• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 651,901
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

If they're not careful, this whole contract debacle might overshadow their season.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Jota is a great signing for them.. Really impressed me whenever I've seen him play. Liverpool suddenly having one of the best summer windows, really needed to strengthen the team, that bench was weak.

Reactions: A_G

say yes

forum master baiter
Is Jota really something that special?
Not a superstar, but I think he’s great. More than that though: he’s PL proven and (I think) suits Liverpool’s system perfectly. He’s creative, very hard-working and capable of playing in a midfield three or out wide. And they’ll inevitably get him at a great price too.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Jota is a great signing for them.. Really impressed me whenever I've seen him play. Liverpool suddenly having one of the best summer windows, really needed to strengthen the team, that bench was weak.

His first season was pretty good points wise for an attacking player.

Last season 7+1=8 in 2298 minutes = a point per 287 minutes.

For comparison, Pepe's first season was 5+6=11 in 2012 minutes = a point per 183 minutes.

A point per 287 minutes in 2nd season looks really bad no matter how he contributes otherwise.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Thiago desperately wanted to join liverpool and work with klopp other teams got zero chance also we targeting Aouar.
So what exactly makes you think Thiago wants Arsenal over Liverpool currently? He just won UCL.

We have zero chance of such players now unless they're 110% Arsenal fans and/or we pay huge wages for them.

Next people wonder why didn't we go for Alaba when he goes to some top 5 club in the world.
Don't take this as opposition fan being a ****. He's coming to win the League. That way he would have won a title in all 3 major leagues.

Arsenal are improving but he's not going to go from where he is now to the Europa League or something that's a project.
Why would Thiago leave Bayern for a bum club like Arsenal?

You all make good points, however... You don't know Thiago. He has won all the club trophies there are to win and won them at 2 legendary clubs, however he has failed to reach legendary status at either club. He is not revered by either set of fans, as far as I know, because both clubs were already there when he joined.

He might have relished a challenge. He might have craved a statue (which I'm sure Arsenal would have been happy to give him if he lifted us to a trophy). He might have bought into Arteta's dream. You never know, and now we never will.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You all make good points, however... You don't know Thiago. He has won all the club trophies there are to win and won them at 2 legendary clubs, however he has failed to reach legendary status at either club. He is not revered by either set of fans, as far as I know, because both clubs were already there when he joined.

He might have relished a challenge. He might have craved a statue (which I'm sure Arsenal would have been happy to give him if he lifted us to a trophy). He might have bought into Arteta's dream. You never know, and now we never will.

Fair enough, but I'd give odds of 1-2 % to that possibility.

Klopp is a great manager, Pool will very likely be top 2 (so trophy potential is great) and they have won UCL in recent years.

Arsenal is in UEL, 3 times in a row.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't really like the implication that winning one trophy here is enough for a statue, we're The Arsenal ffs!

The only three players who have statues here are Henry, Adams and Bergkamp...it would take some going by Thiago to match some of our players who DON'T have statues, nevermind the ones that do :lol:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
makes no sense for us.

Just as a midfielder, but would be a huge risk, after he played his full life in defense at club football. Just played in midfield for Austria.
Can play LCB/LB/LWB. With the system we're running, he'd fit in perfectly. Of course that wouldn't be good for Tierney but we could move AMN to the right. Great depth.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Can play LCB/LB/LWB. With the system we're running, he'd fit in perfectly. Of course that wouldn't be good for Tierney but we could move AMN to the right. Great depth.

Of course he would fit in the system, he would be perfect for the Tierney position.

But he is playing the position fantastic and it makes no sense for us, to invest money in this position if our midfield looks like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom