• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This is baffling. You do realise the 343 we play is incredibly defensive as it is? Effectively gets used as a 541.

Did you not see what happens to teams who go for United? They're a top counter attacking side. We would get ripped 4 or 5 nil if we just went all out. Gotta be clever instead of just doing something ridiculous.

Who said anything about going all out? Showing them too much respect is almost as dangerous. They’re a good counter attacking side but so are we. Our whole game plan can’t be just to contain them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea have spent what, £200 million on a new attack...they still went to Old Trafford and set up very defensively , as they know how good United are on the break...sometimes you have to do what needs to be done, rather than what you want to do.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Weve got to play in a way that matches what we've got at our disposal while also factoring in the strengths of the opponent. It's not about parking the bus Vs going gung go, it's about finding a balance. We weren't even that defensive Vs Leicester for example, in the first half we were dominant (granted Leicester we're happy enough to sit back), and we were creating chances. We got stung in the 2nd half but for the most part we were competent defensively.

People who want us to abandon everything we've done in recent times and just go back to the Wenger way are being completely unrealistic.

Tir Na Nog

Only thing I'd change from the Leicester game is Auba CF and Pepe RW. Obviously Mustafi coming in for Luiz is a massive downgrade but in general I thought our approach was reasonable but Auba just wasn't getting into positions where he could utilize his best strength. If we had a creative midfielders then perhaps the system would change a bit but factoring in we don't have any and the fact our defensive issues it doesnt make sense to go for an attacking 4-2-3-1 for example.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let's see with having a world class midfielder like Partey how will impact us in big game. Utd conceded 9 goals in old Trafford in the league only scored 2 so they'll be in pressure to win similar to us we need to improve our away form against big teams.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if we’re all watching the same Man Utd but they’re nothing special tbh. They’re getting seriously overrated here, fair enough they’ve got a decent attack but isn’t this the same team that Sp**s beat 6-1 at OT?

I’m more worried about whether we’ll step up to the occasion rather than the threat that Utd have.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I read also Arteta is open to change the strategy hopefully that mean more creative and more auba as CF

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Not sure if we’re all watching the same Man Utd but they’re nothing special tbh. They’re getting seriously overrated here, fair enough they’ve got a decent attack but isn’t this the same team that Sp**s beat 6-1 at OT?

I’m more worried about whether we’ll step up to the occasion rather than the threat that Utd have.
They seem found good balance in last 2 games still doesn't mean they suddenly unbeatable

Tir Na Nog

Theyre a dangerous side tho. The Sp**s game was a complete capitulation after the Martial red card. If you've got an in form Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood and potentially Cavani in attack then they've got the fire power to really hurt you. And we've seen with their victories over PSG and Leipzig that they've got the ability to win the big games and the ability to score a lot of goals.

I'm not saying we should park the bus or anything like that obviously but we must acknowledge their threat.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

We once played in OT against a United team with half its starting players in hospital and still lost it. If I remember correctly, that's the match where Rashford announced his arrival. I am pretty sure that this team is stringer than that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They seem found good balance in last 2 games still doesn't mean they suddenly unbeatable

As long as Ole is their manager, we’ll have a chance.

We just need to go at them from the start and not focus on them too much.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We were one of the few teams that Moyes didn't lose against as United boss :lol:

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We were won of the few teams that Moyes didn't lose against as United boss :lol:
IIRC a bunch of players including Ramsey (who was in brilliant form) came down with the flu the Saturday night before the match. That + having to play Liverpool/Dortmund in the week before meant that so many key players were running on empty. Kind of thing that only happens to Arsenal it feels like.

Tir Na Nog

We once played in OT against a United team with half its starting players in hospital and still lost it. If I remember correctly, that's the match where Rashford announced his arrival. I am pretty sure that this team is stringer than that.

2011 was the worst. Pretty sure both the Da Silva twins played in midfield, even O'Shea I believe and they still beat us 2-0. But we attacked United that day so it was a moral victory.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
wish we had gundoozi and torreira for this one.. needed a combative midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom