• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

balthazar

Its actually very frustrating with the lack of noise around incomings at the moment. I'm sure something can pop up at any minute, but for anyone looking for a bit of positivity.

• Tierney is actually going to start a season with us. Huge boost.
  • Saka will have his first full debut season in an advanced role. Another huge boost.
  • Pepe will almost certainly push on this season.
  • Lacazette can't get any worse (if he stays)
  • AMN will only get better and if Bellerin stays then he can also kick on after his injury. Bellerin only started 13 games last season.
  • Saliba AND Gabriel coming in at centre half, can't get much better than that.
  • Willian coming in to add more goals and creativity. Another boost.
  • Xhaka actually playing at a very high level under Arteta.
  • Fight and belief in the squad before any new midfield signings are made.
  • Two outstanding goalkeepers
  • In Auba, Laca, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Willian, Nketiah and Nelson we actually have a lot of goals in the team in forward areas.
We have a lot of huge changes compared to this time last season and people thought our squad was worthy of top 4 back then.

There's a lot of reasons to be positive about the club right now. If we manage to pull off what Arteta wants in the market then skies the limit.

like it! and am optimistic. Just need an elite ball spreader and assist-king in midfield or the wings like Cesc, Özil or De Bruyne. At the moment it is just shockingly low, and many goals a due to the individual brilliance of Auba. Hopefully Saka or Pepe, Nelson, or Ceballos if he returns, can step up.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I like the rumored targets and hope we wrap up these deals up but I'm annoyed once again at the time it takes for us to get them over the line. Get it done so the players have time with the squad in preseason.

Divided_Pie

Its actually very frustrating with the lack of noise around incomings at the moment. I'm sure something can pop up at any minute, but for anyone looking for a bit of positivity.

• Tierney is actually going to start a season with us. Huge boost.
  • Saka will have his first full debut season in an advanced role. Another huge boost.
  • Pepe will almost certainly push on this season.
  • Lacazette can't get any worse (if he stays)
  • AMN will only get better and if Bellerin stays then he can also kick on after his injury. Bellerin only started 13 games last season.
  • Saliba AND Gabriel coming in at centre half, can't get much better than that.
  • Willian coming in to add more goals and creativity. Another boost.
  • Xhaka actually playing at a very high level under Arteta.
  • Fight and belief in the squad before any new midfield signings are made.
  • Two outstanding goalkeepers
  • In Auba, Laca, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Willian, Nketiah and Nelson we actually have a lot of goals in the team in forward areas.
We have a lot of huge changes compared to this time last season and people thought our squad was worthy of top 4 back then.

There's a lot of reasons to be positive about the club right now. If we manage to pull off what Arteta wants in the market then skies the limit.
Don't forget we got Mkhi's massive wage is off the books now as well

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Looks like we're moving players on finally. I'd like us to sell Laca, Nketiah, Bellerin and Martinez if it helped to get Auoar and Partey. Laca either staying or moving for another forward coming in would be a bonus.

Not bothered if AMN isn't good at RB in a back four. Seeing how he's been playing and progressing its a matter of when. 3 at the back, Cedric and Willian as options on the right I'm happy with.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's all well and good saying that but we have 0 quality in midfield. Minimum for me is a CM and Ceballos back.
What's the point of it being minimum if the minimum isnt good enough. Literally buying for the sake of it.

As for the arguments Aubameyang may not renew. It's a risk but weve added 3 players (if we include Gabriel and Saliba). That's a different team from last season.

I'm very much quality over quantity at this stage. Aoaur, Ceballos, Partey, Grealish or nobody. If we dont get them I'm fine with that I trust Arteta to get everything from this squad as it stands. Even if that means Xhaka and Willock starting.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What's the point of it being minimum if the minimum isnt good enough. Literally buying for the sake of it.

As for the arguments Aubameyang may not renew. It's a risk but weve added 3 players (if we include Gabriel and Saliba). That's a different team from last season.

I'm very much quality over quantity at this stage. Aoaur, Ceballos, Partey, Grealish or nobody. If we dont get them I'm fine with that I trust Arteta to get everything from this squad as it stands. Even if that means Xhaka and Willock starting.

Thats why we are waiting on Aouar/Partey rather than going for other targets.

After those two I don't see any other players who vastly improve us in midfield.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Thats why we are waiting on Aouar/Partey rather than going for other targets.

After those two I don't see any other players who vastly improve us in midfield.
I suppose it's just there have been lots of links I.e Roca. whilst a good player if they are low down on our priority they should just stay there.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Need the next 3-4 days covered with Auba contract extension announcement, Gabriel presentation and Dani's home coming communicado official

Need a few highlights now and sprinkle in some Partey/Aouar news

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just want outgoings lol
I dont care when Auba or Gabriel get announced as long as they are done
We need to move 5-6 players on to get enough money for Partey

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's the sheer numbers I'm looking at, last year we had Özil, Guendouzi and Lucas but they are all pretty much out the door, our midfield right now is so weak I'm not sure we could get through a full campaign with it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Without knowing any budgets its difficult to tell what else we can do.

Mari was signed for £8M this summer.
Gabriel fee is £24M. But he's on extremely low wages.
Cedric bought in for free, probably on 50/60k a week wages.
Saka new contract.
Martinelli new contract.
Auba new contract.
Probably Martinez and AMN new contracts as well.

Mikky has gone so that frees up the wages for nearly all of those signings/contracts, which is crazy.

But in total we've probably shelled out around £40M this summer without sales.

Kolasinac, Torreira, Sokratis and Holding out the door pretty much balance the books.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
80k wages for Gabriel last I heard
also Martinelli and Saka probably got a good bump in their wages

Then u also have to factor in what we paid in bonuses to Willian and other agents (mainly Kia) who got the other deals and contract extensions sorted for us.

I think we have easily bypassed 50m spending this summer already

Last edited:

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

It's the sheer numbers I'm looking at, last year we had Özil, Guendouzi and Lucas but they are all pretty much out the door, our midfield right now is so weak I'm not sure we could get through a full campaign with it.
looks like we have Ceballos plus Xhaka, Willock and now Elneny. Basically one man down from where we were last season. Again it's just my opinion but I'd rather not rush and sign someone just for the sake of it. Plus ERS coming back in also and Amn who can fill in and looks better now than he did at the start of last season.

So I admit it's not ideal but at least it's not risking 30 m plus on a player we may not want just for the sake of having a player in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
80k wages for Gabriel last I heard
also Martinelli and Saka probably got a good bump in their wages

Then u also have to factor in what we paid in bonuses to Willian and other agents (mainly Kia) who got the other deals and contract extensions sorted for us.

I think we have easily bypassed 50m spending this summer already

Didn't Di Marzio say its 2m euros a year? Basically 40k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom