• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Disgusting, he is worth 30 mil
Very good player that just hasn’t been able to adapt in the epl, but would be great in Spain or Italy. I can easily see him playing for a Juventus or Barca in a couple of years.

hopefully we included a sell on clause
No one will pay 30m for Torreira especially in a Covid-19 period. We should take the hit and move on. 24m is decent. At least we recouped over 90% of what we spent on him. Of not for Covid-19, I reckon we would have gotten more

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Better not be any opt outs or loopholes in the obligation to buy. I trust Italian clubs about as far as I could throw them when it comes to transfers.

£24m seems a respectable fee though. Would have been better if it was a straight transfer though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Can anyone explain what is the point of a loan + obligation to buy?

8m loan fee (year 1) + 16m fee (8mil for 2yrs) = 24mil,
24mil transfer fee spread over the same 3yrs is also 8mil a year? (All made up terms just to suit the example)

What's the difference? Why do clubs opt for loan and obligation, why not just sign the player out right now and structure the payments in the same way?

What is the point in the loan?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
dotwJzt.jpg

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Very good player that just hasn’t been able to adapt in the epl, but would be great in Spain or Italy. I can easily see him playing for a Juventus or Barca in a couple of years.

Agreed. He's a very good player who's just too limited

Makavelii

24mil transfer fee spread over the same 3yrs is also 8mil a year? (All made up terms just to suit the example)

What's the difference? Why do clubs opt for loan and obligation, why not just sign the player out right now and structure the payments in the same way?

The obligation to buy has a clause that he has to play a certain number of games or something for the obligation to take effect.
So it’s basically insurance for the buyer that they don’t have to buy if they’re a flop.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
No one will pay 30m for Torreira especially in a Covid-19 period. We should take the hit and move on. 24m is decent. At least we recouped over 90% of what we spent on him. Of not for Covid-19, I reckon we would have gotten more
Milan last summer bid 32m for him before they got Bennacer

Ashybashy86

Can we use the 16m now ??
I'm not too clued up on accounting, but maybe, if it's Accounts Receivable.

Definition: Accounts Receivable (AR) is the proceeds or payment which the company will receive from its customers who have purchased its goods & services on credit. Usually the credit period is short ranging from few days to months or in some cases maybe a year.

Account Receivables (AR) are treated as current assets on the balance sheet.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

FFP?

benjamin86

Established Member

If the monies spent this window on another player that's had his value squashed by Covid then it's fine.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
But this shows you how overrated Mislintat is. He was terrible in his job. The one transfer window we had under him (summer of 2018) was so average

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
If the monies spent this window on another player that's had his value squashed by Covid then it's fine.
Aouar without Covid could've been 70m. So eventually everything evens itself out and all parties benefit as the players value they want to sell declines along with the players value they want to buy unless they have a clause in their contract

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The obligation to buy has a clause that he has to play a certain number of games or something for the obligation to take effect.
So it’s basically insurance for the buyer that they don’t have to buy if they’re a flop.

Oh really, never knew that.

Always thought the obligation ment you buy regardless, thanks for clearing that up.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I'm not too clued up on accounting, but maybe, if it's Accounts Receivable.

Definition: Accounts Receivable (AR) is the proceeds or payment which the company will receive from its customers who have purchased its goods & services on credit. Usually the credit period is short ranging from few days to months or in some cases maybe a year.

Account Receivables (AR) are treated as current assets on the balance sheet.
I've heard that once the club reports its financial results, it will be included so makes sense

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Yes but they're going to be paying £10M for him this window, they won't pay that and not go through with the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom