• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,817
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Very decent move from all parties if this comes to fruition, i think he will do well in Serie A as he did in Sampdoria.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Mustafi wouldn't play 142 games for this club if he would be a bad defender. Especially playing for three different coaches, signing a lot of CBs and all the time he was still in the first 11 or close to the first 11, because he was better than the others.

At the end it's similar with a goalkeeper. You don't remember the saves, you remember the mistakes. Nobody will talk about all solid or good games from Mustafi for Arsenal, because that's what we expect from him.

He is not fault for his fee, if he would be a 15m signing, the most would probably say it was a solid signing for this money. So he had some errors to much for a signing in this category.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi had impressed me under Arteta and I thoroughly believed if we had set up the team in a different fashion earlier, we would eliminate or cover more of his timely mistakes. Ultimately, he was the wrong signing for the profile and price, but he's a good professional and person. Definitely seen much worse in his position at the Arsenal over time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Came to think about it. Have arsenal ever sold a footballer you would be extremely happy just get rid off? For me don't think soo?
Iwobi, Walcott, Ox, Lucas Perez. The no fee players would be Welbeck, Ramsey and Wilshere. I dont miss any of them although I have a soft spot for Ramsey now.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Mustafi wouldn't play 142 games for this club if he would be a bad defender. Especially playing for three different coaches, signing a lot of CBs and all the time he was still in the first 11 or close to the first 11, because he was better than the others.

At the end it's similar with a goalkeeper. You don't remember the saves, you remember the mistakes. Nobody will talk about all solid or good games from Mustafi for Arsenal, because that's what we expect from him.

He is not fault for his fee, if he would be a 15m signing, the most would probably say it was a solid signing for this money. So he had some errors to much for a signing in this category.
Was never a bad defender. Just suffered from severe confidence issues and you could tell. There was a time you could see how nervous he got the moment the ball came to him.

Whatever Arteta did, whether get him a psychologist etc got him back to a good level. He needs a new start somewhere else.

Kysus

One of the worst signings in Arsenal history, so glad he's going. The best move the this transfer window.
Unacceptable comment considering we signed Torreira for a big fee.
Mustafi has character, he is a fighter. ****ed up but continued to fight and often played his best after ****ing up.
When not brainfarting he can be a beast.

Don't get me started on Torreira in comparison.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi has character, he is a fighter. ****ed up but continued to fight and often played his best after ****ing up.

Arsenal Mania has actually become brilliant lately.

We’ve reached the point in which we’ve started comparing trash with trash. Can I throw Lacazette into the mixer?

#Bums

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Torreira is worse I admit.

Kav

Established Member
Mustafi has to be fair moments of genuine class unfortunately he also has moments of inexplicable bad mistakes.

In fact I rue our transfers in 2016 that summer we got Xhaka and Mustafi and between I can’t even count the amount of mistakes. I will be happy when both leave but I will also with them well.

Mustafi tried hard. He just needs to cut out the mistakes and he would have been a good defender.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Tbf I think Mustafi was better than he looked for us. He was just unlucky that every single error he made was enormous, I dont think he ever had a lucky break. All big errors and a high percentage lead to a goal, often a winning goal. Good luck to him, he took it on the chin and never bad mouthed the fans or the club.

Tbf I think Mustafi was better than he looked for us. He was just unlucky that every single error he made was enormous, I dont think he ever had a lucky break. All big errors and a high percentage lead to a goal, often a winning goal. Good luck to him, he took it on the chin and never bad mouthed the fans or the club.

A lot of luck there in your post. Is it fair to say you believe a lot in luck and we need more lucky defenders?

say yes

forum master baiter
How is consistently making enormous errors unlucky? :rofl:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tbf I think Mustafi was better than he looked for us. He was just unlucky that every single error he made was enormous, I dont think he ever had a lucky break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom