• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We should sell Chambers if we get an offer that's decent

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Are people seriously still holding on to this? It was one game... six years ago :lol:
I agree with you, maybe not my most clever post but no one can claim that Chambers doesn`t struggle 1 vs 1. Time and time again we`ve see him struggle badly against quick and skilful players. He`s solid in the air and decent on the ball, one vs one he is poor.

Reactions: Jae

Iceman10

Established Member
Mods / Thread Owners, it is v. helpful when you update thread titles with the latest significant rumour and page it is on to know the reason for the thread bump (I see AG’s linked tweet on the prior page).

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Mods / Thread Owners, it is v. helpful when you update thread titles with the latest significant rumour and page it is on to know the reason for the thread bump (I see AG’s linked tweet on the prior page).

@OnlyOne and I already had this discussion with @American_Gooner. Since then I have seen it implemented on some threads. However American Gooner did say because of character limits on thread titles it isn't always possible, in that case they have to make a choice between putting all the relevant info or leave some of it out to accomodate the page number instead.

Kav

Established Member
We should keep Callum if we sell AMN. Otherwise between him, holding, Sokratis and Mustafi, 3 of them need to go. We are overloaded with CB’s.

Stannis

Please sell

I like the guy but I don’t think think there is anything to gain by keeping him here.

looks like arteta likes his centre backs to be big and mean, which chambers isn’t. Despite his quality on the ball I don’t see him playing much.

Saliba, Luiz, Gabriel, Mari and Holding should be our cbs going forward

plus we have the likes of medley, Ballard and Mcguinnes coming through

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
1. Arsenal fans tend to overvalue our players, even average to decent ones.
2. The current climate for selling isn't great due to Covid-19.
3. Calum's coming off the back of a very serious injury, it's possible he won't ever be the player he was / take a long time to recover form. Anyone buying him is taking a risk

Given those 3 factors, I'd be fine with £10m or above.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

1 .Arsenal fans tend to overvalue our players, even average to decent ones.
2. The current climate for selling isn't great due to Covid-19.
3. Calum's coming off the back of a very serious injury, it's possible he won't ever be the player he was / take a long time to recover form. Anyone buying him is taking a risk

Given those 3 factors, I'd be fine with £10m or above.

Plus he has always been injury-prone. He was great before the injury, but I guess it's time to move on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well one of him or holding has to leave. Seem Chambers the most likely we can't have 8 cb at club after the transfer window shut.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If he was fit I don`t think we would have any trouble getting at least 10M for Chambers even in this market. His injury will worry clubs, he will be back in full training in October it seems but it will probanly be Christmas before he is at his best level.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
10m is a joke. Would probably be better to loan him. 6 to 10 teams in the league could probably find room. Palace and Fulham being 2 making it a quick and easy loan to wrap up. A couple of million for the loan and the loan club to take on his wages.

Chambers is a 15 - 25m player in a normal market.

Top Bottom