• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think some people just need to take their medicine, there was huge support on here for hiring Arteta, both before and after Emery, and most of them accepted it would be a longer process.. Well here it is, part of that longer process.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure why I expected some different things from him, and why I was expecting that he will play a fluent attacking football (probably because of the lies they all give us when they star).
At first, I was willing to wait for him to get a couple of players in, but now when that's done, I'm hugely disappointed with his style and approach it feels like Emery 2.0.
One of those managers who like to overthink things for no reason, but he did learn from Pep so I can imagine he will take the same approach here, but with a far more limited team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think some people just need to take their medicine, there was huge support on here for hiring Arteta, both before and after Emery, and most of them accepted it would be a longer process.. Well here it is, part of that longer process.
Let's not forget that there was a support for Emery here and he needed time. They don't need time, they always show how they wanna play from day 1, and they improve that over time. Arteta, like Emery, took an approach far different to what we were seeing for the last 20 years

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Think we looked better with a 4-3-3 but our midfield was so so flat we couldn't really take advantage of it. Xhaka dropping back in to left back and Ceballos and Partey sitting deep in midfield at the same time is a bit of a waste. Need Ceballos and Partey to be trying to get through the midfield centrally.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Let's not forget that there was a support for Emery here and he needed time. They don't need time, they always show how they wanna play from day 1, and they improve that over time. Arteta, like Emery, took an approach far different to what we were seeing for the last 20 years
I don't think anyone wanted Emery here when Wenger left from what I remember, didn't he get no votes on the poll for managers we were linked to?

chessygoal

Don't know what more he could have done tonight.

Picked the best 11 everyone was saying.

Goal should have stood and luiz off for Mustafi.
I disagree, Arteta tried to outsmart Brendan by playing Auba on the right, having Xhaka as a third CB and Ceballos as an invisible player. It backfired badly, we never found a rythm, this loss is on Arteta.

Manberg

Predator
He picked our best 11, our forwards are not good enough. Laca is sh*t. Pepe is not a £72m player. Auba was playing for his contract last season.

Arteta needs to be given time and backing to get his own strikers in before being judged.

Ripe Banana

How does Leeds look so good coming from the championship yet we look like the promoted side?
Manager. It's that simple.
One of the excuses here is that we do not have the squad to play adventurous football, but i do not for one second believe Leeds have a better squad than we do

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I would still give him time. But today was a tactical miss. It was 100% clear that Rodgers was going to park the bus for 70 minutes and then challenge our tired legs with Vardy. But we had no plan for it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We accept the process. We don’t accept this type of football m. This is Burnley on a bad day level. 10 months and you can’t have your team play any attacking football or any attacking patterns. Why will next 10 months change

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We have to accept we're stuck with arteta for the next 3 seasons. I know he's going to turn it around. No doubt about it. But this team finished 8th and has s long way to go.

Xhaka, Pepe, Laca, bellerin he has a lot of dross to work with.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I‘m getting tired of these negative managers that we hire. We played basically 3 defensive midfielders today and 2 left backs but expect to win games? This is some Emery crap.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We accept the process. We don’t accept this type of football m. This is Burnley on a bad day level. 10 months and you can’t have your team play any attacking football or any attacking patterns. Why will next 10 months change
I think we all have to accept it, I didn't fancy him before he joined but he's got to be backed. He's got until the end of the season grace period for me then I'll see.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was hoping he’d be more Wenger than Pep. Not a huge fan of the over-engineered approaches coaches take now.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom