• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why wont we play him on the left? I know he has a good left foot when he cuts inside but we're playing him out wide and he doesn't trust his right foot. So why not play him on the left and play Auba central?

A very good shout to be fair

scytheavatar

Established Member
Hopefully turns things around, because everyday it upsets me that we missed the chance of signing Zaha and that Zaha also missed his chance to sign for a top club.

Zaha would’ve made an instant impact for us.

Terrible decision for the club if Pepe doesn’t step up this season.

I am more upset that we missed the chance to sign Partey who would have made a far bigger impact....... I have been saying, we can have a CRonaldo/Mbappe/Messi front 3 and they will still disappoint if they need to rely on Xhaka getting the ball to them.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why wont we play him on the left? I know he has a good left foot when he cuts inside but we're playing him out wide and he doesn't trust his right foot. So why not play him on the left and play Auba central?

Pepe's either game is about cutting in and shoot....... why would you want to put him on the left? He's not a crosser of the ball.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So I went back and read his thread from last season and people were celebrating signing a 72m million winger for no other reason than he was 72m.

I think it's time for football fans to stop treating transfers like they're trophies, people get really tribal about it. I heard them discussing this in the Arsecast this week and I agree with gunnerblog.

Remember how fans were celebrating in the street because we signed Özil?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

So I went back and read his thread from last season and people were celebrating signing a 72m million winger for no other reason than he was 72m.

I think it's time for football fans to stop treating transfers like they're trophies, people get really tribal about it. I heard them discussing this in the Arsecast this week and I agree with gunnerblog.

Remember how fans were celebrating in the street because we signed Özil?

It wasn't because he was 72M, it was because he had an absolutely unreal season before joining and was absolutely what we needed in terms of bringing in goals and assists, pace and directness.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Pepe's either game is about cutting in and shoot....... why would you want to put him on the left? He's not a crosser of the ball.
He's not a crosser of the ball yet that's basically how he's being played now except he has to use his weaker foor to try and cross. So why not play him on the left where he would be able to put in crosses with his better foot? When was the last time you saw him try and cut in? He's always near the line with Bellerin running inside.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can we change the thread title back to whatever it was previously or a new one...this current one is absolutely terrible.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His dribbling is too high risk. He either beats a player or loses it. When you compare it with zaha. He'll try to beat a player of he can't he won't lose it and play it back instead. There are subtle differences and Pepe needs to learn it. My only concern is that it seems when he dribbles he doesn't know where the ball will go next which is part of the problem.
That's a perfect description of his dribbling. I'm not absolving Bellerin of responsibility for our disjointed right side, but Pepe's dribbling failure surely forces the RB to sit deep. It's too risky to overlap when the ball might never reach you. Pepe is hardly busting a gut to win the ball back when he loses it either. I think the coaches need to rip up his game and start him again.

BigPoppaPump

This has to be the worst thread title ever, whoever changed it should be stripped of their mod status immediately.

It wasn't because he was 72M, it was because he had an absolutely unreal season before joining and was absolutely what we needed in terms of bringing in goals and assists, pace and directness.

FAKE NEWS!!! @BigPoppaPump actually went back and read his old thread where you guys are all championing a 72 M signing like it will fix everything even if we skipped that season fixing our glaring issues in central defense. He also noticed I was constantly getting attacked for putting a few questions marks about this signing and constantly getting told to shut up or I would get banned for 4 weeks.

EDIT: Ok that with a ban for 4 weeks is a complete lie from me but everything else is true.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

FAKE NEWS!!! @BigPoppaPump actually went back and read his old thread where you guys are all championing a 72 M signing like it will fix everything even if we skipped that season fixing our glaring issues in central defense. He also noticed I was constantly getting attacked for putting a few questions marks about this signing and constantly getting told to shut up or I would get banned for 4 weeks.

EDIT: Ok that with a ban for 4 weeks is a complete lie from me but everything else is true.

I'm not going to read whatever this is Hydro.

Anyway, if that Willian move from Arteta doesn't work out I don't think Pepe will make it here as a star player. We will know more as the season progress. I will try to remain positive as I did last season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd bet none of you heard of him before we were in for the transfer.
I remember watching a video of him in Jan with a United supporting mate and he really didn’t want us to sign him. This was when we were just one team making up a list of like eight teams so nobody thought anything of it and then out of nowhere we signed him in summer.

He was making waves as he was the best player in Ligue 1 not called Mbappe (Neymar was injured).

Some of us watch football.

BigPoppaPump

I can vouch for all of this as the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom