• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
One thing you can’t deny is that he doesn’t command his box, and never has, and that’s an issue. You also can’t deny he’s not comfortable with the ball like Emi. That’s not an insult or opinion, that’s the situation and it’s not up for debate.

Made 3 mistakes yesterday, which top keepers don’t do in one game, Allison, Ederson etc.

Maybe not Allison because he is a level above the rest of the competition, but i have seen Ederson racking up mistakes plenty of times in the same game. Especially in high stakes games.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nature of the beast, Martinez will make his fair share too, wouldn't make him any less of a keeper.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Maybe not Allison because he is a level above the rest of the competition, but i have seen Ederson racking up mistakes plenty of times in the same game. Especially in high stakes games.
Multiple mistakes in big games? Give me a few examples.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Emi staying would have further galvanised our spine, and I believe he would have displaced Leno eventually. It was a matter of time.

That said, you cannot fault him for needing to play and ultimately leaving. Not being first choice when, among other things, wanting to secure yourself as your country's number one makes it a necessary decision to play as much as possible.

All this said, we are left with a number one who has faults but isnt as bad as he is made out to be. Leno will improve and become the reliable fixture he can be.

We are sorted in the goalie department, Im confident of that.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Do not know what to think really, last night was a really bad day at the office and he has and generally will not have them that often. I just feel emi was more suited for playing out from the back nonsense. Feel a bit sorry for leno. I do think leno is a good keeper he just needs to cut out the mistakes such as the parrying of shots.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Leno is a top keeper unless some of you guys think we should buy "world class" keepers for 80m like Kepa or De Gea :D

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Leno for a GK doesn’t seem to show much personality either.
Not many have that personality or X factor, but the very best ones do. Even when those kinds of keepers are past their best, they still get by on their personality which influences their decision making, for years. Leno comes across like he’s still trying to prove something or thinks he has it to prove. That’s a bit of a worry.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I wrongfully bumped it and deleted my post. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom