• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Apparently the reason his loan has been blocked is partly because David Luiz has a neck injury (picked up in the community shield) which is difficult to asses. May be fine in a week, may keep him out for up to six weeks. (Story in the Athletic)

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Arteta want eveyone to stay someone tell him we got 8 cb at club ffs

Nah think he's only staying because 1 it's a pretty dead loan offer, and 2 Mustafi/Mari still injured.

It's a good decision in my opinion and hopefully Sokratis is out the door now, hasn't been training has he?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nah think he's only staying because 1 it's a pretty dead loan offer, and 2 Mustafi/Mari still injured.

It's a good decision in my opinion and hopefully Sokratis is out the door now, hasn't been training has he?
Yes sok is gone Mari back to full training in few weeks time and Mustafi in October. Chambers still long way. Seem we'll only let sok go and everyone else staying :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
All the conspiracy theory's in here and it turns out he's staying because Luiz is injured hahaha.

I'm still quietly confident one of Chambers or Mustafi will go.

Difficult to keep 7 CB's through the season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Suuuurrreeee......On his way out the door but Arteta wanted to keep him. That’s just sugar coating it and making Rob feel a bit better about himself.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We'll see, if Holding ends up as a starter to begin the season then Arteta/Ornstein is telling the truth,.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Chambers still like 2 months away from full sharpness no way he going on loan

The window is still open for one month. A team will take him on loan towards the end of the window if he’s not that far away from full fitness.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Think Holding is staying because of his consistent performances mostly. Arteta probably realises relying on Gabriel and Saliba is too big a risk.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mari is aiming to return to full training this month. Mustafi October and Chambers they're saying he's just aiming to be back "as soon as possible" this year which is very open ended. With Luiz potentially out for a long time if we were to get rid of Holding we'd be left with Saliba and Gabriel as our only choices when both need to be broken in gently.

I doubt Mari will be match fit until October, Mustafi won't be match fit until December and nobody knows with Chambers.

Difficult thing with Mustafi is he can start talking to clubs in 4 months for a free transfer in the summer. He'll probably just wait.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Pray we somehow get rid of Mustafi as we can get some sort of decent fee for him and get his 90k a week off the wage bill and would free up space for non HG players

Stannis

It’s fine to keep him, he is a good back up and will have decent market value for the next couple seasons

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree about Saliba and Gabriel need time to settle but it'll take few weeks. I just find it difficult we keeping 7 cb at club even if Mari Mustafi Chambers are currently injured it's way too much players.

Iceman10

Established Member
Think Holding is staying because of his consistent performances mostly. Arteta probably realises relying on Gabriel and Saliba is too big a risk.

I’m ok with keeping Holding if he has impressed Arteta in training recently, but this idea of “consistent performances” is rather interesting, to say the least, particularly regarding last season.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I’m ok with keeping Holding if he has impressed Arteta in training recently, but this idea of “consistent performances” is rather interesting, to say the least, particularly regarding last season.

I just mean in the final & community shield.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pray we somehow get rid of Mustafi as we can get some sort of decent fee for him and get his 90k a week off the wage bill and would free up space for non HG players
No one will buy Mustafi especially as he's just returning form a long term injury. I've resigned myself to him seeing out the reminder of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom