• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 83 93.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • West Ham win

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBoy19

Important 3 points, these kind of points are needed for top 4. Dont want to see Kola anywhere near starting lineup in future. Passing was extremely poor by almost everyone, and we were very slow on the ball. Credit to West ham who were moving the ball faster and very direct.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We've got to stop with that 343 system, I'd really much prefer trying the 433 a few times see how that goes. We were absolutely appaling, I've got to be honest we didn't deserve to win that but I'll take the 3 points anytime, thats how the top teams win, those games they'll find a way to win that & we got the win, thats all that matters. Under Emery & possibly even under Wengers final year we probably would have drawn or even lost that game.

Makavelii

Ceballos had an incredible game and was really the difference that got us 3 points.
Xhaka and Saka okay too. The rest were woeful.

It's interesting that people are blaming our CM's for the poor performance when they were clearly some of the best of a bad bunch. Their team mates weren't giving them the movement they needed.
I think it's just people pushing their agenda for the transfers they want.

Agree that it's odd playing this formation against West Ham at home. We've had good results with it so far so I understand sticking with it. But if we can get a quality #10 then I think we should switch to 433 against lesser sides.
Save 343 for the top sides like City and Liverpool only.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Terrible match. So many stray passes and poor decisions. We've got to play a lot better than this to get top 4. There's only so many times you can get away with winning ugly. They had twice as many shots and we were lucky not have a penalty against us, like Lindelof @Jury. :lol:

We have one of the best managers in the league but not enough good players.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Watching highlights of United & their loss to CP (great!) at least they weren't afraid to take a few shots on from anywhere including outside the box. We always seem to just want to score fancy goals by going a pass or 2 far. Why can't we take shots on from the edge of the box a bit more? WH even took more shots then us today, its a bit frustrating seeing that all the time.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
One player that really stood out to me last night in a negative way was Bellerin.

I know he's still working his way back from a major injury and his pace may have gone but he seems to have lost every physical attributes he had. He's so timid and weak at the moment. He's a passenger.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Terrible match. So many stray passes and poor decisions. We've got to play a lot better than this to get top 4. There's only so many times you can get away with winning ugly. They had twice as many shots and we were lucky not have a penalty against us, like Lindelof @Jury. :lol:

We have one of the best managers in the league but not enough good players.
Such a strange post.,. It’s almost as if an agenda is trying to poke its soft brown head out of it :lol:

Kysus

Thought ceballos was really erratic especially at the start of the game which made it impossible to get any kind of rhythm going. He needs to chill a bit when making a mistake, tries too hard to make up for mistakes and forces things too much(which results in giving the ball away and/or opening holes by his positioning)
Has real quality though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

The questions we should be asking are why were we so poor on the ball and why did the majority of the team keep misplacing simple passes?

Is it the late kick off? Is the team feeling sleepy etc.

:lol:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That was a poor performance. Never controlled the game, played at breakneck speed on both sides, which suited them not us, and lucky to get the 3 points.

Thumping header from Laca but I still believe we should have carried the game to them by starting with Auba, Saka and Pepe. Everyone at fault for the goal from Kola, to Holding to Leno.

Delighted Eddie scored the winner, hope that helps to boost his confidence and make him take-off big time. AMN should be playing ahead of Hector - he suddenly looks like a veteran, body older than his years. Maybe it is the veganism.

Even Arteta had an off day. Though the last substitution won us the game, he was slow in reacting to what was happening on the pitch and he never really altered the pattern.

Still, 6 points on the board after two games. I'll take that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Such a strange post.,. It’s almost as if an agenda is trying to poke its soft brown head out of it :lol:
This is what happens when you have so many of your own agendas. You're scouring AM like the witch finder general looking for the mark of satan in every village. :lol:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
3-4-3 will never ever be a formation which will give you the oppertunity to dominate in the middle of the park if you play against a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Hopefully we move on from 3-4-3 and give us some more stability in the middle in a 4-2-3-1.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I’m the Van Helsing of AM.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom