• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah Mustafi isn't going anywhere. Bloke won't be back into full training until later October/Early December. A month and a bit after that the next transfer window opens and he can openly talk to clubs for a pre contract deal. He'll be here for the rest of the season.

Chambers is the only one we can potentially see leaving, maybe on loan with option to buy towards the end of the window.

Iceman10

Established Member
I didn't even watch the game in all fairness.

The other part to this is it would be another step up to play solidly in a flat back four than our current system, but we shall see. Arteta has a lot of goodwill behind him right now, and space to make his judgment calls.

ClubLevel

A lot of games this season following a heavy schedule at the back end of last season. Might not be too bad an idea to have an extra CB or two to keep the squad fresh and to cover for injuries.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Makes no sense we would stop a loan deal happening. If he went there was always a possibility someone could get injured.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Not sure if this is likely, but here's hoping...

Look it's as weak as alcohol free budweiser, but here is a link to Holding being bombed out when White signs :)

Would be precisely what a well-run football club would do. Sell high when his value is not likely to go any higher, and very likely to drop, since he will be mostly a squad player behind White. Chambers and Marí would be sufficient back-up to White and Gabriel given our lack of European football.

Here's hoping, as you say. The Times is a good source, no?

Alexs

We should not be selling Holding simply because the club lacks the competence to sell a long list of other players first.

When Edu has sold Willian, Bellerin, Torreira, AMN, Nketiah, loaned or sold Nelson, worked out what to do with Balogun, Willock, purchased a midfield, a right back and possibly a striker all in the next 6 weeks, he can put his feet up on a yacht and sell Holding.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I really like Holding but I think it is a choice between Holding and Chambers for who backs up White. I have a feeling Mikel would side with Chambers as he is better on the ball and can do a job at right back and midfield at a push.

? Cedric
White Chambers
Gabriel Mari
Tierney Taveres

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We should not be selling Holding simply because the club lacks the competence to sell a long list of other players first.

When Edu has sold Willian, Bellerin, Torreira, AMN, Nketiah, loaned or sold Nelson, worked out what to do with Balogun, Willock, purchased a midfield, a right back and possibly a striker all in the next 6 weeks, he can put his feet up on a yacht and sell Holding.
Yeah even the Holding Hate squad has to admit there's more pressing matters than our CB with the most minutes last season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You don't ask for much

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wow, Rob finally embraces his baldness, and Arteta wants him sold...life is harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom