• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Probably the worst argument of all time. Ronaldo has played over 600 more top flight games than Haaland, would you take Ronaldo due to that reason? Absolutely not.

Eh? But Puig isn't near Haaland level, or near Aouar. His point is absolutely valid.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Probably the worst argument of all time. Ronaldo has played over 600 more top flight games than Haaland, would you take Ronaldo due to that reason? Absolutely not.

I don't even know where to begin with that.

Let's be generous and assume Puig and Aouar are equally talented players with similar styles of play, the fact that Aouar has over 100 more senior appearances is still significant.

In those three full seasons Aouar has gained experience of victories and defeats, of what to do in various situations and how to deal emotionally with competitive football, of different tactical formations, of knockout European football, not to mention his body has been conditioned to compete against senior opponents. Puig has all of that development still in front of him.

And yeah Ronaldo has played more games than Haaland, he's also 15 years older than Haaland. Aouar is one year older than Puig. So I have no idea what point you're trying to make there.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Let's be generous and assume Puig and Aouar are equally talented players with similar styles of play, the fact that Aouar has over 100 more senior appearances is still significant.

In those three full seasons Aouar has gained experience of victories and defeats, of what to do in various situations and how to deal emotionally with competitive football, of different tactical formations, of knockout European football, not to mention his body has been conditioned to compete against senior opponents. Puig has all of that development still in front of him.

And yeah Ronaldo has played more games than Haaland, he's also 15 years older than Haaland. Aouar is one year older than Puig. So I have no idea what point you're trying to make there.

Yeah, I personally think @HairSprayGooners is often subject of too many attacks on here and he's also making sense at times, but that's just shocking argumentation here, has to be said :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Whilst I agree Aouar is currently further along in his development it means absolutely naff all. Aouar could come to the PL and flop, Puig could come to the league and excel.

I believe both have a world class level ceiling, hence why I said Puig is a great alternative. Would also allow us to definitely get Partey due to many reasons.

I just.. I.. umm.. What. The.. :rofl:

I'm not even gonna bother to continue this. Dashnow17 said enough.

Breezy

Think he’ll join a subtop Spanish side. Clubs like Valencia or Betis would be a good move at this stage of his career.

Breezy

There is an even better midfield talent coming through at La Masia though tbf. Pablo Gavi. The new Iniesta. Proper baller.

KenyanGoon

All of these arguments are not really necessary. Fabregas was in that arsenal team at 16 years old! And that was a very strong squad in a very physical league. If you are good enough you are old enough.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think he’ll join a subtop Spanish side. Clubs like Valencia or Betis would be a good move at this stage of his career.

Yeah I can see this, he’s way too skinny for the PL.

He’s Messi height but 15kg lighter. Think he’ll struggle because if he piles on the weight there’s no guarantee how that’ll change his game.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Have we even been linked with Puig? It definitely looks like he's off though.

I know he was / is pretty highly rated and talent can overcome a lot, but man, he looks physically frail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom