• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My criticism is structured and well put. I have made very long and detailed posts about why I don't like a certain player or why I think he is failing.

Like with Leno for example I was saying things a year ago that people are starting to realising now and finally admit instead to sticking to their favoritism. Same thing about Laca and Pepe, etc.

Don't listen to em bro, we were in the trenches long before these guys arrived. We in the upper echelon of posting on this forum.

Wanting the best for your club is now a crime it seems. If you don't bury your head in the sand and pretend everything's ok you get personal insults. What's happened to this forum?

Don't listen to em bro, we were in the trenches long before these guys arrived. We in the upper echelon of posting on this forum.

Wanting the best for your club is now a crime it seems. If you don't bury your head in the sand and pretend everything's ok you get personal insults. What's happened to this forum?

Top 10 in posts and likes. Top 5 if you take out the mods who I think fixed their numbers. Zero respect from newbies though just because I call a spade a spade.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Gossip girls gossipping and pretending they want the best for the club, while their actions speak louder than words.

CanadianGooner1608

Emi was great for us when called upon, and helped us to two trophies (Community Shield is a trophy if you win it). For that, I'm grateful, and was genuinely sad to see him go, as I believe him staying would have pushed both him and Leno to get even better.

Leno was incredible for us pre-injury, saved us from slipping further down the table and was arguably a player of the season candidate.

I'm more than happy to have Leno in goal, and I refuse to spend my season comparing him to Emi. Both did great, I'll cheer Emi on at Villa to get his Argentine n°1 dream.

What's done is done. Comparing the two at every turn serves no purpose. They were both great, and they both deserve to start and play.

drippin

:lol:

Never seen such a sauceless poster. He's the Emery of this forum.

Great to see you guys riled up, confirms I'm doing things right.
Emi was great for us when called upon, and helped us to two trophies (Community Shield is a trophy if you win it). For that, I'm grateful, and was genuinely sad to see him go, as I believe him staying would have pushed both him and Leno to get even better.

Leno was incredible for us pre-injury, saved us from slipping further down the table and was arguably a player of the season candidate.

I'm more than happy to have Leno in goal, and I refuse to spend my season comparing him to Emi. Both did great, I'll cheer Emi on at Villa to get his Argentine n°1 dream.

What's done is done. Comparing the two at every turn serves no purpose. They were both great, and they both deserve to start and play.

Well said. As long as people can't accept Emi's decision and keep this gossip up, it will only hurt the club. Emi would not want that surely.

Nothing to gain from it, so those who continue it in face of clear evidence can be questioned on their motives.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yet, Emi started charity shield and there is no way to know if he would or wouldn't have kept his place.

Just accept Emi did what was best for his career and went to a club where he would be uncontested - you guys are making up stuff now when there are actual quotes and proof.
There are quotes and proof of what I've said in Martinez's interviews with the Argentinian press which I why I linked them.

It's a question of who you believe, not of one indisputable truth. And Arteta's language is careful to be open to interpretation whereas Martinez seems to be quite clear about what he says. Either of them (or both) could be lying.

drippin

There are quotes and proof of what I've said in Martinez's interviews with the Argentinian press which I why I linked them.

It's a question of who you believe, not of one indisputable truth. And Arteta's language is careful to be open to interpretation whereas Martinez seems to be quite clear about what he says. Either of them (or both) could be lying.

Could you give us the exact quotes from Martinez and translation so we don't have just hearsay.

I don't like that two posters already have suggested our manager is a liar.

shoot for the top

I don't understand why is it so hard for some posters to see. Leno is CLEARLY lacking in commanding the area, which is one of the most important aspects of a top goalkeeper. Neuer for example is one of those keepers. Even Leno himself said the presence of a gk is important. "Manu just has something special. He's always made his presence known in the big games." Emi has presence, Leno doesn't have it. We sold the wrong gk.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Arsenal mania is one of the only few places where hearing it directly from all parties involved doesn't matter.

Agendas just stick whatever the weather is. It's gonna be a long season for Emi fans.
Its "acolytes" now ... do keep up

Pop Tart

Established Member
Leno has been good for us but this is third season with us and he could not get into Europa league final . EMI was his real chance of competition. All other places has this but Gk people seem not to mind. Yes emi has been loaned out and we were lucky to get.5 mill before hand to some. We have been to hasty, let emi who has been better albeit in smaller games with no crowd continue. Leno a good shot stopper is suspect in other areas. Only been a number 1 for 2 seasons. Not 10 years as some of you make out. EMI took us all by surprise. It's a done deal but could see no harm keeping EMI for 1 more year. Part of a winning back line ffs.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Though he does flounder on the line & gives me headaches at some points during each game, when he's focused he's fantastic.

Also, even at his worst, he'd never pull a Kepa.

Love that Chelsea are saddled with that clown :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

EidNRdFXcAIyzn9

Meanwhile Emi out there doing a madness, like him much more than floppy Leno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom