• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Skin colour wise yeah, that's probably what they're thinking over there.

Pep Guardiola approves this message...

PastelEnchantingCreature-max-1mb.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

AMN will have to play RB and Cedric backup don't think we'll stick with 3-4-3 unless we failed to sign Aouar and Partey.

It takes a lot of work to change a formation mid season though.

I read Joey Barton’s book and apparently when Harry Redknapp signed Rio Ferdinand late in the window at QPR it completely ruined their pre-season.

Harry had been watching Holland and Chile doing well in the 2014 World Cup with a back five so decided to copy them. :lol:

As Rio was finished athletically Harry dumped the solid back four that got them promoted at the team couldn’t adapt to it.

Training all summer for a certain formation with players learning where to position themselves and where to run, you can’t just throw all that out the window on a whim.

If he does change I think it’ll take weeks of preparation if we’re looking at getting these two in October.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I read Joey Barton’s book and apparently when Harry Redknapp signed Rio Ferdinand late in the window at QPR it completely ruined their pre-season.

Harry had been watching Holland and Chile doing well in the 2014 World Cup with a back five so decided to copy them. :lol:

As Rio was finished athletically Harry dumped the solid back four that got them promoted at the team couldn’t adapt to it.

Training all summer for a certain formation with players learning where to position themselves and where to run, you can’t just throw all that out the window on a whim.

If he does change I think it’ll take weeks of preparation if we’re looking at getting these two in October.
Agree it's not simple i don't we'll quickly change i don't want us to stick with 343 i know its getting us result and make us solid but we creating like 10 chances or shot a game that not good also our midfield is still too weak

senna

Dunno man must depend on the players a bit, some teams change formatiosn throughout the match and doesnt seem to effect them much. But agree if its a fundamental change from a back 3 to a back 4 that could take a while if none of your players have played in back 3 before or you dont have full backs who can attack well enough to play wing back.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dunno man must depend on the players a bit, some teams change formatiosn throughout the match and doesnt seem to effect them much. But agree if its a fundamental change from a back 3 to a back 4 that could take a while if none of your players have played in back 3 before or you dont have full backs who can attack well enough to play wing back.

We have quite an intricate set up with AMN and KT that clearly Arteta has spent many hours on the training ground with them developing.

If we go to a back 4 I wonder what happens to the full backs seen as they’ll be starting all over again.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don’t like this because who are we going to end up with as RB?

If Arteta wants to stick with 5 atb and I think he does do we end up moving Tierney out of the LCB position where he’s been really effective?

Stick AMN RWB and Saka LWB.

Tierney, Saka and Auba all overloading that left side would be brilliant. We’d have a better attacking threat.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Very much agree. We rightly get a lot of praise for looking organized, comfortable when playing out from the back and with many clever ideas, such as AMN tucking. A change in formation could disrupt this a lot.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Stick AMN RWB and Saka LWB.

Tierney, Saka and Auba all overloading that left side would be brilliant. We’d have a better attacking threat.

Forgot about Saka tbf. Guess it could work I’m just really liking Tierney as a LCB and the whole system Arteta has set up.

Been years since we’ve looked so solid. Also I do like Bellerin and think he’s underrated on here.

If he’s sold I trust Arteta but it’s a shame nonetheless.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah I know the Guardiola stuff is tongue and cheek but I think we have to be careful about calling people racists nowadays, it's a really strong assertion to make and though Guardiola can be an asshole for other reasons (allowed himself to become a tool for the worst of the independentists), he's certainly not a racist, he's a meritocracy-ian who will pick the best player for the team regardless. I know it's fun to hate on our rivals but a little bit of respect needed, I think, for the best manager of this era (along with Klopp) who has significantly changed football for the better.

Tbh I think that's just Redknapp making an apology for his being a bad manager.

Teams switch formations all the time inside a season-- most relevant (for obvious reasons) perhaps would be City under Guardiola their first season, they caught form switching to a 4-3-3 later in the season with two out and out wingers (Sané on the left and Sterling on the right), after playing 3 at the back much of that season.

In the end Arteta's 3-4-3 is very fluid and a 4-3-3 going forward, so I can't agree here, I think the switch really can be done seamlessly, perhaps in England we've grown so accustomed to inept coaching that we forget that in the rest of Europe there is a decent level of coaching (as there now finally is in England, minus the few leftovers from the last era like Moyes, Mou, and Bruce) and that these kind of tactical changes within a season have been happening for a long time.

I just really hope Arteta is prepared to use Auba as a 9. Having him there flanked by Willian and Pepe/Saka with a midfield 3 in our best XI would really take us up a level. Thankfully there's even a parallel there with Pep's evolution at City, where he dropped Agüero at the beginning for a more workhorse type in Jesus, only to eventually come back to the superior striker in the end once the team was more complete and playing the way he wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom