• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I’m not like these other guys I actually watch football and try my best to be objective. I’ve been consistent in my assessment of him.

Also, Gilberto Silva wasn’t chatting sh*t - physically he’s kinda like Paddy and Gilberto, lanky strong and good feet like the two I’ve mentioned - he’s actually a better passer than Gilberto too.

I’m not gonna go crazy and pretend Elneny is WC cause he’s not and I think people are getting carried away a bit, but he’s definitely good and I’ve always said it.

He`s far from having any of the physical attributes Vieira and Gilberto had. Vieira was an absolute monster physically and Elneny is nowhere near as strong as Gilberto was. Gilbero was pretty quick too, certainly quicker than Eleneny.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He`s far from having any of the physical attributes Vieira and Gilberto had. Vieira was an absolute monster physically and Elneny is nowhere near as strong as Gilberto was. Gilbero was pretty quick too, certainly quicker than Eleneny.
Ofcourse not, wasn’t what I was trying to say. Before Partey and Gabriel, Elneny was one of the more physically capable players in the squad. If you can’t see that then I can’t help ya.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You persist with what works. When it fails, change. Elneny has so far been 50% of our strongest midfield performance in a long time, and you know the very least you’ll get from him is 100%, so he stays.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Ofcourse not, wasn’t what I was trying to say. Before Partey and Gabriel, Elneny was one of the more physically capable players in the squad. If you can’t see that then I can’t help ya.
If by physically capable you mean being able to run a lot you're right but when ut comes to pace and power Elneny is very average

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If by physically capable you mean being able to run a lot you're right but when ut comes to pace and power Elneny is very average
And how many of our midfielders or players in general before this summer had atleast average pace and power? Not many.

Just arguing about nothing leave me alone.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What does Ceballos have over El-Neny. He might develop into something good but he's not started this season how he ends the last. I'd rather keep El-Neny and spend Ceballos money elsewhere now we have Partey

El-Neny is an Arsenal man.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Ceballos has way more imagination and a more varied range of passing.

BP - before Partey, Ceballos was a starter for me
AP - after Partey, I think Elneny is the better partner.

Ceballos has more to his game and is capable of more in my opinion, but the physicality that you get with Elneny makes it worth it.

Elneny’s safe 5 yard passing becomes less of a big deal when Partey is on the pitch basically.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Ceballos in form would probably be playing, there were some games last season where he was close to unplayable. El neno doesn't have that in his tool kit. Ceballos seems to be quite inconsistent across a season and there is a big gap between his best and worst.

GoonerJay24

Ceballos has way more imagination and a more varied range of passing.

BP - before Partey, Ceballos was a starter for me
AP - after Partey, I think Elneny is the better partner.

Ceballos has more to his game and is capable of more in my opinion, but the physicality that you get with Elneny makes it worth it.

Elneny’s safe 5 yard passing becomes less of a big deal when Partey is on the pitch basically.

You wouldn't say this if Elneny was European!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You wouldn't say this if Elneny was European!
Not true at all, I am african myself so I’ve long been aware of unconscious bias in football from morning. I’ve even been called a black supremacist once or twice on here for speaking out on it.

I don’t know if you’re trolling or not but Elneny’s passing isn’t imaginative and never has been. Ceballos on the other hand, I’ve seen him spray it and ping it across the pitch numerous times.

He’s inconsistent though which is kinda expected for his age.

GoonerJay24

Not true at all, I am african myself so I’ve long been aware of unconscious bias in football from morning. I’ve even been called a black supremacist once or twice on here for speaking out on it.

I don’t know if you’re trolling or not but Elneny’s passing isn’t imaginative and never has been. Ceballos on the other hand, I’ve seen him spray it and ping it across the pitch numerous times.

Fair enough, I never realized you were African too!

Elneny certainly isn't Fabregas or Viera with his passing but he has a much better range of pass than fans credit him for. Ceballos has potential but is often sloppy in PL games and as you say lacks consistency.

I just think Elneny generally contributes more currently

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's Elneny vs Xhaka and Ceballos vs Partey unless we play a 3. Ceballos and Elneny aren't in direct competition.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Considering Partey is nailed on and it only leaves one slot in central midfield in this formation, I’d say they are.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

I think he is some creative and has vision. But he has been told to play it safe for so long that he is not confident to do it. He make a supreme pass through lines ala Özil the other match but I don't remember against who. I believe it was a pass to Bellerin and he assisted the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom