• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He had a very good performance against United, but i will wait if he can show it every week.

We had great games from Ceballos, Xhaka and so one, but the difficult thing is to do this every week and not only if we are playing against a big team.

But with performances like this he is very close to the first 11 and it's his chance to take it.

It wasn’t just against United, again.

Even tonight against Molde. That first time pass into Pepe for the 4th goal.

It’s also not about him having blockbuster performances per se, it’s about his elevation in quality in every action during play. He’s done it in every single match. Just not got the headlines.

With the ball, without the ball, aggression, intensity. The old Elneny must’ve been left somewhere in Turkey.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A sign of a good manager is when he brings the best out of players like Elneny and Emi Martinez.

Unfortunately, he’s not able to fix the write offs like Mustafi, Xhaka etc. There’s no hope for those bums.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

i know..
i just went to the first page of this thread and posted the interesting posts from there.

Yours was very interesting though I bet you didnt expect this level of rennaissance from him.
I’m not like these other guys I actually watch football and try my best to be objective. I’ve been consistent in my assessment of him.

Did well this season though tbh - has a lot of suitors in Turkey.
Only reason he’s not staying at Besiktas is because apparently they have failed to pay him his salary the past couple of weeks and it’s turned into this big dispute. I’m sure he will find a club no probs.

Also, Gilberto Silva wasn’t chatting sh*t - physically he’s kinda like Paddy and Gilberto, lanky strong and good feet like the two I’ve mentioned - he’s actually a better passer than Gilberto too.

I’m not gonna go crazy and pretend Elneny is WC cause he’s not and I think people are getting carried away a bit, but he’s definitely good and I’ve always said it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

**** sake Marj. Found a proper annoying picture of the skank too :facepalm:

Jury being jury. Worried about him these days. Never has anything positive to say about the club.

Reactions: A_G

Kav

Established Member
He improved our midfield when he came on and that says a lot about what Xhaka and Ceballos were doing before.

That being said. I am looking forward to Villa game. Hope to see his good performances continue.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He's been pretty good lately and if he's happy with the role he has (sporadic starts and minutes) then I have no problem if he stays. We need depth too and he fulfills some of that.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
To be fair, is not only against United. Under Wenger he did a similar or better performance against Barcelona in CL

ash_rasul

He's been pretty good lately and if he's happy with the role he has (sporadic starts and minutes) then I have no problem if he stays. We need depth too and he fulfills some of that.
The way I see it, the role he has at this current moment is a key component of our midfield. On current form he is hands down the best partner for Partey in the middle. It really is incredible the turnaround this guy has had of late, and if he continues to progress I would be delighted to keep him around even after we upgrade the rest of the midfield.

Even after he came on last night, it felt like he added something immediately. A bit of control as well as some zip. You get the sense that he is starting to believe himself and it is really showing, and great so see!

Pop Tart

Established Member
People are bulk buying tissues for the spunk that is coming out their cocks. Calm down , lad has played well so far since returning. Let's see how the rest of the season pans out for him.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Normally with average players you see them have worldies in single games or a go on a good run and you know deep down they’ll sink back to their true level but for some reason I’m not getting that feeling with Ebneny.

I think this is his actual level and he’ll be putting in consistent 7/8 outta 10s next to Partey all season :drool:

Finesse

I’ve had watch the game again to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating off the Yorkshire pudding ffs. Yep, he was that good. Problem is the only way is down now :lol:

Watch his highlights versus Liverpool in the Community shield. An even better performance considering he had Xhaka ( less mobile , less aggressive as compared to Partey ) against a better Liverpool midfield. Then you would realise there is no down.

I see him developing into a mainstay in the team. We are playing from the back and he is key with that link up from Leno , to Hector back and forth to beat the overload. Word is, he is the best at that in training. While Xhaka can be caught trying to sort his feet , or Cabellos trying to be too clever, Mo keeps it simple and immediately makes space to get it back. Always making himself available to Leno , Hector and his midfield partner at all times. Even in very tight angles he makes the simple pass , always ONE TOUCH moves. Opponents cannot even get close and we are allowed to build our attack. This is very important to how we play from the back , keep possession and overall control of the midfield. We do not need some baller / dribbler / all action man to play that role. We have Partey to do that. We need a player with discipline that can make it easier and we take the risks when we progress into the opponents half. He is managing to do with ease what Xhaka and Ceballos cannot do.

Against Everton Xhaka , Ceballos and Partey in the midfield was flat. Partey was bypassed and not on the ball. While Ceballos and Xhaka sat deep and kept trying with too many touches to no avail.

Arteta dropped Mo after the Community shield to accommodate his preferred Xhaka , Ceballos combo. With them we never looked in enough control and a bit laboured sometimes playing from the back. Against Rapid ( played with Partey ) and Dundalk ( played with Joe) Arteta could see why Mo needed to start. He was very brave ( drop Dani and Xhaka) against United and paired him with Partey and found the confirmation.

Sorry for the long post. Playing from the back is our new identity and some of use may not really understand why.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if we’re going to build a huge following in Egypt like Liverpool did with Salah?

Having one of their own in a top 6 PL team must be huge.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Watch his highlights versus Liverpool in the Community shield. An even better performance considering he had Xhaka ( less mobile , less aggressive as compared to Partey ) against a better Liverpool midfield. Then you would realise there is no down.

I see him developing into a mainstay in the team. We are playing from the back and he is key with that link up from Leno , to Hector back and forth to beat the overload. Word is, he is the best at that in training. While Xhaka can be caught trying to sort his feet , or Cabellos trying to be too clever, Mo keeps it simple and immediately makes space to get it back. Always making himself available to Leno , Hector and his midfield partner at all times. Even in very tight angles he makes the simple pass , always ONE TOUCH moves. Opponents cannot even get close and we are allowed to build our attack. This is very important to how we play from the back , keep possession and overall control of the midfield. We do not need some baller / dribbler / all action man to play that role. We have Partey to do that. We need a player with discipline that can make it easier and we take the risks when we progress into the opponents half. He is managing to do with ease what Xhaka and Ceballos cannot do.

Against Everton Xhaka , Ceballos and Partey in the midfield was flat. Partey was bypassed and not on the ball. While Ceballos and Xhaka sat deep and kept trying with too many touches to no avail.

Arteta dropped Mo after the Community shield to accommodate his preferred Xhaka , Ceballos combo. With them we never looked in enough control and a bit laboured sometimes playing from the back. Against Rapid ( played with Partey ) and Dundalk ( played with Joe) Arteta could see why Mo needed to start. He was very brave ( drop Dani and Xhaka) against United and paired him with Partey and found the confirmation.

Sorry for the long post. Playing from the back is our new identity and some of use may not really understand why.

This is great, you put everything i've been thinking recently about our midfield into words. I do think Ceballos can do what Elneny has been doing, he just needs to learn to be brave again.

Finesse

This is great, you put everything i've been thinking recently about our midfield into words. I do think Ceballos can do what Elneny has been doing, he just needs to learn to be brave again.

Ceballos has something else to bring to the team and that will depend on how Arteta shapes the team and wants to play. In a 433 role, Dani can play in front of the 2 CMs. The tenet of the midfield role with our current set up is control , progression in build up and aggressive play in transition. Dani takes to many touches , loves to dribble and has an eye for goal , all qualities needed in the opponents half and not in the deep role as Arteta wants.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ceballos has something else to bring to the team and that will depend on how Arteta shapes the team and wants to play. In a 433 role, Dani can play in front of the 2 CMs. The tenet of the midfield role with our current set up is control , progression in build up and aggressive play in transition. Dani takes to many touches , loves to dribble and has an eye for goal , all qualities needed in the opponents half and not in the deep role as Arteta wants.

Believe me, taking too many touches is not a quality you want in the opponents half. In all honesty there's a lot of fluff with Ceballos, he does a lot but not much of it has a real impact on team. Like we don't miss him when he's not in the team especially when we've got Partey and Elneny in his current form. He's not good enough to be effective in the final third either, it's just not his game. Like I said a lot of fluff, he's not gonna open up tight defences because he doesn't have the appropriate skillset to do it. He's a number 8, he carries the ball from the defensive side to the attacking side, but we've got Partey for that so Ceballos is completely redundant now. He's essentially backup to Partey and I think Arteta now knows this. We require a completely different profile, someone with a more obvious impact to helping us create chances.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Believe me, taking too many touches is not a quality you want in the opponents half. In all honesty there's a lot of fluff with Ceballos, he does a lot but not much of it has a real impact on team. Like we don't miss him when he's not in the team especially when we've got Partey and Elneny in his current form. He's not good enough to be effective in the final third either, it's just not his game. Like I said a lot of fluff, he's not gonna open up tight defences because he doesn't have the appropriate skillset to do it. He's a number 8, he carries the ball from the defensive side to the attacking side, but we've got Partey for that so Ceballos is completely redundant now. He's essentially backup to Partey and I think Arteta now knows this. We require a completely different profile, someone with a more obvious impact to helping us create chances.

Ceballos' performances have been lackluster at times but i'm not certain it's all his fault. I completely disagree that playing as an advanced cm is not his game. That's where he played before he came here, it's where he plays in the Spain NT and it's also why he didn't really have a place in Zidane's Madrid.

It's been so frustrating to see him carrying water for Xhaka who has so many deficiencies he needs to be coddled on the pitch. Believe me, Ceballos' natural game is as an 8 or even a 10. We have not been seeing him in his natural position. He'll mash work if we play him in a 3 with Partey/Elneny.

Link to games from Spain's U23 games last year. He played as the most advanced CM.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Too soon for a title change. Ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom