• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I have a sneaky feeling that Bellerin is going to come back strong this year, and he is a good character to have in the squad (along with the HG benefit). That's why I'm very conflicted about selling him. Before, I was leaning towards keeping AMN in midfield and having Bellerin as a starting right-back.

However, I do understand that we need to cash in on some players to get our targets. I don't envy the decision makers, but I would probably sell him if we get at least €40m (could be €35+5m).

Would be great to pick up Bogle as a project for RB with some spare cash, though.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

nearly all clubs are in a sell to buy phase. If we have decided against selling AMN then Bellerin is the obvious candidate as that effectively leaves us with 3 right backs.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Man some of you really love these average players, Bellerin is proper replaceable.

I noticed something with our fanbase is that they get really clingy with average players.

In order to progress as a club sometimes you have to sell these sort of players and reinvest in other areas, the prime example of this is Liverpool when they sold Coutinho. He wasn’t as good as people were suggesting he was and the Liverpool fans have now realised that.

If selling Bellerin means we get Partey and Aouar then I’ll drive him to Paris.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I noticed something with our fanbase is that they get really clingy with average players.

In order to progress as a club sometimes you have to sell these sort of players and reinvest in other areas, the prime example of this is Liverpool when they sold Coutinho. He wasn’t as good as people were suggesting he was and the Liverpool fans have now realised that.

If selling Bellerin means we get Partey and Aouar then I’ll drive him to Paris.

Same **** happens with academy products. I just look at it from a business point of view and the best way we can improve our team. I didn’t care if AMN was sold if it meant we can get the players you mention. If he stays I don’t care if Bellerin gets sold. The same thing goes for Martinez and Leno.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Same **** happens with academy products. I just look at it from a business point of view and the best way we can improve our team. I didn’t care if AMN was sold if it meant we can get the players you mention. If he stays I don’t care if Bellerin gets sold. The same thing goes for Martinez and Leno.

So, who do you think in our squad is irreplaceable? The obvious one is Auba but anyone else?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I have a sneaky feeling that Bellerin is going to come back strong this year, and he is a good character to have in the squad (along with the HG benefit). That's why I'm very conflicted about selling him. Before, I was leaning towards keeping AMN in midfield and having Bellerin as a starting right-back.

However, I do understand that we need to cash in on some players to get our targets. I don't envy the decision makers, but I would probably sell him if we get at least €40m (could be €35+5m).

Would be great to pick up Bogle as a project for RB with some spare cash, though.

Yes he's started to look sharper, he was good on Sat vs Pool. It all comes down to do we sell AMN or Bellerin? I would sell Bellerin simply because AMN hasn't reached his ceiling yet. Also he is young and improving rapidly these past few months. He may not want to play RB but surely starting is the main thing for any player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Aubameyang, Pepe, Saka, Saliba, Tierney and you keep one of Leno/Martinez. You build the team around those. Everyone else i don't care about. They're not good enough that i'd be worried if we sold them.

I'd extend that a little bit -

Martinez/Leno
Auba
Pepe
Saka/Willian
Saliba/Luiz
Tierney
AMN
Gabriel
Ceballos/Xhaka

Are the 9 I'd build around.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I have a sneaky feeling that Bellerin is going to come back strong this year
He does look a bit thinner which could make a positive difference for his agility and pace which was crucial for his game.
Not sure whose idea was to bulk him up, that worked terribly for him.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm glad, if the reports are true, that he is up for a new challenge - he certainly doesn't deserve to be forced out of the club

I hope he does go to PSG - the French will appreciate his character

Goonger

Tierney is as down to earth as you can possibly get and already left Celtic, a club with people he's known much longer than either Holding and Heccy, he'll survive easily.

Sokratis has warrior spirit, but he seems to be the quiet type most of the time, he's definitly someone who will speak up when something irks him though, which is why he probably got in that skuffle with Guendouzi, but in relation to the dressing room we never heard of him in his entire time here.

I can only assume you're putting Guendouzi there as a joke. We fully know that he wasn't a positive influence in the dressing room. He's a jokster and a kid that failed to jump on the Arteta train post-restart.
If anything the non-reaction of Auba and Laca shows that they don't take too much issue with the treatement of Guendouzi.

Laca is going to be a miss, I assume. I'll give that one on the condition that even then its something the dressing room can easily get over.

Apart from that the big voices in the dressing room we hear constantly about, are vocal and are leaders are all still there. In comparison last season was a complete ****show with Kolsceny leaving like that, the captain question that dragged on way too long and nobody really stepping up.

I know Tierney is a down to earth guy, that's what I'm worried about. Im 10 miles away from where he was born & raised. Everyone made a big deal about the Tesco bag, that's posh for where we come from!
Just want the dude to be happy & settled, perhaps we can hire his hero Scott Brown as the mascot at the end of the season to make sure he feels at home.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Personally I actually prefer AMN as RB/RWB so I'm not overly fussed if Bellerin is to go as long as its for the right fee.

My main issue with Bellerin is he gets injured quite a fair bit so would be happier with a bit more of a constant back line, no ill will against Bellerin though just think hes definitely one of the sellable assets we have.

See how AMN progresses at RB and have Cedric as the back up, its tough when not much interest is in our other players we need to shift and we need money to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom