• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Whats the point in being a financially healthy and responsible club for all these years if it doesnt mean we can overcome this crisis and spend more in the transfer window than relegation fodder clubs?

Well, I know what the point is; putting money in the bank of our scumbag good for nothing owner. Still, it should mean we can at least spend money on one top class midfielder like Partey or Aouar. Right? :(

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I actually despise Tim Payton :lol::lol:

What he's written above is based on assumptions as he's said multiple times in the article itself. He doesn't know what's happening, in fact he knows as much as you and I. Proper tool.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Lamptey looks electric. there are a lot of good young players just waiting to break through. Most wont make it but if you can identity the ones that will you will be onto something.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People need to start being sensible, we're not spending £100m on two players while this Covid-19 situation is going on. Its' just not realistic.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People need to start being sensible, we're not spending £100m on two players while this situation Covid-19 situation is going on. Its' just not realistic.

I absolutely agree with you, but there's way more factors in play here.

• Partey and Aouar would go very far to securing top 4 for us. Champions league football will boost our commercial power and revenue streams in a huge way.
  • Uefa and the PL have already said losses will be scratched this year.
  • Whilst it may not seem like it now, Arsenal are in an excellent position in terms of "deadwood". In the next 9 months, including the rest of this window, you'll see £50M a year leaving the wage bill.
  • You then have fees we could still potentially get this window. Could be anywhere between 25-50M.
  • The refinancing of the loan from Kroenke doesn't indicate anything, our finances are blocked off from public viewing so nobody really knows what that will help with. What we do know is £36M cash is now available to put back into the club how we wish.
In short, making CL football, transfer fees this window and wages off the books over the next 9 months equate to around £120-150M.

I'm quite sure the full fee wasn't paid up front for Gabriel and it'll be the same for Aouar. With the relevant sales we are likely to still break even this summer even if we get Partey and Aouar.

That's just my take on it, Arteta has said multiple times our business is dependant on who leaves.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I cant say i would be happy if Willian, Saliba, Gabriel and Runar would be our only incomings, but i would not be devastated. It is quite a solid window.

mpower2540

Lamptey looks electric. there are a lot of good young players just waiting to break through. Most wont make it but if you can identity the ones that will you will be onto something.
Really excited by him, absolutely burnt Jamal Lewis in the game for pace and he is far from slow! Luke Shaw already ****ting himself for Saturday, Lamptey could terrorise him!!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm still quite confident at least 1 of Partey/Aouar come in. If we get fee's for Chambers/Kolasinac/Mustafi and Sokratis/Torreira go we should get both.

I find it hard to believe Arsenal can't spend 50m net, even in the this window.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm still quite confident at least 1 of Partey/Aouar come in. If we get fee's for Chambers/Kolasinac/Mustafi and Sokratis/Torreira go we should get both.

I find it hard to believe Arsenal can't spend 50m net this window, even in the this window.

If we were to get rid of the players you mentioned and bought Partey we'd be on a net spend of 0. And considering Aouar can be done in instalments I don't think there's any argument that we can't get the business we want to do done.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can't go into this season with this midfield we almost fixed everything we can't do wenger mistakes and leave 2 important positions short in quality it'll be just disaster waiting to happen.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We can't go into this season with this midfield we almost fixed everything we can't do wenger mistakes and leave 2 important positions short in quality it'll be just disaster waiting to happen.

No matter what the situation we'll sign one midfielder. Anything less would be pretty disgraceful.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If only that whole crisis would've come a year later, we'd have fixed all essential pieces now.

It's really a freakin bad time to have this happen. Sincerely feel like we are only A&P away from challenging for the title over time

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No in need for another winger but I'm open for this CHO is talented but hyped and his wages over 100k because Chelsea panicked after Munich interest

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't wait for this window to end tbh. It's so tedious waiting for other clubs to buy the deadwood before we can move for our targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom