• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They would never have done that to Alex Ferguson or an English coach.
It’s true. I hate that he gave in and didn’t tell the all to **** themselves. He should have stood where he was on the touch line and took whatever punishment came.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol the snitching is just ridiculous

No human understanding. Definite contempt for the boss like said above.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
A national lockdown looming for the UK. Guess the season will be suspended for November. Wish they could have started it on Saturday.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
We are surely going 343/523 but I fear if utd go for a diamond 442 we might struggle. I hope Arteta does something to counter that.

Manberg

Predator
A national lockdown looming for the UK. Guess the season will be suspended for November. Wish they could have started it on Saturday.

Ligue 1 is continuing despite France’s national lockdown. I doubt the premier league gets suspended.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Lets hope Arteta goes for a a slightly more dynamic midfield and Auba up top.
Yeah, imo we need to go for it and play the most skilled attackers with a balanced midfield behind them. For me that means going with the most dynamic attacking 3 in Pepe-Willian-Saka behind Auba and a base of Partey-Elneny.

The likeliness of it is low though. Xhaka will still get the nod ahead of Neny and with Arteta its hard to tell what's he gonna do about attack. Very likely we might go 3 at the back given Luiz might be out.

Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
Bellerin-Partey-Xhaka-Saka
Pepe-Auba-Willian

That's what we'll most likely see imo.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, imo we need to go for it and play the most skilled attackers with a balanced midfield behind them. For me that means going with the most dynamic attacking 3 in Pepe-Willian-Saka behind Auba and a base of Partey-Elneny.

The likeliness of it is low though. Xhaka will still get the nod ahead of Neny and with Arteta its hard to tell what's he gonna do about attack. Very likely we might go 3 at the back given Luiz might be out.

Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
Bellerin-Partey-Xhaka-Saka
Pepe-Auba-Willian

That's what we'll most likely see imo.
I dont get why he hasnt gone for this Its a bit frustrating because he has tried a few different players as his wingers and rotated Pepe + Willian but hasnt tried a very obvious one; our three best creators on the pitch and our best finisher up top. The shape you gave (Pepe, Willian, Saka) vs Sheffield was so weird because we just suddenly played smooth football having been playing poorly all game. The freedom Willian got as well as having runners either side of him was great, we looked so much more of a threat. You have so many creators and ball carriers there that having a not very technical striker isnt the end of the world.

Now that our left side dominant attacks have been found out Aubameyang has less space to run into. That, coupled with our rigid formation and lack of creative players being able to play in a close vicinity of eachother, is making it almost impossible to create any chances. Its time to get an extra creative player on the field and replace the useless Lacazette (he cant finish, he cant dribble, he cant run) with a top class poacher and finisher being fed delicious balls by the likes of Bellerin, Tierney, Pepe, Willian, Saka. The amount of chances that have fallen to the wrong people (Lacazette) has already cost us a few points in my opinion.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I dont get why he hasnt gone for this Its a bit frustrating because he has tried a few different players as his wingers and rotated Pepe + Willian but hasnt tried a very obvious one; our three best creators on the pitch and our best finisher up top. The shape you gave (Pepe, Willian, Saka) vs Sheffield was so weird because we just suddenly played smooth football having been playing poorly all game. The freedom Willian got as well as having runners either side of him was great, we looked so much more of a threat. You have so many creators and ball carriers there that having a not very technical striker isnt the end of the world.

Now that our left side dominant attacks have been found out Aubameyang has less space to run into. That, coupled with our rigid formation and lack of creative players being able to play in a close vicinity of eachother, is making it almost impossible to create any chances. Its time to get an extra creative player on the field and replace the useless Lacazette (he cant finish, he cant dribble, he cant run) with a top class poacher and finisher being fed delicious balls by the likes of Bellerin, Tierney, Pepe, Willian, Saka. The amount of chances that have fallen to the wrong people (Lacazette) has already cost us a few points in my opinion.
Yeah I'm not sure why Arteta doesn't get with that. Was catching up on the Partey thread and it could be that Arteta vehemently wants to play a flat 3 man midfield in a 4-3-3 rather than using an attacking midfield player. I haven't seen any of the other games but against Leicester it seems to me like he is very adamant in using CBs to bypass midfield and find runners from wide arriving in the box while using the same runners to win the ball back. But this has two midfielders unable to contribute actively in central areas and the attackers are completely isolated and overworked which is why I'm refraining from blaming Lacazette or Aubameyang as they're expending most of their energy into chasing and running backwards leading them to missed chances or trouble controlling or retaining the ball upfield. They're doing the leg work of midfielders whilst making space for the fullbacks instead to break lines and find openings.

This is kind of over the top emphasis on finding the perfect opening through a lot of leg work and getting the CBs to play the opening pass but our player profiles don't fit this approach completely. And a more simpler framework according to the players we have in a 4-2-3-1 is likely to help us far more in attack. That front 4 with a functional base of Partey and Elneny should make us way more fluid in attack whilst giving Auba/Laca more supply to score and they wouldn't be panting to get on the end of a rare through ball either. That would also free up the fullbacks to stick to their function and they'd find it easier to shuttle and keep the pitch wide.

Arteta is just overdoing it without any apparent reason and there's no need to since we have the players now to play more organic. I think he is caught up on forcing his philosophy and style onto the players and not appearing weak but he is missing out on the obvious solution here.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol Arteta always has one random selection or plays someone out of position for a big game. Wonder what it will be this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom