• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 83 93.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • West Ham win

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Games like this is are why I’m sad Pepe doesn’t get much starts. He’s a high risk player who is capable of making something happen- with Federicks on a yellow we need to provoke him into challenges.

He wouldn't have done anything. We're unable to put any sort of pressure on West Ham, never mind free Pepe up to run at players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The space was there for Willian/Saka between the lines, Xhaka and Ceballos just couldn't find them. The goal came from one of the only times we got the ball to Saka quickly.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos should be benched once we sign Partey and Aouar. Him and Xhaka are okay against top teams when we sit deep, but too slow when we need to progress the ball quickly. Far too ponderous.
Ceballos should be returned to sender.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The commentator not shutting up about the Yanited handball penalty, demanding West Ham got one in that half was funny/annoying :lol:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Pepe on, we need a disruptor because our midfield is moving the ball to slowly. Ceballos has been crap and xhaka only marginally better...would love to see el neny on.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Midfield taking too many touches and doing nothing with it. Saka is on the half turn between the lines so often, they don't have the balls to play the pass. Doesn't help that Kola just passes to Gabriel even when Xhaka is on.

Kola is essentially only good when he’s overlapping. Otherwise may as well not pass it to him at all. It’ll come straight back.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

A lot of our players have misplaced passes. Saka, Willian, Holding and Bellerin to add to the ones above. Not that the two latter is a surprise there. Out of the four I was really unhappy Saka in the beginning but think he came back and had an ok half

Gooner_girl14

Just when we started to look more comfortable, we concede. They burst through far too easily, our midfield has been absent most of the game and got found out there. Holding should have been stronger (but Antonio is a big unit) and Sead was too slow to try to block the pass. Considering what happened earlier in Palace vs United, we were maybe fortunate not to get a penalty against us for Gabriel's 'hand ball'.
Think Arteta needs to make some changes sooner rather than later, we look a bit lost and uninspired.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Games like this is are why I’m sad Pepe doesn’t get much starts. He’s a high risk player who is capable of making something happen- with Federicks on a yellow we need to provoke him into challenges.

Yeah but I think it’s either him or Lacazette as Aubameyang and Willian are too important.

Laca is in good form so fair he gets the nod.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Expecting us to look much better this half.. West ham are really poor so we just need to turn up to finish this

gstew

I thought everyone did their job on WHU goal except Xhaka. He has to run harder and close the ball down earlier. He put everyone under pressure. Very frustrating to see him running at a fast jog. If he does his job then Kola doesn't need to play both ball and runner. He would have blocked the cross or made the angle impossible in that case.

That being said, the West Ham players created an excellent team goal with a really difficult finish.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

We can easily accommodate Saka (LW), Pepe (RW), Willian (CAM) and Auba (CF). All dynamic, inventive, skilful and hardworking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom