• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's impossible no other French club interested in his wages are not big and i don't feel we asking alot

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The optimist in me believes once Guendouzi was off the table we accelerated sales to fund this

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This has shades of the Toure-Guardiola feud. Hopefully Arteta got some pointers from that to apply to this situation.

D

Dial Square 1886

Clearly another player who was/is valued at far higher by Arsenal fans than the rest of the football world.

I mean people were saying 40/50mil euro at times in this thread!!

StefanB

Maybe we should get him a big birthday cake and he will go up 10 levels and sign a new contract with a 30% wage decrease because he's so happy.

SK Lation

Clearly another player who was/is valued at far higher by Arsenal fans than the rest of the football world.

I mean people were saying 40/50mil euro at times in this thread!!
And there'd be clubs that would pay this if he wasn't dumped for everyone to see. They know we are desperate to get rid of him which puts us into the worst position possible. Adding his childish attitude and here we are.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I would be happy if we sell him fo 10-15M... Anyway I never liked him as a player. I don't know what people watched on him... He can't defend, he can't pass, he is bad technically, only thing he can do is running with ball until he falls and got the ball disposed

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I would be happy if we sell him fo 10-15M... Anyway I never liked him as a player. I don't know what people watched on him... He can't defend, he can't pass, he is bad technically, only thing he can do is running with ball until he falls and got the ball disposed

Guendouzi is a very good passer, yorch!

Here is what I like about Guendouzi:

-great personality to take responsibility and want the ball from deep

-very nice composure on the ball

-good vision and passing

-in general, very good ball progression

-Tall, relatively strong, and relatively athletic (I know @MutableEarth disagrees with me here, but in terms of athleticism I feel he has a pretty fine build and quickness for a pivot midfielder)

Basically, he has all the ingredients for a fine pivot player, especially a 5/6 (depending on how you do the numbering in your country), except defensive and tactical intelligence. Now, that can't always be taught, but often it can. I certainly think it's worth trying because if so you have a world class 5/6 tbh.

There's so much hyperbole with Guendouzi. Major talent he is. Top player he is not, but he can be. That no one is interested in a bit of a project with major personality concerns who's fallen out with a highly respected young manager in a covid economy where everyone is just trying to solve their most essential needs without thinking about long-term planning really means far less than people make it out to mean. With a good season of management under a proper manager, something he hasn't had yet, and a recuperation of the market, he could easily be a 50-100m player.

Token Yank

Talented, arrogant, young. Crazy potential. Just hang on and see if he matures this year. When I was 19 years old I was a massive asshole, and not a famous rich professional footballer. No need to sell low, see if he realizes he ain't the alpha (what sort of goofy edit is this? ) and gets on with it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If this little ***** could actually apologise to Arteta and come out with a statement about him planning to put his head down and try to prove himself then I would accept him back.

Arteta is improving all the players in the squad, Guendouzi could be part of that.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he’s captaining the u21, that shows he has some leadership qualities that can be teased out if he’s prepared to eat some humble pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom