• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,156,078

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

One of the best players in what is an unusually strong scholar intake. Has scored 3 very good goals already this season and is a very strong dribbler and technician with creativity and excitement. Not quite Reiss-level exciting (yet) but very, very skilful. He, Hutchinson, Patino and Awe seem to be the big stars potentially. Awe already appeared on the bench for the U23s.

Here's Flores' best goal so far this season

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anyone got any talk/profile on our two signings from yesterday, Rekik and Duus Möller?
World Of Football has a small scouting video (he's really good at getting obscure footage) on both. Only saw the one with Moller - massive Bendtner vibes from him; big lad with decent tech and moderate mobility. Don't know anything about his finishing though, seems like a fairly standard modern target man.

Afro Mugo

Never heard of him
He was signed by Ajax from Willem II to replace one of their wingers who seemed to be moving elsewhere. The player chose to sign a pro contract with Ajax hence Ideho no longer had a starting position. With that being said, he was rated highly back at Willem II where Ajax signed Frenkie from at the age of 18, before he became a stand out talent. He scored a good chip in the youth league and there's a starting position at our u23s so we can only wait and see how he turns out.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
The game finished 3-3 after Andorra equalised, very entertaining last 10 minutes :lol::lol:

Eddie impressed again playing at U21, the goal he scored was great. He's been picking the ball up from deep, turning, findiing passes, linking well, drifting into intelligent spaces - all things he has yet to fully replicate playing in our senior team.

It's useful to see him doing these things though. We know he does have more to his game, perhaps he needs more time to show them at senior level.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The game finished 3-3 after Andorra equalised, very entertaining last 10 minutes :lol::lol:

Eddie impressed again playing at U21, the goal he scored was great. He's been picking the ball up from deep, turning, findiing passes, linking well, drifting into intelligent spaces - all things he has yet to fully replicate playing in our senior team.

It's useful to see him doing these things though. We know he does have more to his game, perhaps he needs more time to show them at senior level.
He just needs more experience. I'd have sent him on loan personally to get a full 30-40 app season with more starts than sub appearances. There's some raw minerals there but he hasn't quite manifested his game fully to the first team - even his finishing is not as good, seems to snatch at chances in the final 3rd more often at the moment. I'd give it a bit of time - Arteta knows Eddie is good and could be much better than people's projection of him, he just needs to settle and not be too eager.

Afro Mugo

He just needs more experience. I'd have sent him on loan personally to get a full 30-40 app season with more starts than sub appearances. There's some raw minerals there but he hasn't quite manifested his game fully to the first team - even his finishing is not as good, seems to snatch at chances in the final 3rd more often at the moment. I'd give it a bit of time - Arteta knows Eddie is good and could be much better than people's projection of him, he just needs to settle and not be too eager.
He's also being a victim of our poor chance creation. Both he and lacazette have struggled playing that lone striker role because of how poor we have been recently at creating chances for them near their box which is where they are best at. Fans are just too impatient with young players. They create all sorts of excuses for their favourite established players but when a young player struggles because of the same problems the established player is facing they turn on him. He has a lot of time on his side; still only 21.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Another one for the U16s.

He's also being a victim of our poor chance creation. Both he and lacazette have struggled playing that lone striker role because of how poor we have been recently at creating chances for them near their box which is where they are best at. Fans are just too impatient with young players. They create all sorts of excuses for their favourite established players but when a young player struggles because of the same problems the established player is facing they turn on him. He has a lot of time on his side; still only 21.
I agree with this. Laca can be a bit of a goldilocks in terms of shot choice whereas Nketiah is a bit more instinctive but ultimately both require constant service. The same could have been said for Aubameyang but he's become a pretty adaptable finisher and has defied xG for couple of seasons now - which is a pleasant development.

Fans definitely are impatient with the younger players and are at least quite open about their lack of patience in wanting to get back to the higher echelons of the game and I do understand that. Ideally, you want your kids to slot in and be Fabregas, Wilshere or Saka irregardless of role and circumstance. Rather than someone like Nelson who really needed the momentum but didn't get it, or Willock who's still raw and hasn't had an opportunity to get a proper run of games starting in a more defined role.

I still think these guys are gonna eventually make up the bulk of our squad in the next season or two, especially if Arteta continues to retain them. The EL will be important and I hope Arteta gives them the platform in the group stages to finally get some minutes and confidence under their belts.

Tomb Bombadil

Afro Mugo

Marcelo Flores in the 60 of best young talents list from Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

And Charlie Patino in the best PL talents list: "Those who watch Patino regularly are in no doubt: he is a generational talent with every chance of going the distance."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Don't know thy one is the 60 best talent list but not in the PL list? Who's better?
I think the guardian tried to diversify their list and not put too many English talents . I wouldn't say any is better now . Both are outstanding talents. Marcelo might get first team opportunities before Charlie because of his position and Charlie needs some physical development.

Latest posts

Top Bottom