• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

We have bloated our squad with players like Elneny, Torreira, Sokratis, Cedric, Kolasinac, Mari, and soon Rúnarsson...

It's not a high standard IMO and I'm not sure I agree you build a top4 squad with signings like that. Our transfer strategy has been all over the place in recent years.

WhatAFC

United badly need a CB and CDM. But it doesnt matter who they get. They've spent 250M under Ole and there's absolutely no change no matter who the personel.

J hope he stays a long time because the manager is whack.
What are you talking about :facepalm:
They were the form team in the entire league from the restart. Played some brilliant football.
Ole got them top 4, the work he’s done on that squad has been brilliant, it was an utter mess.
Badly need a cb & cdm? They were a couple of goals off of the best defence in the league last season. They need a LB, RW & possibly a ST (none out there that fit the profile of player they currently sign).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The worrying thing is we had the most ground to make up and excluding Utd we've had the worst transfer business so far.

We've brought in a starting CB, 2 back up defenders and a proven forward on a free. We've also tied down our biggest prospect in Saka and our club captain.

How us our window worse than United's?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You did as well.

Not convinced City have had a great window. I think ours is better. City have bought in a back up cb and back up winger whilst losing arguably their greatest ever player as well as one of the world's best wingers.

I'd say we've a worse transfer window because they're going to be competing for the title and CL with the team even before they signed Ake. They had a lot of changes to implement last year along with some bad injuries but they've Ake in now which was a really bad spot for them last year and I assume he'll be first choice.

Dont get me wrong they could still improve and its a relatively poor window for them but we finished way behind the pack and all the teams above us have looked to improve, and we desperately need to close the distance. It feels like they've built a house and are looking to get a bigger tv whereas we need to still put in a roof and have the umbrellas out.

zilfy

The worrying thing is we had the most ground to make up and excluding Utd we've had the worst transfer business so far.
And it wouldn't be surprising to see Utd doing a madness in these last two weeks. They have so much money and now so much pressure on them- something will give.
Whereas Arsenal fans almost expect us to go half-assed in the transfer market so there's less pressure.

Then again it kind of felt all doom and gloom near the end of last window and then BOOM! 72 mil on Pepe!
In hindsight may not have been the best move (time will hopefully tell a different story), but the point is we are still a rich club, and there's still a chance we act like one in the next two weeks

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we convince someone to buy Bellerin then we've won this transfer window handsdown.

Last edited:

Bfg04

So now Sp**s in talk with Weghorst and ManUtd with Telles. Seems to make us a candidate for the last spot if we're not starting getting things done. A bit of Icelandic magic might not be enough. Everton, Leicester and Wolves looked decent either.

GunnerShy

We have bloated our squad with players like Elneny, Torreira, Sokratis, Cedric, Kolasinac, Mari, and soon Rúnarsson...

It's not a high standard IMO and I'm not sure I agree you build a top4 squad with signings like that. Our transfer strategy has been all over the place in recent years.
Elneny, Sokratis, Torreira, Kolasinac, Özil, Mustafi will all be gone in the next 24 months one way or another. The more we can shift this window the better.

We will get 1 but at best two midfielders in. It does go to show just how awful squad planning has been for a while now. We would be in an even worse position if our Academy wasn't producing good young talent that can pack out the squad or be sold. Plus seemingly striking gold with Martinelli.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

So now Sp**s in talk with Weghorst and ManUtd with Telles. Seems to make us a candidate for the last spot if we're not starting getting things done. A bit of Icelandic magic might not be enough. Everton, Leicester and Wolves looked decent either.

You're definitely not last spot.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just checking squad numbers
Arsenal 32 players
Sp**s 29 players
Chelsea 34 players
Utd 30 players
Man city 30 players
Liverpool 31 players

I really have no idea when teams will start sell players but i guess it'll start in few days

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Even teams like Everton who got no European football have 31 players. Crazy stuff

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think teams will keep larger squads this season due to the fixture congestion and potential coronavirus cases throughout the season.

We are the only team that I've noticed are consistently trying to get rid of the deadwood.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think teams will keep larger squads this season due to the fixture congestion and potential coronavirus cases throughout the season.

We are the only team that I've noticed are consistently trying to get rid of the deadwood.
But the fixtures this season is normal a game every 6-7 days unless there European football or cup game in between.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Just checking squad numbers
Arsenal 32 players
Sp**s 29 players
Chelsea 34 players
Utd 30 players
Man city 30 players
Liverpool 31 players

I really have no idea when teams will start sell players but i guess it'll start in few days

I think many of these teams are trying but struggling to offload.

For instance, we still have Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Lingard, Pereira, Mata and Fosu-Mensah...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom