doesn't take us forward either. RB is potentially gonna be a problem position for us even after we strengthen other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom