• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Malky

Established Member
Even if it was a ***** slap, it wasn't negligible, it was a hard slap.

Lamela could have been sent off too of course, but I think the refs might have seen the push with elbow accidental on the neck/face, it slipped there from the body. Or just that it didn't hit the face, but neck.

:lol::lol::lol:
He's supposed to be a grown man, FFS. If someone in the street 'slapped' you like that would you fall to the ground, start rolling around holding your face? It's so pathetic.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

:lol::lol::lol:
He's supposed to be a grown man, FFS. If someone in the street 'slapped' you like that would you fall to the ground, start rolling around holding your face? It's so pathetic.

Why is everyone talking about Lamela here? I haven't defended or talked about him at all. Only replied about it to those who can't understand what they read.

Again, I'm talking about hitting to the face in football. I think it is a straight red. That's it.

Martial is supposed to be a grown man too, and not hit anyone in the head in a football game.

As far as I know his 3 match ban hasn't been overturned by FA, and he will be banned against us. So FA sees it as a hard slap too.

Malky

Established Member
Why is everyone talking about Lamela here? I haven't defended or talked about him at all.

Again, I'm talking about hitting to the face in football. I think it is a straight red. That's it.

Martial is supposed to be a grown man too, and not hit anyone in the head in a football game.

As far as I know his 3 match ban hasn't been overturned by FA, and he will be banned against us. So FA sees it as a hard slap too.
That's fair enough.
Bottom line was the entire incident should of been reviewed and either both get sent off, or neither - Lamela made contact first, he instgated it, Martial retaliated.

Malky

Established Member
This United squad isn't good enough relative to where they expect to be, but it's better than this. And if you're performing worse than the sum of your parts there's only one person responsible - the coach.
source.gif

Nah Ole just needs another 3 transfer windows to get it right, he's a incredible coach and should remain in charge of United for as long as possible. ;)

drippin

That's fair enough.
Bottom line was the entire incident should of been reviewed and either both get sent off, or neither - Lamela made contact first, he instgated it, Martial retaliated.

Yeah, possibly. I understand the FA & referee in some ways though. Lamela didn't intentionally hit head, his elbow went to throat from his body, and he didn't even look that way so could have just tried to push him in before a free kick.

So he got a yellow. I think he could have got a straight red too, or a second yellow from filming or something like that. But above explanation makes sense to me too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If I was a player I would try to annoy opposition players into reacting, and if they did I would exaggerate the contact to get him sent off...it's all about getting an advantage to get your team to win, would tell my players to do this do if I was a manager.

Martial's was a red, he should have just went down after Lamela made contact first instead of lashing out...both players should have gotten reds.

Lamela is like Diego Costa, he clearly plays dirty but refs just constantly let him get away with it ffs.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If I was a player I would try to annoy opposition players into reacting, and if they did I would exaggerate the contact to get him sent off...it's all about getting an advantage to get your team to win, would tell my players to do this do if I was a manager.

Martial's was a red, he should have just went down after Lamela made contact first instead of lashing out...both players should have gotten reds.

Lamela is like Diego Costa, he clearly plays dirty but refs just constantly let him get away with it ffs.
I'm also disappointed that other teams haven't targeted him for it. It's universally known what a cvnt he is. You need to rough him up and put the fear of the devil in him, so that he thinks twice about doing sh*t like that. Maybe football really has gone too soft.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lamela initiated the whole thing and thanks to the referee had his actions rewarded. It was no more than a touch on the cheek. Lamela at first could not make up his mind how he should react and then after thinking about it threw himself to the ground.
Absolutely right. Lemela is a cheat, simple as. No love lost for Martial, he was stupid for allowing himself to be turned over.

I'm guessing @drippin is a very sensitive soul if he thinks that tickle was a hard slap. :lol: You could see the cogs turning in Lamela's head before he realised he could make some mileage out of that touch.

drippin

Absolutely right. Lemela is a cheat, simple as. No love lost for Martial, he was stupid for allowing himself to be turned over.

I'm guessing @drippin is a very sensitive soul if he thinks that tickle was a hard slap. :lol: You could see the cogs turning in Lamela's head before he realised he could make some mileage out of that touch.

It was a hard slap as long as FA doesn't overrule the 3 match ban. That's how the rules go, you put them here yourself.

VAR didn't & the ref didn't even go check it.

I can't help you if you watched it many times and can't see the nudge in Lamela's head from it. It's clear. Again, I'm not defending Lamela in this.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

can't help you if you watched it many times and can't see the nudge in Lamela's head from it.
Isn’t the movement of his head simply a normal reaction to feeling his head touched and pulling the head away? So it is his own reaction you are seeing.

Anyhow it is what it is. Cannot say I fee particularly sorry for ManU given how often they get refs giving them soft pens etc.

drippin

Isn’t the movement of his head simply a normal reaction to feeling his head touched and pulling the head away? So it is his own reaction you are seeing.

Anyhow it is what it is. Cannot say I fee particularly sorry for ManU given how often they get refs giving them soft pens etc.

I have watched it many times and watched it again. The hit comes from behind and is fast, no way he can react to it by pushing his head away. There is a nudge/twitch.

I'm not saying it was the hardest b**** slap possible, I'm saying it was hard enough to be a straight red.

And the FA currently seems to agree with me, and that's all there is to it.

This is football, not teenager p**** fighting.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good luck @Oxeki, been banned on redcafe three or four different times.
The mods here a far better.
The post I made 6 hours agoon redcafe is still pending mod approval.
I mean what's the point of mod preventing my posts from being posted.
I remember last year the mods there deleting my post because I opined that KDB was better than Pogba.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He's basically biding his time, picking up his wages until a good manager comes along.

Guys won almost everything there is to win.

The World Cup is really the only standout achievement on his trophy resume. Other than that he has a few Serie A titles, which is standard for any Juventus player of the last decade, and a Europa League.

If I were to pick a player who has "won almost everything there is to win" I'd name a Gareth Bale or a Sergio Busquets.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The mods here a far better.
The post I made 6 hours agoon redcafe is still pending mod approval.
I mean what's the point of mod preventing my posts from being posted.
I remember last year the mods there deleting my post because I opined that KDB was better than Pogba.

Christ if that isn't just flaming obvious then I don't know what is. KDB is arguably the best midfielder in the world.

Top Bottom