• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I genuinely think Pep is a racist, for what it's worth.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still if Kola leave then AMN could end up staying don't think he'll accept being rotating player.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Mitch:
44d73e73010f07746124d4f6420b2cfbb3db960e.gif

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I genuinely think Pep is a racist, for what it's worth.
If you want to see something, you can convince yourself of it.

If you look at the actual evidence, he's just not.

Do you like Arteta? Also weird to think that Pep is a racist, Arteta being a great friend of his and his tutor, would then at the very least be a great admirer of a racist.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I know the Guardiola stuff is tongue and cheek but I think we have to be careful about calling people racists nowadays, it's a really strong assertion to make and though Guardiola can be an asshole for other reasons (allowed himself to become a tool for the worst of the independentists), he's certainly not a racist, he's a meritocracy-ian who will pick the best player for the team regardless. I know it's fun to hate on our rivals but a little bit of respect needed, I think, for the best manager of this era (along with Klopp) who has significantly changed football for the better.

Tbh I think that's just Redknapp making an apology for his being a bad manager.

Teams switch formations all the time inside a season-- most relevant (for obvious reasons) perhaps would be City under Guardiola their first season, they caught form switching to a 4-3-3 later in the season with two out and out wingers (Sané on the left and Sterling on the right), after playing 3 at the back much of that season.

In the end Arteta's 3-4-3 is very fluid and a 4-3-3 going forward, so I can't agree here, I think the switch really can be done seamlessly, perhaps in England we've grown so accustomed to inept coaching that we forget that in the rest of Europe there is a decent level of coaching (as there now finally is in England, minus the few leftovers from the last era like Moyes, Mou, and Bruce) and that these kind of tactical changes within a season have been happening for a long time.

I just really hope Arteta is prepared to use Auba as a 9. Having him there flanked by Willian and Pepe/Saka with a midfield 3 in our best XI would really take us up a level. Thankfully there's even a parallel there with Pep's evolution at City, where he dropped Agüero at the beginning for a more workhorse type in Jesus, only to eventually come back to the superior striker in the end once the team was more complete and playing the way he wanted it.

Yeah but it wasn’t Redknapp saying it. It’s in one of his players’ autobiographies.

I mean neither I nor you have been in a professional football dressing room so I think I’d defer to the actual pro in this case.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I’d defer to the actual pro in this case.

Actual pros say ridiculous and incorrect things all the time, and often don't have a clue. Look no further than Michael Owen, El Loco Gatti or a million other bad managers or former players who were bad managers and/or bad football analysts.

Like I said, we can think of numerous examples of teams switching formation during a season and being better for it. Because it backfired on Harry Redknapp under his poor management just makes it the exception really, not the rule.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It takes a lot of work to change a formation mid season though.

I read Joey Barton’s book and apparently when Harry Redknapp signed Rio Ferdinand late in the window at QPR it completely ruined their pre-season.

Harry had been watching Holland and Chile doing well in the 2014 World Cup with a back five so decided to copy them. :lol:

As Rio was finished athletically Harry dumped the solid back four that got them promoted at the team couldn’t adapt to it.

Training all summer for a certain formation with players learning where to position themselves and where to run, you can’t just throw all that out the window on a whim.

If he does change I think it’ll take weeks of preparation if we’re looking at getting these two in October.
Maybe it's easier change to a more defensive system than attacking one. Seems like Arteta going to a back four would be a positive move even though it make the team more vulnerable. Whereas Conte reverting from a back four to a three helped make them more solid and cover up for the weaknesses of people like Luiz and Cahill.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Seem Hector is going no where then. Sadly that open the opportunity for AMN to leave if someone came with 25-30M bif

Another season of not challenging for title again. Unless Arteta sees fit to drop him again like he did when we played sokratis or AMN and saw sense (Klopp subbing off of Ox against A.Madrid tatical like disaster droppin Sokratis in the return match against Olympiacos cost us the EL). Make or break season decision.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Actual pros say ridiculous and incorrect things all the time, and often don't have a clue. Look no further than Michael Owen, El Loco Gatti or a million other bad managers or former players who were bad managers and/or bad football analysts.

Like I said, we can think of numerous examples of teams switching formation during a season and being better for it. Because it backfired on Harry Redknapp under his poor management just makes it the exception really, not the rule.

I mean it’s a player saying something that specifically happened in his team. Don’t get how you can really dispute it unless you were there?

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Another season of not challenging for title again. Unless Arteta sees fit to drop him again loke he did when we played sokratis or AMN. Make or break season decision
So you think we'd challenge just by selling Bellerin?
Unreal:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom