• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastore

Good player that was never meant to have the role of leader. Clearly smart, but not a leader. Hope he plays this season again.

moloso

Feel Özil deserves his criticism form 2018 on, but from 2013-2017 he was quality imo...sure he had bad games, so does every player, but I was very happy with him during that period...I also feel Mes playing for Arsenal, a team very hated by the media, adds to his rep.

Even in the season it mentions 2014/2015, first half of that year was terrible really, team was all over the place and not just Özil...but in the second half of the season, both the team and Mes found their groove...and we finished 3rd and won the cup...that was a good season for both Arsenal and Mesut imo.

He has a very laid back style that clashes with the "energetic" style of England (and even Germany) he was the exact same player in Madrid as Arsenal, he hasn't declined since we signed him...he just had better team mates there...he always tries to win, he just shows it differently.

Özil does get bullied in certain matches, most if not all of our players have been getting bullied since we moved stadiums in 2006, not just him.

I bet if Pires played in the Arsenal teams that Özil has, he probably wouldn't be as highly rated by pundits in this country either...Bobby had a similar personality to Mes, he could be bullied and put into a shell...luckily Pires' teammates didn't let that happen and protected him...and although Özil played in some good Arsenal teams, they didn't have the physicality needed to protect him.

He is a very unique player is our Mes.

The same Pires who was actually voted Football Writers Player of the Year? Özil doesn't touch Pires and it's because he's not as good of a player.

If Özil was playing well he would be rated if he were playing for Burnley or Bayern.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Pires/Henry. Assisting each other 24/7. Each one repeatedly squaring the ball back into the box for the other to tap in. A wondrous time of pure simplicity.

But lets not dwell on the past. I rated Xhakas chances of turning things around at about 10% when he stormed off the pitch. So maybe there is still a way back for Özil?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The world's a poorer place for Özil not playing football.

We've shut down his career and paid him a fortune. Total madness.
We didn't 'shut down' his career. Özil has lost the drive and mentality to play football. If he's really serious about reviving his career, he'll leave and play elsewhere IMO.

It's not anybody's fault that he's content to sit on the bench and take his paycheck.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

We didn't 'shut down' his career. Özil has lost the drive and mentality to play football. If he's really serious about reviving his career, he'll leave and play elsewhere IMO.

It's not anybody's fault that he's content to sit on the bench and take his paycheck.
When he's picked he plays, unless you've got evidence to the contrary.

And freezing a player out doesn't help with their drive and mentality. This is a great article to throw light on why Özil lost his effectiveness after Wenger left.

https://arseblog.news/2020/02/the-7amkickoff-index-mesut-ozils-stats-a-deep-dive/

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
When he's picked he plays, unless you've got evidence to the contrary.

And freezing a player out doesn't help with their drive and mentality. This is a great article to throw light on why Özil lost his effectiveness after Wenger left.

https://arseblog.news/2020/02/the-7amkickoff-index-mesut-ozils-stats-a-deep-dive/

Bro, with all due respect. You must agree that Ozils appetite for the game seemed to die away in the fallout of his shenanigans with the DFB. Everyone assumed he would be reborn laser focused with an "ill show them what their missing" mentality. But sadly, things have gone the other way.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

"ill show them what their missing" mentality.
That was my hope too but it seems he's lost his appetite.

Most players play their best for their club because they want to get a call up. But sadly Old Mes has lost his motivation

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Bro, with all due respect. You must agree that Ozils appetite for the game seemed to die away in the fallout of his shenanigans with the DFB. Everyone assumed he would be reborn laser focused with an "ill show them what their missing" mentality. But sadly, things have gone the other way.
Yep, they've have gone the other way. He's not the first expensive footballer to lose form.

But in his case, it's because he can't be bothered, now all that money's coming in, and nothing to do with the club freezing him out and telling him he's not wanted apparently.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I hear the Fortnite world may be richer for it. It’s on PC, innit? Look him up, minge.
He got his back injury sitting in a chair too long playing Fortnite. And it always rains when clouds bang together. Everybody knows that.

Oh_Snap

Was a bit of good old bantz aimed at Trax ffs...

Never did take much to stir the Mescucks into googling stats though. Surprised you’re not trying to defend his 1.89 death rate tbh. Might be his ping?

yeah but it's used all the time "fortnite merchant" and all .. and people start to believe it. just putting it into perspective. dont care **** about his ingame stats (its fortnite ffs), for some1 who only played 20 hours its probably decent i'd say, not that i'd care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom