• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,896

Manberg

Predator
My opinion on the youth coaching set up is a general one, not based on specific games, but of watching highlights and results over the years. Despite fielding very talented youngsters, there's often a lack of pattern to our play. I want to ensure that we're getting the best out of the young players by developing them to their fullest but I don't think we are.

Jellon Lamb

Long time lurker, first time posting in the Academy forum. Really appreciate the conversation and the content. It’s nice to come here after spending a few too many minutes in the Transfer Forum.

Was curious if there are any sites other than Jeorge Bird’s blog + his occasional Arseblog posts where I can read a little more about the Academy Kids? I saw the link in Gunners Town that was posted a couple pages back + this board is great. Just wondering if there’s any other sites/resources any of you could recommend?

oh to be a goon

I noticed Ben Cottrell in warm up/training, and Flores and Hutchinson called up for a practice match. They then stayed and watched the striker training.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Matt Smith with a great assist for Swindon. Had a look at their forum and he looks to be making a big impression, they are very impressed by him so far.
"Matt Smith is gorgeous. I will do another Alzate here, that lad will have a good Premier League career. There is a touch of Moncur about him but he probably sits a bit deeper. He just wants the ball so he can play a touch perfect pass all the time but isn’t afraid to do some of the dirty work either."

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Long time lurker, first time posting in the Academy forum. Really appreciate the conversation and the content. It’s nice to come here after spending a few too many minutes in the Transfer Forum.

Was curious if there are any sites other than Jeorge Bird’s blog + his occasional Arseblog posts where I can read a little more about the Academy Kids? I saw the link in Gunners Town that was posted a couple pages back + this board is great. Just wondering if there’s any other sites/resources any of you could recommend?
https://nextgenarsenal.blogspot.com/
Scouting Indoors off of twitter. He has written a few excellent articles of late. I'd also check out Deluded Gooner on youtube. He knows ****ing everything about football :lol:.

Matt Smith with a great assist for Swindon. Had a look at their forum and he looks to be making a big impression, they are very impressed by him so far.
"Matt Smith is gorgeous. I will do another Alzate here, that lad will have a good Premier League career. There is a touch of Moncur about him but he probably sits a bit deeper. He just wants the ball so he can play a touch perfect pass all the time but isn’t afraid to do some of the dirty work either."
They love the kid. I knew he'd settle in there, they play decent football and he's the type of midfielder who can succeed because he can win duels despite his lack of pure power, and he's better at dictating the flow of the game.

TJJ also got 2 assists today.

Afro Mugo

Watching the u23s vs Chelsea. We were absolutely battered in the first half. The players don't look comfortable in the 3 4 3 formation especially Clarke who's playing LCB too many misplaced passes and all his angles are being closed down. The midfield is non existent because of the formation. The Central CB Dinzeyi cannot play the Luiz role , he doesn't have the passes so the formation is just not working as he can only pass sideways . Balogun hasn't gotten much service and he's struggled against two very big Centre backs . I still don't know what McEneff brings to the team. The first 45 minutes only but I can say theres also a coaching problem , our players can't press the ball , playing with very little intensity.

Afro Mugo

Also it doesn't help that Cottrell is playing LWB against Livramento and Lawrence very athletic players and Lewis isn't very good at defending. He's having it rough out there .

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Watching the u23s vs Chelsea. We were absolutely battered in the first half. The players don't look comfortable in the 3 4 3 formation especially Clarke who's playing LCB too many misplaced passes and all his angles are being closed down. The midfield is non existent because of the formation. The Central CB Dinzeyi cannot play the Luiz role , he doesn't have the passes so the formation is just not working as he can only pass sideways . Balogun hasn't gotten much service and he's struggled against two very big Centre backs . I still don't know what McEneff brings to the team. The first 45 minutes only but I can say theres also a coaching problem , our players can't press the ball , playing with very little intensity.

why are they making them play 343? Also, do you have a stream you could please share

Afro Mugo

We have to teach them to play the first team’s philosophy.
We've switched to a back 4 second half and we are now dominating the game . Alebiosu at LB Oyegoke at RB Cottrell number 10. Balogun has missed a one on one . Hit a very tame shot. Oyegoke and Cottrell have been very good this half . Olayinka is causing problems too .

Afro Mugo

75 minutes and still no sign of Azeez and Cirjan. Bould can be weird . Chelsea have made 2 changes and the game is very end to end. Hein has been good. Akinola Is like a poor man's Coquelin . Balogun has just missed another one on one . Defensive mistakes by Chelsea similar to us in the first half

Afro Mugo

78 minutes still no Subs. At this point I'd rather Azeez and Cirjan play with u18s. His mate Musah is with Valencia first team and Lewis Bate is having a really good game for Chelsea. I just don't understand what's the plan with the 2

Afro Mugo

Azeez substituted in the 83rd minute, his first bit of activity is miscontrolling a bad pass and Chelsea score . I think I've seen enough . Only 3 minutes left. Onto the first team but I've not been impressed a single bit by what I've seen . It's 3 0 now. Alebiosu and Lewis were weak links on the left

oh to be a goon

Isnt Oyegoke the same age group as Patino and the others who were only just promoted to the U18s? How is he a key player for the U23s already? Is he just that much more developed than the others his age?

Afro Mugo

Isnt Oyegoke the same age group as Patino and the others who were only just promoted to the U18s? How is he a key player for the U23s already? Is he just that much more developed than the others his age?
He was born in January 03 which means he's technically an age group above but he's also very talented and physically mature

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Please god get Olayinka out of there and let at least one of Cirjan and Azeez start regularly, depressing a team of mostly non-prospects bar Oyegoke.

Top Bottom