• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

musoke

Spuds could actually use him. Spevially if he comes cheap on modest wages. A front 4 of Bale, Kane, Son and Özil could be good for them. Besides, Mourinho is a fan. Its another story Özil wont go there due to his history with Arsenal.
The Mourinho is a Özil fan thing again? Lol

The Mourinho that called him a coward. The Mourinho that used Özil as a bit part (60 minute mark player) at Madrid.
The Mourinho that moved to Chelsea and passed on signing Özil in 2013 but instead went for Cesc?
The Mourinho that moved to Manchester United, took Matic with him. Özil and Sanchez both run down their contracts at Arsenal, Mourinho chooses Sanchez ahead of Özil.
The Mourinho that moved to Spurss, Özil is being offered to whoever, but as always Mourinho talks the big Özil talk but prefers to go back to Madrid and sign Bale ahead of Özil.

Why does he never come in for his beloved Özil then? Always assures us about how amazing Özil is but whenever push comes to shove he looks the other way. What does that tell us? :)

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Aah! A lucky FA cup win where Auba saved Artetas bacon cuz we once again created **** all in that game. Surely that win proves Arteta is a great manager, right? If one-off lucky wins are a barometer to keep a mediocre mabager devoid of ideas in the job at a club like Arsenal than we have fallen to the Newcastle, West Ham, Everton level. Its funny how with Wenger, FA cup wins and top 4 finishes were not enough but now with the Spanish David Moyes, a fluke FA cup win and a top 10 finish is reason enough to keep him in the job. A mediocre player who also happens to be a mediocre manager is not the answer to Arsenals long term success.

You mean the FA Cup final where a top class striker did his job by converting his chances? That wasn't luck. Pretty much everyone agreed that we convincingly outplayed Chelsea that day bar the first 20 minutes and that Arteta's tactics were on point. You can't rewrite history because you don't like it.

Funny how we've beat Liverpool ( twice) Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd since Arteta took over. These will all be flukes as well I'm sure :facepalm:

'Spanish David Moyes' :lol: I'm not saying Arteta is a managerial genius, or even that he'll be a long term success necessarily but he deserves a fair crack at the whip, and if he fails he fails. It's beyond ludicrous that anyone wants him sacked at this stage.

Mikel Arteta was by no means an average player. He was consistently one of our top 3 performers on the pitch, any Arsenal fan who watched through those years will tell you that. He was a good to very good player.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The Mourinho that moved to Spurss, Özil is being offered to whoever, but as always Mourinho talks the big Özil talk but prefers to go back to Madrid and sign Bale ahead of Özil.
I would love it if Özil went to Sp**s. Wonder which of the Özil fanboys would jump ship and start supporting ****ing Sp**s? Come on football gods, make it happen! :popcorn:

gamechannel

You mean the FA Cup final where a top class striker did his job by converting his chances? That wasn't luck. Pretty much everyone agreed that we convincingly outplayed Chelsea that day bar the first 20 minutes and that Arteta's tactics were on point. You can't rewrite history because you don't like it.

Funny how we've beat Liverpool ( twice) Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd since Arteta took over. These will all be flukes as well I'm sure :facepalm:

'Spanish David Moyes' :lol: I'm not saying Arteta is a managerial genius, or even that he'll be a long term success necessarily but he deserves a fair crack at the whip, and if he fails he fails. It's beyond ludicrous that anyone wants him sacked at this stage.

Mikel Arteta was by no means an average player. He was consistently one of our top 3 performers on the pitch, any Arsenal fan who watched through those years will tell you that. He was a good to very good player.

Lmao, top 3 performers? Jesus! Dude was injured his last 2 years here while doing his badges on our dime.

And he was a panic buy who mastered the art of sideway passes. If you think Arteta was our top 3 performer during his time here, no wonder you think he's a good manager.

I was against his appointment from day 1 but chose to give him a chance. Doesnt mean I have to blindly like his dire brand of football and terrible man management. Coaches like Arteta who flame out more frequently than they succeed. For Arsenals sake I hope he succeeds but I sure as hell ain't holding my breath based on what I've seen.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Lmao, top 3 performers? Jesus! Dude was injured his last 2 years here while doing his badges on our dime.

Mate, you're an Özil fanboy and you're complaining about Arteta getting payed for not playing. Don't you see the irony here.

At least Arteta had the excuse of being physically broken down and injured while he picked up his pay cheque in his last year or so here and was actually doing something productive with his time by doing his coaching badges. Also Wenger put him back in the team whenever he was fit and available to play.

Özil on the other hand is a lazy bum that we're paying £350,000 a week to make stupid social media posts and play on Fortnite because he's given up on being a footballer and putting any effort into his career.

He's a guy that constantly whines and never takes any responsibility for anything, it's always someone else's fault when something goes wrong in his career. A lot of us are sick of it.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
tenor.gif

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

And he was a panic buy who mastered the art of sideway passes. If you think Arteta was our top 3 performer during his time here, no wonder you think he's a good manager.

Panic buy or not, the guy took a paycut to join us from Everton, that tells you Arteta cared about his career beyond the financial aspect, unlike some I could mention.

I don't understand how you can believe this. Arteta was the fulcrum of our midfield for the majority of his time here.

Arteta was an exceptionally intelligent footballer who did the simple stuff and defensive work to a high standard that enabled the flair players around him to thrive.

If your idea of a good midfielder is a Youtube highlight reel player who does Cruyff turns on the edge of their own box or scores 30 yard screamers, that's fine. Watch Pogba. It wasn't Arteta's game and it wasn't what Wenger wanted from him.

Gilberto Silva was a crap footballer too by the standards you're holding Arteta to.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He's a guy that constantly whines and never takes any responsibility for anything, it's always someone else's fault when something goes wrong in his career. A lot of us are sick of it.

I’ve posted this question before, not sure if I got any responses.

To those that support Özil: Do you agree that he is at least partially responsible for ending up in this current predicament?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’ve posted this question before, not sure if I got any responses.

To those that support Özil: Do you agree that he is at least partially responsible for ending up in this current predicament?
I actually used to be anti Özil myself but over the years, particularly this summer I’ve come to realise that this club is full of it.

For me the pushing out of Özil lost all credibility when we signed and forced an over the hill Willian. He’s not a bad player mind, but none of it makes sense to me.

I’ve also always admired the stances he took off the pitch as well. The only thing I can really criticise him for is his relationship with Erdogan cause he’s a bit dodge.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

''Earned their right'' is key here. If Özil doesn't think he's done anything wrong he isn't going to change anything.

He's done anyway. There's zero point in reintroducing Özil into the squad with 6 months on his contract. We're better off giving those minutes to someone who is going to be at Arsenal for the long term.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So i don't understand mikel here why suddenly just leave Özil from his team if he hurt and he don't like it. even if something happened during the lock down i don't think it was needed to leave Özil completely out what a mess situation this is. glad only 6 months left for this.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So i don't understand mikel here why suddenly just leave Özil from his team if he hurt and he don't like it. even if something happened during the lock down i don't think it was needed to leave Özil completely out what a mess situation this is. glad only 6 months left for this.

Yeah I got no idea what he means by nobody deserves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom