• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Good solid player who will get hated cause he will keep overrated youngsters out of the team. 3rd best Cm at the club after partey and xhaka

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bayern Munich
Thiago
Kimmich
Grotzeka
Javi Martinez
Tolisso

Real Madrid
Modric
Kroos
Valverde
Casemiro

Liverpool
Henderson
Fabinho
Keita
Oxlade Chamberlain
Milner

PSG
Verrati
Herrera
Gueye
Parades

Juventus
Pjanic
Ramsey
Rabiot
Khedira
Bentacur
Maltudi

I just picked the 5 league winning midfields from the 19/20 season across Europe. If you want Arsenal to be winning league titles any time soon, your midfield should be competing with the above. So people saying, Elneny is okay as a 4th or 5th choice, look again and ask yourself if he really is?
Rapid Vienna are Championship standard. I don't want to be the negative guy here but let's have better standards than Elneny please.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Right now he’s okay but if he’s still a squad option for us in 18 months, I would be dissatisfied with our squad building efforts.
I agree with this. Think we are on same page. Like I said, adequate... and hopefully he can gain confidence do play a bit more expansive football. In a rotation with Ceballos and Partey I can see that happening over time.

Mudi

Bayern Munich
Thiago
Kimmich
Grotzeka
Javi Martinez
Tolisso

Real Madrid
Modric
Kroos
Valverde
Casemiro

Liverpool
Henderson
Fabinho
Keita
Oxlade Chamberlain
Milner

PSG
Verrati
Herrera
Gueye
Parades

Juventus
Pjanic
Ramsey
Rabiot
Khedira
Bentacur
Maltudi

I just picked the 5 league winning midfields from the 19/20 season across Europe. If you want Arsenal to be winning league titles any time soon, your midfield should be competing with the above. So people saying, Elneny is okay as a 4th or 5th choice, look again and ask yourself if he really is?
Rapid Vienna are Championship standard. I don't want to be the negative guy here but let's have better standards than Elneny please.

Our problem is not that our 4th/5th choice is bad, that our 2nd/3th options aren't good enough. Buy a second midfielder next to Partey (Aouor) and our midfield is as strong as anyones.

Partey
Aouor
Xhaka
Ceballos
Elneny
Willock

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
one of Mo's biggest strengths is his willingness to work hard to give his manager what he is looking for - unlike other midfielders I could mention

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EnragedPracticalAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Mo has the type of longshots Granit fanboys think Xhaka has in his locker...

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’s a great squaddy imo. Maybe not quite as good as Xhaka. Certainly not creative (I don’t think Xhaka is either). But he is an expert at the sideways pass. He appears more mobile or better at positioning than Xhaka. He’s on half the wages of Xhaka too.
He is less capable of long passing and ‘breaking the lines’ passes than Xhaka but he is actually more comfortable under pressure and makes less mistakes in his own half.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Neat and tidy player, great for keeping possession. I would consider playing him at the base of a midfield three with more adventurous players on either side.

Ceballos/Xhaka----Partey
-----------------Elneny

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bayern
I saw several midfielders in there - particularly for PSG and Juventus that I wouldn't take.

Elneny is fine for what he is. We might even get a decent fee for him end of the season with enough appearances.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You can't compare midfield of bayern Munich Real Madrid Liverpool to ourd these teams have been successful in past 4 years we aren't. We can't go bring 4 quality midfielders we got Partey and that move to right direction next step is to get midfield who similar to Aouar or better than Ceballos

RunTheTrap

I saw several midfielders in there - particularly for PSG and Juventus that I wouldn't take.

Elneny is fine for what he is. We might even get a decent fee for him end of the season with enough appearances.
You could argue that's more to do with the weakness of those leagues but for serious title winning teams, Elneny is not getting a look in.

RunTheTrap

You can't compare midfield of bayern Munich Real Madrid Liverpool to ourd these teams have been successful in past 4 years we aren't. We can't go bring 4 quality midfielders we got Partey and that move to right direction next step is to get midfield who similar to Aouar or better than Ceballos
I know these things take time but it also means we shouldn't be actively looking for better. Ideally we move on Xhaka and Elneny and bring in better midfielders. If things go our way.

Kav

Established Member
You could argue that's more to do with the weakness of those leagues but for serious title winning teams, Elneny is not getting a look in.
Your argument is not based on any evidence of any sort. Just your opinion. If a manager likes a player regardless of the options available to them they will play said player as much as possible. For example both Milner and Henderson are generally considered average players yet they fit into Klopp’s system because they provide him with what he wants. If a manager values El neny then he will play in any title winning squad which makes your point irrelevant.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let go of your prior perceptions.

He’s clearly got a lot more to offer than what we saw / he was allowed to show prior to going out on loan. He’s been terrific this season and played with the kind of confidence that’s had me scratching my head.

Never thought I’d sit here typing my appreciation for Elneny adding one and two touch high tempo football.

This is a guy who’s clearly hungry to prove himself. Very Emi-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom