• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

He was being blamed for taking home 350K while our mascot was fired and now that he decides to pay his wages, its PR stunt. Some people just can't find any consistency in what they want. :facepalm:

There will be nothing he gains for paying for him so no need to trash him, people should learn to give credit where it is due.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The thing is I'm not against him playing for us & have never questioned his ability but the pr stuff he does is just nauseating at times.
This is such a self serving move & the casual social media knobs will eat it up as always

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing is I'm not against him playing for us & have never questioned his ability but the pr stuff he does is just nauseating at times.
This is such a self serving move & the casual social media knobs will eat it up as always
Ozils problem started when he questioned the pay cut by the club. They tricked the players about having pay cut to protect peoples job. As soon as they agreed they still made the people redundant. And offcourse the club now backed to corner has to say gunnersaurus will be back when fans are back. If that was the case from the start this news would not be out. Ozils move basically saved this mans job

Ashybashy86

Sometimes I come across his clips and see some of the world class moments he's provided and wonder why isn't this guy playing for us.

Then he pulls these kind of stunts and then I am quickly reminded.

The mad thing is, a lot more people would have kept their jobs if Özil just bounced and actually played football somewhere.
At the same time though, there is absolutely no guarantee that the money saved from Özil would save the tea lady or Gunnersaurus. The board and Özil are as bad as each other.

Plus if Özil was genuine, there were plenty of other sacked Arsenal staff he could have privately funded. Instead he picked the high profile mascot to make a point. I think anyone with sense or no agenda can see this for what it really is.
Tbf he's well within his rights to stay put, but this PR stunt was just another attempt at getting more fans on his side.

balthazar

It could be a Raul/club decision, if him not playing is saving us from paying a massive bonus.

Don’t tell me he’s become TOTALLY useless that he can’t feature as a sub or in dead cup games when other trash players are getting those minutes.

Could be the pay cut issue, Arteta encouraged the players to take it and Mesut wasn’t having it, before then he played EVERY minute for Arteta.

could be that Arteta issued an ultimatum, i.e. No pay cut = no game time, and it backfired and now they are stuck.

Last edited:

Keplaz

He was being blamed for taking home 350K while our mascot was fired and now that he decides to pay his wages, its PR stunt. Some people just can't find any consistency in what they want. :facepalm:

There will be nothing he gains for paying for him so no need to trash him, people should learn to give credit where it is due.
I can't agree with this. The gesture is good but the method not so much. And the intent. Why couldn't he have done this quietly?

Why not speak to the club and do it behind the scenes? Because "Özil saves Gunnersaurus" looks better for Özil.

It makes Arsenal look bad and Özil look good. It gets people saying look how amazing Özil is. It makes me sick.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

what do people really want? For gunnersaurus to remain jobless without pay? :facepalm:
Those peoples financial well being dont matter once we dont need them. All that matters is the pr the club has built for years being classy. Özil is threatening that and we cant have that. Our manager cant give us a simple reason why a player the club pays 350k a week who played every game for him until covid came cant get another minute for the club. Where is the respect for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom