• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 651,423
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Everton got Doucoure for 20m. I think they’re building a decent squad this time around, Allan is going to be a very good signing too.

They need to bring in CBs and striker next though.

Yeah I like what Everton are doing this time, they’ll improve massively I think.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The only time we would need to worry about Everton is if they got CL football. Because they'd spend massive money and wages on actual good players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Ole
handshake-1f91d.png
@Leo_ense_

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
To me Ole is saying they arent going to give Dortmund what they want.

They offered £90M for Sancho, it failed. They've moved on to VDB, Reguillon and a CB for that 90M.

If United wanted to pay that £108M it would be done by now.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

To me Ole is saying they arent going to give Dortmund what they want.

They offered £90M for Sancho, it failed. They've moved on to VDB, Reguillon and a CB for that 90M.

If United wanted to pay that £108M it would be done by now.

That's not how United transfers work. Many times we work for a long time to end up agreeing a barely much of an improved deal. Can be seen with Maguire and Bruno Fernandes.

The way I see it, the club is very much aware of the fee Dortmund want yet still agreed Sancho's contract, agent fees, bonuses and personal terms. I think that's a good indication that they're willing to try to sign him. Otherwise, why bother?

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Seems he's working on other moves:

Weird one for me if Milik joins. Tottenham needs a back up striker for when Kane needs a rest/is injured. They struggled without him when he was out injured last season.

I don't see Tottenham playing with both Kane and Milik in the starting line up so why would Milik want to join them? Money obviously. But to me that's a lack of ambition. Would be a very good option of the bench for them though.

Reactions: A_G

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
We, as Arsenal fan, should be very thankful for what Palace did with Zaha last year! Everton literally tried to buy Zaha last year, and CP rejected their last attempt. Only after that Everton made a panic buy and bid for Iwobi :lol::lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Feel sorry for Zaha man. Everton is such a nothing jump up the ladder for him at this stage of his career.

Retirement institution lead by Carlo.

Got some terrible advice. Careers short and I wouldn't have shown that loyalty to Palace. Could be here if he'd not signed that contract

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Got some terrible advice. Careers short and I wouldn't have shown that loyalty to Palace. Could be here if he'd not signed that contract

True. The contract was kind of his own doing. But hard to blame him when he set himself for life, think he's on something like 130K if I'm not mistaken.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Klopp selling the kids, not surprised really...just a less likeable Mourinho (and that takes some doing!)

When was the last time Jurgen brought through a young player, that didn't want to have sex with heavily pregnant women...probably his Dortmund days...fraud.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wolves now have 10 Portuguese speakers and 4 Spanish speakers out of a squad of 21 players, plus a Portuguese manager. Correct me if i'm wrong but even in Wenger's heyday I don't think we ever had a French connection of such a proportion.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Weird one for me if Milik joins. Tottenham needs a back up striker for when Kane needs a rest/is injured. They struggled without him when he was out injured last season.

I don't see Tottenham playing with both Kane and Milik in the starting line up so why would Milik want to join them? Money obviously. But to me that's a lack of ambition. Would be a very good option of the bench for them though.

I think there has been a slight change in top clubs thinking with the multiple competitions they are in, there seems to be this new need for 2 strong/competitive players in every position.

Pep seemed to have ushered it in with City and now you hear it from other managers, difference is City have the resources where as others dont.

Mourinho could possibly sell it to Milik, also some clubs are playing like 50-60 games a season, some players might be happy with 25-35 appearances.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

I think there has been a slight change in top clubs thinking with the multiple competitions they are in, there seems to be this new need for 2 strong/competitive players in every position.

Pep seemed to have ushered it in with City and now you hear it from other managers, difference is City have the resources where as others dont.

Mourinho could possibly sell it to Milik, also some clubs are playing like 50-60 games a season, some players might be happy with 25-35 appearances.

Fair enough. Imagine them not qualifying for Europa League though after signing Milik :lol: I mean, they will qualify surely but would be jokes if they didn't.

Dj_sds -

It is nothing new. Mourinho also said it when he joined chelsea for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom