• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So people on here are now glorifying “parking the bus now”. Damn hypocrites. How the mighty have fallen.

Arteta sets his team up to be structured off the ball and difficult to break down. That is fine. His problem is his insistence on playing out from the back. Our team takes so long to progress the ball that the opponent usually has more than enough time to get themselves organized. Additionally we no longer make passes through the lines, our penetration comes specifically down the flanks. Which means we became predictable going forward.

The over the top ball or cross field passes work for now because of the quality of Auba’s finishing and Willian and Saka/Pepe on crosses. However this tactic won’t be sustainable. We need more variety in our attacking play. We more importantly need to move the ball quicker up the field. Unfortunately Arteta values possession of the ball over penetration of the opponents defense and that will be his downfall because our midfield is not capable of cycling possession.

Simply put he needs to mix it up to be more effective because our shot creation and chances created per game is abysmal. It’s borderline **** show and this is Arsenal not Burnley not West Brom not stoke.

Because we have nobody to play balls between the lines.

Liverpool have been using that same system for 4 years now and its worked wonders btw.

GoonerJay24

I just want us to play the Arsenal, 'Wenger' way with some modern playing principles instilled. Forget Tika taka, Simeone, Klopp, Gegenpress; the club needs to get back to our unique style which was universally adored.

Bring in suitable players to operate in a 4222 formation and start dominating opponents again!

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mane isn't technically gifted; are you smoking rocks mate?

I don't feel like this is a hard one to argue. Mane is a brilliant attacker - the best in the league for me. He clearly doesn't have the natural gifts of other forwards in the league though and uses his attributes to the best of his ability.

Not technically gifted doesn't mean that he has no technique. His first touch and control is decent, his passing is okay and he has a good shot technique. His directness, movement and positioning make him elite, not his technique.

I'd definitely say Saka, Pepe and Willian are all more technically gifted than Mane. None are anywhere near as effective though.

People seem to use technical ability and good synonymously.

truth_hurts

Mane and Salah are plenty technical. Can strike the ball cleanly from anywhere, can combine with their team mates with passes just fine. Not sure what more they would need to show in that regard.

Both had stints as no.10 in previous clubs despite being known as forwards/wingers. Maybe cause they are super athletes it throws people off?

Would you call either technically gifted? I wouldn't personally.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
This guy is more pragmatic than emery, and he seems to over complicate his team selections, just play players in their correct positions, and his excuse for not starting partey is just more evidence of him trying to make himself look smarter than he is, its not like we play a complicated system .....

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol nah
Technique is being able to do what you want with the ball and whilst Mane isn’t Cazorla - he is more than adequate in that regard.

You make him sound like a kick and run player getting by on athleticism.
Whilst his athleticism is what makes him effective, him and Salah are far too good in tight spaces to say they aren’t technically gifted.

Most wingers/forwards high up in the prem and CL have a certain floor of technical ability. Not all have the pace and strength- which is why those two are what they are, they have both. Podence and Trossard are examples of highly technical players without the physical traits.

Dribbling, passing/shooting/crossing with one touch - Mane and Salah can do - yeah I don’t quite get why you say that tbh.

truth_hurts

Didn’t feel as though I suggested that Mane or Salah were kick and run merchants.

Not sure if you wanted to showcase a technically gifted front 3 to somebody new to the term that you're showing Liverpool as a model.

The comment was that our forwards lack technical ability, when in truth, Pepe and Willian have plenty of technique.

I don't think our attack is functional because our system doesn't play to their strengths. We've got the clip over the top for Auba, but the service to our other forwards seems to be Lacazette grinding on defenders in our half, Pepe recieving 5 yards passes from Bellerin in our own half and Willian doing a lot of running without much purpose.

GoonerJay24

I don't feel like this is a hard one to argue. Mane is a brilliant attacker - the best in the league for me. He clearly doesn't have the natural gifts of other forwards in the league though and uses his attributes to the best of his ability.

Not technically gifted doesn't mean that he has no technique. His first touch and control is decent, his passing is okay and he has a good shot technique. His directness, movement and positioning make him elite, not his technique.

I'd definitely say Saka, Pepe and Willian are all more technically gifted than Mane. None are anywhere near as effective though.

That's nonsense, Mane is one of the most technical players I've ever seen in the Pl.

I'm guessing you'd say Hazard is not technical neither then?

truth_hurts

That's nonsense, Mane is one of the most technical players I've ever seen in the Pl.

I'm guessing you'd say Hazard is not technical neither then?

You must have started watching the league in April then.

The Hazard comparison is weird. You're confusing me. What does technically gifted mean to you? As we must have different definitions.

You must work in binary where it's either Theo Walcott or Thierry Henry on the technically gifted scale.

GoonerJay24

You must have started watching the league in April then.

The Hazard comparison is weird. You're confusing me. What does technically gifted mean to you? As we must have different definitions.

You must work in binary where it's either Theo Walcott or Thierry Henry on the technically gifted scale.

I've watched for over 20 years actually.

Hazard is considered one of the most technical players but I think his style is similar to Mane's. Remember Mane scoring his first Liverpool goal against us, that was one of the best individual brilliant plays I've seen this decade

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Would you call either technically gifted? I wouldn't personally.
They are definitely technically gifted. Maybe not the same level as Hazard or Messi but they're gifted. I think what you mean is that Salah and Mane do not look as clean the most gifted footballers. I think they're in the same category as Sanchez. Technically gifted but they don't have "clean" technique. I don't know how to explain it. You can tell when someone is a street baller vs academy prospect. You know someone that has come from La Masia or Ajax because of the way receive the ball. But for Mane, Salah, and Sanchez it's more than likely they did not have access to top European academies due to the lack of resources in their homeland so they're less likely to acquire the proper training to kick a ball for example. Most of it is self taught which is why it looks rougher to others
I maybe waffling but I think that's what you mean.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There are quite a few trolls on here that aren’t serious.
A couple of accounts that literally only pop up after a loss - I doubt they actually support or watch Arsenal. Not just talking about ArtetaOut.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Didn’t feel as though I suggested that Mane or Salah were kick and run merchants.

Not sure if you wanted to showcase a technically gifted front 3 to somebody new to the term that you're showing Liverpool as a model.

The comment was that our forwards lack technical ability, when in truth, Pepe and Willian have plenty of technique.

I don't think our attack is functional because our system doesn't play to their strengths. We've got the clip over the top for Auba, but the service to our other forwards seems to be Lacazette grinding on defenders in our half, Pepe recieving 5 yards passes from Bellerin in our own half and Willian doing a lot of running without much purpose.
Pepe and Willian are quite inconsistent though, even on a technical level.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom