• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Multipass

The same manager who made a younger Saka an important player wanted to send Nelson out on loan as he felt he didnt need him this season. He watches him everyday in training. a lot of the love for Nelson here is rom youth football and he was supposed to be the one who made it. Also the fact that he was close friends with Sancho makes people think he is another Sancho. He is not. He may have skills and good attributes. Doesnt make you a very good player. We seen so many players who has good attributes who dont put it together. Nelson lacks the one thing that makes young players become top players and thats between his ears. He simply lack football intelligence and intelligence in general as he seems slow outside of the pitch as well

Personally I’d prefer people keep their trolling (or dare I say prejudice) to a different forum. On football intelligence, that can grow with experience. He’s still a young lad and a number of years yet before we have to write him off as an iwobi type.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
As a winger yes. As the link between our midfield and attack he could be very useful although I'm not optimistic.

He could be, sure. I'm not saying he cannot be useful at all, just that there's others players who have way more potential upturn down the line if they weren't put a Willian in front of them getting their potential game time.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

On last nights showing I have to say I wasn't impressed. Yes he drove on and looked skillful but he at times really lacked the basics. Focus on the passing.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Had he played through Balogun at the end then Arteta might’ve seriously considered him for a start at the weekend.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Good performance again from him, amusing to watch other players who shouldn't be near the team start in place of him. Plays a somewhat risky game but his dribbling works out the majority of the time and pay dividends. Very similar to Sanchez in how he plays, not got that type of finishing but might be able to add it or improve on the rest of his skill to really become a dominant force in the team.

He didnt really show his eye for a pass last night but he definitely has it in his locker and displays it nearly every time hes on the pitch.

GDeep™

League is very weak
12M to Crystal Palace in the summer.

Thanks for everything Reiss.

We can then spend that 12M on some rubbish player from Chelsea.

say yes

forum master baiter
12M to Crystal Palace in the summer.

Thanks for everything Reiss.

We can then spend that 12M on some rubbish player from Chelsea.

You would’ve predicted a £25m sale here had Raul still been in charge. With Zaha coming the other way. Be more positive mate.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saka was given way more consecutive chances for various reasons. At a certain stage players need runs of games to develop. Same goes for Pepe btw to a certain degree.
Saka performed when given chance and was given more chances and was performing even more. Nelson didnt perform. the idea we just give him chance after chance when not performing isnt how it works. This isnt charity. And no manager is gonna risk his career for a kid not performing hoping one day he performs. Football is about the now. Right now Willian is better player than Nelson and should play. If anyone here actually think as of today Nelson is better player than ?Willian they need to get their head examinated.

Arsenal fans love their overhyped youngsters. We had far more talented than Nelson who didnt make it like Vela. stop overrating kids. Last 15 years how many kids have come through and became top players?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arsenal fans love their overhyped youngsters. We had far more talented than Nelson who didnt make it like Vela. stop overrating kids. Last 15 years how many kids have come through and became top players?
In fact, quite a lot, but it's a question what do you think by top player?
Just in recent years, players like Gnabry, Bennacer, Malen, Iwobi, AMN came through our academy, and without going through transfer market values, I would say that is roughly £150-200m value at their peak.
Now, think again about the "overhyped" statement, especially the damage done at the time when they needed a chance but we were using Welbecks, Elnenys, and other idiots to block their progress with us, just like we are doing now with Willian and some others.

The current group of players making the transition (Saka, ESR, Willock, Nketiah, Nelson) will probably reach the same value in a couple of years, and to lose that again would be the end of Arsenal as a top club (although, many will say we are far from that already).

The output of youngsters compared to squad players was always about the same, but some of the youngsters outperform seniors even at their young age. The value of seniors that are taking the minutes will be 0 in a year or two, while at the same time we spend tens of millions on their salaries getting nothing in return.
Now, think again next time when you would rather see Willian/Elneny or some other finished bum at our club instead of giving minutes to youngsters, and stop being so short sighted, because that was the number 1 reason why we have fallen so low as a club

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In fact, quite a lot, but it's a question what do you think by top player?
Just in recent years, players like Gnabry, Bennacer, Malen, Iwobi, AMN came through our academy, and without going through transfer market values, I would say that is roughly £150-200m value at their peak.
Now, think again about the "overhyped" statement, especially the damage done at the time when they needed a chance but we were using Welbecks, Elnenys, and other idiots to block their progress with us, just like we are doing now with Willian and some others.

The current group of players making the transition (Saka, ESR, Willock, Nketiah, Nelson) will probably reach the same value in a couple of years, and to lose that again would be the end of Arsenal as a top club (although, many will say we are far from that already).

The output of youngsters compared to squad players was always about the same, but some of the youngsters outperform seniors even at their young age. The value of seniors that are taking the minutes will be 0 in a year or two, while at the same time we spend tens of millions on their salaries getting nothing in return.
Now, think again next time when you would rather see Willian/Elneny or some other finished bum at our club instead of giving minutes to youngsters, and stop being so short sighted, because that was the number 1 reason why we have fallen so low as a club
Bennacer and Malen was brought in as youngsters and they didnt make it here and moved on. Gnabry didnt get enough chances and decided to move on and Iwobi/AMN are not starting players for top 4 team. Iwobi is a bench player at Everton and go to evertons forum and see how they rate him. AMN is utility backup player. Outside of getting crazy fee for Iwobi, we didnt make money on the other 2. Saka has come through. Nketiahs future is on the balance. ESR has not played for the first team barely and is inury prone and Willock will be anther squad player. Yes Willian is better than nelson and El neny is better than Willock hence they play more than them because they can contribute more today.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't get people saying they weren't at all impressed with Nelson yesterday, did you not see his increased willingness to take players on?

The question is whether he has this confidence because he is playing against farmers, or if he geniunely is starting to feel comfortable at senior level.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't get people saying they weren't at all impressed with Nelson yesterday, did you not see his increased willingness to take players on?

The question is whether he has this confidence because he is playing against farmers, or if he geniunely is starting to feel comfortable at senior level.
Time will tell. Yesterday’s opponents were farmers and soft ones as well. They did not commit a single foul all match. So even when he was taking on players he didn’t get any physicality towards him

Manberg

Predator
I don’t think Nelson actually played that well. There were a number of times where he drove with the ball and a good passing option was on, and he either didn’t or failed with the execution.
It looked like he had a good game because he was playing with a high intensity, probably to prove a point. It’s not the kind of performance that makes you think he should play against Utd, at least not to the eye of someone with a reasonable football knowledge.

Edit: I say not that well but it’s still a 7/10

Last edited:

DasBootist

I don’t think Nelson actually played that well. There were a number of times where he drove with the ball and a good passing option was on, and he either didn’t or failed with the execution.
It looked like he had a good game because he was playing with a high intensity, probably to prove a point. It’s not the kind of performance that makes you think he should play against Utd, at least not to the eye of someone with a reasonable football knowledge.
Yea, play Willian. If it's broke, don't fix it

Top Bottom