• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,422
Status
Not open for further replies.

SK Lation

Then whats taking us so long ? Surely we can afford that even without player sales assuming theres an initial fee of 25-30m ??
I think we try to shift some players first so we're not stuck with an inflated squad in the end. We're having Xhaka, Ceballos, Willock, Willock, ESR, Özil, Guendouzi, Elneny and Torreira for midfield right now. 8 CBs. That's way too much and our wages go through the roof. Would be at risk to bring in more players, ending up without being able to sell/loan/gift some of our not needed players.

As soon as 2 or 3 out of Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny, Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Bellerin etc have left, we'll move.

Divided_Pie

It's tough when we have no idea how we're going to play.

Do we even need Aouar in a 343?

I would want him to play a bit further back for us; his key passes stats terrify me a bit, simply too low for an advanced playmaker.

Ideally he'd play LCM in 433; but would we have the players for that? I'm not sure, even if we buy Partey.
I can't see us moving to a full-on 433 straight away regardless of midfield signings. Saliba and Gabriel need time to adapt, and Luiz was re-signed for a reason, and I don't think it was to play in a back 4. The 3-4-3 is getting results. Think we'll continue the pattern of defending in a 5-4-1/343, transitioning to 4-3-3 when playing out from the back, and ending in a 2-3-5 when attacking in the final 3rd.

If we sign Partey and Aouar, I would think the plan would be to start them next to each other in a double pivot. Aouar would need to improve his ball retention ability as a DLP and be more judicious about when to take people on because he'll be playing deeper. He's not really a chance creator at the moment so I don't see him as a CAM.

Xhaka and Ceballos would probably begin as the starters and Partey and Aouar would be phased in as they adapt to the league, team, coach, roles, etc. Xhaka is limited but he can be a functional cog in a 3-4-3, same with Ceballos. Ceballos is only on loan so we shouldn't build around him long term.

This assumes Torreira and Guendouzi are sold, and possibly Willock, ESR, and Elneny loaned (I personally would keep Elneny around as the emergency CM).

Late stages in the year I think we'd see something like this as our preferred lineup in tough matches:

Leno
Saliba - Luiz - Gabriel
AMN - Thomas - Aouar - Tierney
Pepe - Laca - PEA

Bench:
Martinez
Mari/Mustafi
Cedric
Saka/Nelson
Xhaka/Ceballos
Willian/Özil
Nketiah/Martinelli

Expect Saka, Willian, and Cedric to be the most frequent non-injury substitutes as the WB roles take a lot of energy.

If Laca is sold I think we play more of a 3-5-2 with Willian or Özil at CAM.

Solid depth all around IMO.

Last edited:

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I think we try to shift some players first so we're not stuck with an inflated squad in the end. We're having Xhaka, Ceballos, Willock, Willock, ESR, Özil, Guendouzi, Elneny and Torreira for midfield right now. 8 CBs. That's way too much and our wages go through the roof. Would be at risk to bring in more players, ending up without being able to sell/loan/gift some of our not needed players.

As soon as 2 or 3 out of Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny, Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Bellerin etc have left, we'll move.
That's a good point tbh, hope you're right

TakeChillPill

Established Member

The majority of those will go on loan where we'll get a loan fee as well as the wages off the books. It shouldn't be an issue.

The problem is that we need sell 1-2 for a large fee so we can help fund Partey and Aoaur. If we can get £35m for bellerin we could problem get some funding for Aoaur, as we won't need to pay the fee in whole. The real issue is partey where the £45m clause means all the money in one go. If we can negotiate a Pepe like deal with installments for both. Bellerin £35m + sokartis £3m + Kola £5m + torrieria £8m (+ 16m in two years), holding + £3m (loan fee, I think £15m if we sell) El neny £2m (loan, £15m if selling)we can probably piece together £50m-£80m.

Hopefully we can get this bellerin deal over the line as quickly as possible so we can really get these players. I can really see us having a great season with these two pieces in the side.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
The majority of those will go on loan where we'll get a loan fee as well as the wages off the books. It shouldn't be an issue.

The problem is that we need sell 1-2 for a large fee so we can help fund Partey and Aoaur. If we can get £35m for bellerin we could problem get some funding for Aoaur, as we won't need to pay the fee in whole. The real issue is partey where the £45m clause means all the money in one go. If we can negotiate a Pepe like deal with installments for both. Bellerin £35m + sokartis £3m + Kola £5m + torrieria £8m (+ 16m in two years), holding + £3m (loan fee, I think £15m if we sell) El neny £2m (loan, £15m if selling)we can probably piece together £50m-£80m.

Hopefully we can get this bellerin deal over the line as quickly as possible so we can really get these players. I can really see us having a great season with these two pieces in the side.
Sell Lacazette as well if that is what it takes for us to bring both of them to the carpet

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I was reading your transfer fee estimations like "Okay, a bit optimistic, but some could happen.. El..Elneny £15 million!! :eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:"

I had to check twice (actually more) if I read it right.

SK Lation

Need to give Nketiah a chance
We have like 1000 games a season. He'll receive enough chances. Rate Eddie but don't think he's ready to be our first choice CF yet. I don't see the point in strengthening our midfield and sacrificing quality in attack at the same time. I know Lacazette is not rated at all on A-M but I'm hopeful he can improve for us, if he stays healthy.

Makavelii

I can't see us moving to a full-on 433 straight away regardless of midfield signings. Saliba and Gabriel need time to adapt, and Luiz was re-signed for a reason, and I don't think it was to play in a back 4. The 3-4-3 is getting results. Think we'll continue the pattern of defending in a 5-4-1/343, transitioning to 4-3-3 when playing out from the back, and ending in a 2-3-5 when attacking in the final 3rd.

If we sign Partey and Aouar, I would think the plan would be to start them next to each other in a double pivot. Aouar would need to improve his ball retention ability as a DLP and be more judicious about when to take people on because he'll be playing deeper. He's not really a chance creator at the moment so I don't see him as a CAM.

Xhaka and Ceballos would probably begin as the starters and Partey and Aouar would be phased in as they adapt to the league, team, coach, roles, etc. Xhaka is limited but he can be a functional cog in a 3-4-3, same with Ceballos. Ceballos is only on loan so we shouldn't build around him long term.

This assumes Torreira and Guendouzi are sold, and possibly Willock, ESR, and Elneny loaned (I personally would keep Elneny around as the emergency CM).

Late stages in the year I think we'd see something like this as our preferred lineup in tough matches:

Leno
Saliba - Luiz - Gabriel
AMN - Thomas - Aouar - Tierney
Pepe - Laca - PEA

Bench:
Martinez
Mari/Mustafi
Cedric
Saka/Nelson
Xhaka/Ceballos
Willian/Özil
Nketiah/Martinelli

Expect Saka, Willian, and Cedric to be the most frequent non-injury substitutes as the WB roles take a lot of energy.

If Laca is sold I think we play more of a 3-5-2 with Willian or Özil at CAM.

Solid depth all around IMO.

Nah. Ceballos and Xhaka would be better in a deeper CM role than Aouar. We wouldn’t buy him if that was the plan for him.

Also, if the plan is to play 343 with only two CM’s - then we only need one more CM not both.

jvw

Is Auoar strong enough for the Premier League? Will he be a defensive liability? I haven't seen him play enough. I'm wondering if he's worth the figures being quoted when Everton are signing James for £22m. I know he didn't play much last year, but his goal/assist numbers held up pretty well until then.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Is Auoar strong enough for the Premier League? Will he be a defensive liability? I haven't seen him play enough. I'm wondering if he's worth the figures being quoted when Everton are signing James for £22m. I know he didn't play much last year, but his goal/assist numbers held up pretty well until then.
Emiliano Buendía

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

trash on twitter saying personal terms agreed. if true Aouar will be an Arsenal player.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Looks like we've agreed personal terms which means it's likely we'll know Lyon will accept an offer, with the relationship between Edu and Juninho this transfer is now for me, when and not if. Just need him in as soon as possible.

Again, not sure he'll improve our midfield as much as people think.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Looks like we've agreed personal terms which means it's likely we'll know Lyon will accept an offer, with the relationship between Edu and Juninho this transfer is now for me, when and not if. Just need him in as soon as possible.

Again, not sure he'll improve our midfield as much as people think.

@say yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom