• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I get that though I don't understand how you can be so positive with everything that's going on.

Thing is though Aulas is firm and easy to deal with, he will gadly sell but only at his terms. He doesn't negotiate.

Atletico seems to be the same. Partey has a clause they think is reasonable and it is, although a bit heavy to walk into the room and pay it all at once.

We don't any leverage and not a lot of cash to save in these deals. But the season is around the corner and it's crucial we get going from day one if we should have a chance at top four.

Holding on and annoy the **** out of the seller for 5 weeks to potentially save 5 mill can quickly cost a ton more.

I think this is exactly the problem. I think Edu and Arteta simply don't have the green light from the club to pay the full sum in one payment. We're financially in dire straits and for this season we already have installments to pay on Pepe deal as well as Özil's last year of contract in addition to whatever signings we bring in.

I still think we have a shot at Partey, though. He's 27 and if he's not signing a new contract he's only going to lose value going forward. On top of that, I doubt any team will pay his release clause in one payment in the post COVID market. None of the team who can do that seem to be interested atm. Atleti know all this but they still have 5 weeks to wait for PSG or similar to get interested so they are in no hurry to budge on the single payment demand just yet.

But you are right in that waiting 'til the end of the window might have detrimental effect on our season. However, apart from the away game at Anfield, I think we can win all the other games before the transfer DL even with our current squad. I think Arteta counts on it as well which is why we haven't gone aggressively for our secondary targets. I think Arteta really wants Partey and is willing to wait.

Token Yank

Partey bossed Liverpool home and away leg. Most notably the away leg. Big, athletic, can dribble and drive forward. Had my heart set on this. Not giving up hope yet.

Edit: read that he is actually a lot better going forward than given credit for. However, he is asked to be more defensive at Atletico. He is a good player, well worth 50m when you look at some of these other historical fees for guys like Torreira, Sissoko, etc. etc.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We’ve almost scraped up the money for his release clause ain’t we?

I'm thinking about doing a transfer to Edu because I'm sick of waiting for this ****.

wolfkidultman

I’d go as far as saying I could live with Partey being our only other signing this window. Yeah we’d be a bit short, but he’s a difference maker.

Finesse

100%. We’d have added to the spine. Gabriel, Saliba, Partey and Willian. Keep Ceb as well and it’s a 9/10 window. The Lyon boy makes it a 10/10.

Partey and Aouar would close the window nicely. For this to happen we have to play cat and mouse. Apart from Chelsea , very few teams are throwing money around. All I hear are swaps and swaps. Clubs have been drained by the pandemic and there is no end in sight as things stand. Right now everyone is holding cards close to their chest. The current valuations or buyout figures of players were pre Covid. Clubs will soon realise those valuations no longer reflect the current pandemic outlook. Even Messi has no price yet. Chelsea has spent what they could not spend during their ban. All we hear are swaps etc. By October you will see those buy out clauses fly out of the windows. I expect swaps and swaps for now. We should be patient. Athletico and Lyon would drop their prices and start listening to swaps + cash offer. Sound out agents and register concrete interests and project proposals and wait.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Partey and Aouar would close the window nicely. For this to happen we have to play cat and mouse. Apart from Chelsea , very few teams are throwing money around. All I hear are swaps and swaps. Clubs have been drained by the pandemic and there is no end in sight as things stand. Right now everyone is holding cards close to their chest. The current valuations or buyout figures of players were pre Covid. Clubs will soon realise those valuations no longer reflect the current pandemic outlook. Even Messi has no price yet. Chelsea has spent what they could not spend during their ban. All we hear are swaps etc. By October you will see those buy out clauses fly out of the windows. I expect swaps and swaps for now. We should be patient. Athletico and Lyon would drop their prices and start listening to swaps + cash offer. Sound out agents and register concrete interests and project proposals and wait.

Agree with this too. Although writing Atletico as Athletico should immediately incur 50 burpees :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Imagine going into the season with Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira and Elneny as your midfield options. Irrespective of how good a coach Arteta is, we are fighting for 7th with that midfield. Even lower if Xhaka gets injured.

Auba signing means they need to match his ambition and build a midfield that creates chances.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Even with gabriel, Willian, Auba resigning our business has been poverty as usual, cant sell anyone, having a hard time bringing anyone in nothing new here at the Arse...

HomeSteak

Established Member
The bellend at it again. Saying Partey came back from his holiday sooner. Impling he did it to get his situation in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom