• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Ceballos ( Loan with option to buy or transfer) and Partey and I'm relatively happy with the window in terms of incomings.

In terms of outgoings hopefully we can clear out a few, even if it's on loan Kolasinac, Elneny, Holding, Chambers etc

Still think that getting Auba to extend his contact is our best bit of business this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You getting a bonus if Nelson is sold? I know @field442 is getting a cheque if Ainsley or Martinez get sold.
In our current youngsters players the only player who took enough chances and underperformed is Nelson. I don't think we'll sell we don't have enough wingers

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is just repeating himself now go and tell edu and board to get 3 midfielders in before we f**ked

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nobody wants Sancho, no one wanted Havertsz, no one wanted Ziyech no one else went for VDB. Clubs got different needs.

Also players have their favoured destinations. If for example Partey is sure he gets great wage here, wants EPL & London, trusts Arteta's project & is a sure starter, all those factors come in and there cannot be other options. Or is Arsenal fan for example.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think the club will look at what they can save with these loan moves and specifically look at options to buy and add that into this summers budget.

Torreira, Holding and Kola will save £10M a year in wages. The loan fees from all three will probably give us £10M. Torreira will have an option or obligation to buy at £17M or so. Kolasinac maybe at £5M or so.

We are saving a lot of money and can use the funds we will receive later on especially if we pay for Aouar in instalments.

If we are indeed keeping AMN we don't need much more in terms of ins. Ceballos on loan, Partey or Aouar and then a Lacazette replacement if he is sold.

Saka and Ainsley in this form need to be starters. No question about it.

Manberg

Predator
Wage cuts will factor in to Partey’s wages not the fee. He will demand big wages and we have a mammoth wage bill as it is. We need to cut about £400k per week wages this season regardless. (**** Özil).

The £50m for Partey will have to come from £50m in transfer fees or loan fees. But I am confident it will get done, have patience.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wage cuts will factor in to Partey’s wages not the fee. He will demand big wages and we have a mammoth wage bill as it is. We need to cut about £400k per week wages this season regardless. (**** Özil).

The £50m for Partey will have to come from £50m in transfer fees or loan fees. But I am confident it will get done, have patience.

AST and Swiss Ramble did say the ring fenced cash (36M) which is now "available" would likely be used on the wage bill. So anything off the wage bill will be completely freed up by the club meaning it can be used however you wish.

But of course any new deals for Auba, Martinez, AMN will be part of that.

Four outs this week in whatever context could be enough for us to put in a bid for Aouar. Doubt its enough to pay a full fee for Partey up front.

PressResistance

Why isn’t any other club after Partey? Nobody wants him.

Real: Have Casemiro to do that, isn't technical enough to start over Modrić or Kroos

Barca: Not their type of player, have De Jong who plays there and if Messi-less, probably not the most interesting proposition

Italy: Skint league, not one club from there is going to pay the fee in bulk, Juve have even more dross to shift than us and Inter look to be assembling a retirement home, Napoli bought Osimshen so that's them done, others definitely not interested

Bayern: Don't think they are interested, Flick doesn't seem the type to rate that kind of player as they look like a speed kills type of side, if Thiago goes and they feel as though they need a replacement, they would probably go for a more technical player

Liverpool: Actually think he 'd fit them, however think Klopp would go with Fabinho and try and get a more creative mid, he 's sensible with the spending tbh

Citteh: See a place there for him but again like with Barca, not their stylistical type of player

ManU: Again, place for him but if Pogba isn't leaving this season, they won't go for him, thinking they go VDB ( very sad about that, like Donny, genuinely a cheaper Ramsey albeit lesser a bit physically with a clever approach to the game ) and a RW/Shaw replacement.

Wolves, Leicester think have the means, but not the need, Tottenham look skint and that 's genuinely covered all options that Partey has to get better wages and get an equal/better chance at competing for sth or in a better league. Also, it seems that a fair bit of players from Africa love Arsenal from their early days, so could be that he has a soft spot for us so that rendered approaches from other clubs at this point useless, unless we give up on him as this has been going on for a longer while. Have a bit of reservations about his age and certain things about his game, but one cannot deny that he 's a quality players who'd add us steel, defensive solidity and ball progression forwards which we lack, we basically bypass the middle when getting in the final third, unless a team is set up deep.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The truth is no teams who actually need Partey have £45M up front to spend on him.

Tonali is going for 10m loan fee and 20m option to buy. He is an elite DM talent.

Stannis

Why isn’t any other club after Partey? Nobody wants him.

As far as we know nobody wanted Aubameyang either

Partey’s age and wage demands are probably what puts people off, but in our current state we need him more than any other big club imo

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

So about 5 weeks till the window shuts, only rumours for incomings are from rubbish ITK's and yet they're not even convinced. Gabriel took over a month.

Fair to say by the end of next week if we're still in this position, I'd be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom