• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
>>he's just a young guy
He is 32, entering 'old timer' phase in football terms

>>with a young family
Having one baby doesn't really constitute 'a family' IMO

>>who loves having fun
Are you sure? Have you seen his face in his wedding photos?

>>and playing football.
If he loved playing football surely he would have moved on as soon as he found out he was not part of the clubs plans?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
lets be human...he is a young guy who battled the odds and delivered on an epic scale...and stayed true to himself and his beliefs and gave great joy to those who love watching football.... think of him as the last rage against the dying of the light of the #10 ...

lighten up and let the love flow through your mind....its football.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You never know, he might be on socials himself. He doesn't have too much else going on now tbf.

To be honest, if I were a high profile footballer I wouldn't let myself anywhere near social media. You say anything vaguely controversial or make a poorly worded joke and the pitchfork mob are all over you. I think it's much safer letting a professional team look after it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's been with us for a while in different iterations.
I hear it comes out every 27 years

tenor.gif

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
good to see that the old bitter bumsquad has learnt their lesson and fear to talk nonsense directly.

Keep it in line or your fate too will be like last nights germany who disrespected Özil.

musoke

But Laca isnt worth 200k a week. Pepe isnt worth 72m and 100 odd k a week. Willian isnt matching the performances of a 200k a week player. Why are they in the squad if it's best on whether you play to the level you earn.
Because they are not divisive figures.
They at least show that they are trying even if it is not coming off.
They are not social media propagandists that always play victim whenever challenged. They at least keep showing that hunger to make it back into the team.
They don’t hang around with dictators like Erdogan.
They don’t undermine their managers. Özil is known for this. Rumours were circulating that he once told Emery to his face, “Wallah you are not a manager”. Smh
Those players don’t seem to have Özil’s Princess personality.
They seem to be hungry to play while on the other hand we have our princess Özil acting like a lady in waiting. Happy to just sit it out while getting paid while undermining our club and managers.
Those other players don’t have this irritating attitude “I am a big social media celebrity that has grown men and women worshiping me”.

Özil has been a disappointment and underwhelming signing for us. I would be too politically correct if i gave him a 6/10 over all.
The guy has caused more divisions in his time at Arsenal than success and performances. Etc.

I have never seen an individual player like Özil in my decades watching Arsenal that never takes any PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. It’s crazy. It’s always blaming / faulting others and everything else but Özil. Never any individual reflections. Just pointing fingers at others (Giroud, xhaka, Iwobi, Willock, Willian, Laca, Elneny etc for why he has been a poor signing or why he is not in the team. “Why are Iwobi, Xhaka, Willock, Elneny, Nelson etc in the team but not Özil. This and that manager is not good enough to get the best out of Özil blah blah..

Can’t wait for summer 2021 when we can finally see the back of this divisive and irritating guy. Then may be we can get back a bit of sanity and unity in our fanbase. Some of our fellow fans seem to have turned into Özil FC FANS since 2013 when we signed him.

musoke

o
He doesn't have another exceptionally well paid job offer yet. The club has probably pretty much ruined his career by painting him a trouble maker. China or MLS perhaps for a year or two? Doubt a major European league club will touch him.
OMFG.
You lot are a special breed. So it’s now Arsenal FC’s fault for Özil being a lazy bum? Arsenal ruined his career? You guys need to seriously get out of Özil’s backside. VICTIM VICTIM VICTIM.
Never any personal responsibility. It absolutely irritates me the way you people have this cultish mentality around Özil. My goodness. Now it’s Arsenals fault?
They did not force him to Join in 2013 when Madrid got rid of him.
Arsenal did not hold a gun to Özil’s head in 2017/18 and forced him to extend his contract on a massive £350,000 a week. Remember he ran down his contract and then took advantage.
Arsenal have made it clear since 2018/19 that they are willing to sell him or a loan him out, also willing to pay a big chunk of his wages to any club that could help us out.
This summer the club made it clear too, but what did Özil and his agent continue saying? “Özil has a contract and will see it out blah blah”.

Now you are blaming the club and saying they ruined his career?

What alternative world do some of you people live in?

Let the man take personal responsibility for once in his life. The guy is 32 years old and you treat him like some sort of poor 20 year old minimum wage youth.
:facepalm:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Because they are not divisive figures.
They at least show that they are trying even if it is not coming off.
They are not social media propagandists that always play victim whenever challenged. They at least keep showing that hunger to make it back into the team.
They don’t hang around with dictators like Erdogan.
They don’t undermine their managers. Özil is known for this. Rumours were circulating that he once told Emery to his face, “Wallah you are not a manager”. Smh
Those players don’t seem to have Özil’s Princess personality.
They seem to be hungry to play while on the other hand we have our princess Özil acting like a lady in waiting. Happy to just sit it out while getting paid while undermining our club and managers.
Those other players don’t have this irritating attitude “I am a big social media celebrity that has grown men and women worshiping me”.

Özil has been a disappointment and underwhelming signing for us. I would be too politically correct if i gave him a 6/10 over all.
The guy has caused more divisions in his time at Arsenal than success and performances. Etc.

I have never seen an individual player like Özil in my decades watching Arsenal that never takes any PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. It’s crazy. It’s always blaming / faulting others and everything else but Özil. Never any individual reflections. Just pointing fingers at others (Giroud, xhaka, Iwobi, Willock, Willian, Laca, Elneny etc for why he has been a poor signing or why he is not in the team. “Why are Iwobi, Xhaka, Willock, Elneny, Nelson etc in the team but not Özil. This and that manager is not good enough to get the best out of Özil blah blah..

Can’t wait for summer 2021 when we can finally see the back of this divisive and irritating guy. Then may be we can get back a bit of sanity and unity in our fanbase. Some of our fellow fans seem to have turned into Özil FC FANS since 2013 when we signed him.

There's also a pretty clear correlation between the Özil lovers and the people who are getting on Arteta's back already.

Apparently the manager who won the FA Cup 3 months ago is not good enough, but the guy who hasn't performed anywhere close to an acceptable standard for Arsenal for well over 2 years would be our saviour :lol:

musoke

Özil the free agent will have more options than Willian, book it. Your bias is clear cuz you're comparing a free agent to a contracted player. Özil the free agent in 2018 had many lucrative offers from other clubs even though according to you, he was finished in 2018. Özil in 2021 would be no different. Although nowhere near as lucrative, he won't have shortage of suitors in Europe.
Can you please list these mysterious clubs that were lining up for Özil in 2018?

There was hardly any serious club in for him. Apart from Middle Eastern, Turkish, MLS and PSG..

No big clubs in Europe were lining up for free agent Özil. Hardly ever heard any rumours in the papers apart from Mourinho talking a big Özil talk but not putting his money where his mouth is.

I was one of the few people that were calling for the club to not give into his demands. And that was a £230,00 a week rumour contract being reported in the papers in 2017. We were in a good position to offer Özil about £180,000 a week plus adds-on because Özil was not attracting any serious suitors back then.

Then woke up in 2018 and it was being reported that he signed a £350,000” a week contract. Could not believe it. But the majority of our fanbase (at least 90%) were all happy, so I did not want to be the grumpy old fart putting a damper on the happiness around th club back then.

But if I can remember back then me and a very few Özil critics on another forum were saying “Don’t over pay him as he had been an inconsistent player throughout his time here”. And he was not making the big teams in England and around Europe wet themselves at the thought of signing him.

gamechannel

There's also a pretty clear correlation between the Özil lovers and the people who are getting on Arteta's back already.

Apparently the manager who won the FA Cup 3 months ago is not good enough, but the guy who hasn't performed anywhere close to an acceptable standard for Arsenal for well over 2 years would be our saviour :lol:

Aah! A lucky FA cup win where Auba saved Artetas bacon cuz we once again created **** all in that game. Surely that win proves Arteta is a great manager, right? If one-off lucky wins are a barometer to keep a mediocre mabager devoid of ideas in the job at a club like Arsenal than we have fallen to the Newcastle, West Ham, Everton level. Its funny how with Wenger, FA cup wins and top 4 finishes were not enough but now with the Spanish David Moyes, a fluke FA cup win and a top 10 finish is reason enough to keep him in the job. A mediocre player who also happens to be a mediocre manager is not the answer to Arsenals long term success.

And last I checked, there's plenty of posters here who are not Özil fans that are critical of Arteta. But sure, please go ahead and ignore that cuz it suits your anti-Özil narrative.

Arsenal the club is far bigger than Özil. And uts surely much much much bigger than Arteta as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom