• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBoy19

If he goes on free then it's more to do with Arsenal wanting to free non HG squad numbers. We are on 18 at the moment, and it's not worth to keep a defender who won't play more than 5 games in the season. Wages saved will be added bonus.

zilfy

Sokratis in a free, Torreira under 40m and Matrinez under 30m is shocking business and undervaluing of good players even if there not starters for us.
Then selling Bellerin for 35 mil should even it all out then, right?
We'd be making an additional 34.9 million on your current valuation of Hector- now that's good business

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Then selling Bellerin for 35 mil should even it all out then, right?
We'd be making an additional 34.9 million on your current valuation of Hector- now that's good business

Anything above 2m is bonus for Bellerin. Above 10m Arteta, Edu and Vinni should have statue putside the Emirates as thats just screwing over a team even more so than Iwobi for over 30m.

That said, it doesnt excuse bad business when selling our good players on the cheap.

Last edited:

Stannis

Anything above 2m is bonus for Bellerin. Abbove 10m and Arteta amd Vinnin should have statue putside the Emirates as thats just screwing over a team even more so than Iwobi for over 30m.

That said, it doesnt excuse bad business when selling our good players on the cheap.

so did Hector run over your cat, grandmother or both?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Heard Bellerin ate the last vegan Pastry at Greggs once that @Mitch was eyeing up. Never recovered since then.

They are nice but no.

I was eating a subway meatball sub once when fat Sam walked by leering and dribbling over my sub like he was Jabba the Hutt and my sub was Princess Leia in a gold bikini. Put me right off my sub, as if needed another reason to hate fat Sam.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Sokratis is on £90k a week? If he stays max he plays is 5 games. £90k a week is about £4.5m - £5m you are saving in wages this year that you can put towards the transfer budget. Let him go for free, lets all pitch him & buy him his ryanair ticket to naples if it helps.

Yeah i get what you're saying about getting his wages off the books. But i would rather keep him and let him run down his contract than give him away for free. But if Arteta only plans on using him as a back up option instead of a rotation player might as well let him go on a free. No point in having back up players on £90K a week. But i trust Sokratis in a back 3 any day over players like Holding, Mustafi and also Mari who is still unproven in this league. I think Papa still has a role to play at the club.

If we are talking about trimming our wages it has to been Kolasinac to be the first one we get rid off. Imagine giving him a 5 year deal on those wages :trophy: A lot of brutal decisions were made during that period. Glad this beautiful club is slowly but surely moving in the right direction.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Not terrible. not great. Sellable asset, time to cash in for some dineros. Bye hector, wish u well. U nice lad, but quite mediocre player innit.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Why not just play hard and refuse to let him go for free? Sokratis for sure will have suitors other than Napoli who'd willingly pay.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If 45m signs you Partey then Torreira ( who is very well rounded and rateley has a bad game for us but an inform Xhaka is preffered) is worth 40m.

DCMs and defensive box to box cms quality of players is no where near what is used to be 5 years ago let alone 10 years ago. I literally can't think of a genuine world class player in that position off the top of head, the best is probably Casimero and Benatucer. I mean a very average player in Henderson gets into the team of the season and he's the modern day David Batty. We have have many very hyped and expensive players (after a few decent peformances in CL similar to Partey) in that role sign for PL clubs and flop in Fred, Wanyama, Bayakao etc.

Martinez is worth 30m after several months of superb form in a world that Kepa is 70m and Henderson is on over 100k just after 1 season

C'mon mate, in no world is Torreira worth 40m, especially a covid market world. You're totally ignoring the market circumstances.

Torreira is a mediocre player, it's why only the likes of Torino and Fiorentina are interested. It's absurd to put Torreira in the same league as Thomas much less suggest that he should value just 5m less.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yeah i get what you're saying about getting his wages off the books. But i would rather keep him and let him run down his contract than give him away for free. But if Arteta only plans on using him as a back up option instead of a rotation player might as well let him go on a free. No point in having back up players on £90K a week. But i trust Sokratis in a back 3 any day over players like Holding, Mustafi and also Mari who is still unproven in this league. I think Papa still has a role to play at the club.

If we are talking about trimming our wages it has to been Kolasinac to be the first one we get rid off. Imagine giving him a 5 year deal on those wages :trophy: A lot of brutal decisions were made during that period. Glad this beautiful club is slowly but surely moving in the right direction.
Wouldn't mind if we have both (Kola and Sokratis) leave for free. Just getting their wages off the books would be a blessing. Doubt we can get Kola off the books for free given his wages. Maybe loaning Kola out and eating some of his wages could be a possibility.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Wouldn't mind if we have both (Kola and Sokratis) leave for free. Just getting their wages off the books would be a blessing. Doubt we can get Kola off the books for free given his wages. Maybe loaning Kola out and eating some of his wages could be a possibility.

Atm we have 8 pure CB's plus Tierney who performs well in a back 3. Mustafi, Mari & Chambers will be out injured for at least a month while David Luiz is out probably out for this weekends fixture against Fulham. Somebody also just posted that he's gonna be out for at least a month.

If that's the case we will only have 4 pure CB's remaining plus Tierney. No way in hell we allow Papa to leave on a free. Maybe at the very end of the window when there is more certainty about the injuries and if the new boys are ready to step up.

No more Charity FC! Unless it's Kolasinac. Then it's fine:rolleyes:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If Napoli can't even throw a few million our way for Sokratis even after pocketing close to 100m for Allan and Koulibaly* then they can **** off. Also in regard to his high wages, it isn't like they pay their players the minimum wage. They pay Kostas Manolas a reported £80k a week. But even if we play it safe and say they wanted to pay Sokratis 60k a week, to top it up to his current salary it would only cost them an extra £1.5m a year. So let's say that takes a couple of million of his transfer value, he is still worth at least 4-5m unless Napoli really think they could get a player of Sokratis' calibre for £1.5-£2m even if he was on low wages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom