• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Will be quite interesting if Arteta doesn’t budge in his tactics after the recent results combined with everyone starting to realise we are playing like a high class Stoke.

And by interesting I mean terrifying.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Auba was scoring from LW for fun while working hard in defence before his contract. Hasn’t done it since, nothings really changed but he’s on more money now. I’m sorry some of you can’t see it.

Pyres7

Auba was scoring from LW for fun while working hard in defence before his contract. Hasn’t done it since, nothings really changed but he’s on more money now. I’m sorry some of you can’t see it.
Two things have changed - we aren't creating chances for him this season, and other managers have figured out how to stop Arteta's only attack pattern.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Lol! That's the only reason people who doesn't know about football can see. You sound like those arguing Earth is plane. It's because we create nothing in attack. Auba it's not a creator, he is a finisher. You can't finish plays doesn't exist. Difference is we are trying to play with Willian who is doing nothing for the team. Last season Ceballos create a little bit. Now we are playing without him and Elneny and Partey doesn't create what Xhaka and Ceballos did.

Laca is isolated and going down in part of this. We play like Sunday league team. Every one defend and give the ball to the 3 attack and hope they score.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Two things have changed - we aren't creating chances for him this season, and other managers have figured out how to stop Arteta's only attack pattern.

We didn't create chances for him last season either. Out chance creation was extremely low like this season, but our finishing was clinical. The second point is probably valid. The worry was this would become a Özil 2.0 contract situation but didn't think it would happen so quickly. You would think 2nd-3rd season drop off at worst. Hopefully this isn't the case of a drop in motivation, and its either a niggling injury, form drop or combination of both.

GoonerJay24

I think he'd really thrive again with someone alongside upfront in the 442 formation; Auba-Nketiah could be similar to Adebayor and Henry

Manberg

Predator
Lol! That's the only reason people who doesn't know about football can see. You sound like those arguing Earth is plane. It's because we create nothing in attack. Auba it's not a creator, he is a finisher. You can't finish plays doesn't exist. Difference is we are trying to play with Willian who is doing nothing for the team. Last season Ceballos create a little bit. Now we are playing without him and Elneny and Partey doesn't create what Xhaka and Ceballos did.

Laca is isolated and going down in part of this. We play like Sunday league team. Every one defend and give the ball to the 3 attack and hope they score.

You need movement from the forwards to create chances. Auba has been pretty static. Besides, the best forwards create chances for themselves. I don’t see Liverpool fans moaning about Henderson and their midfield not creating chances for Salah and Mane. Kane and Son create and/or score all of Sp**s’s chances. Only Arsenal fans blame the midfield for not creating chances, when the actual blame lies up front.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Making a connection to Auba not scoring and him signing a new contract is lazy. He is feeding off scraps. If people are really this cynical, I'd have thought he'd be on a goal bonus, so it would be financially beneficial for him to find his shooting boots.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Since the opening matchday, he's only had one big chance (vs city).

Playing him in LW especially in this system is currently not working. Last season he was scoring goals because we at least created a few chances, but his conversion rate was unsustainable. Only Messi and Ronaldo could have kept up that kind of conversion rate.

It's not his fault that we're not creating chances. Aouar could have been a game changer, but we didn't have the finance to make it happen.

What I will expect Arteta to do now is to start play saka in lwb and start playing him in the LCM role and Willian in RCM. That way we have two creative player in the middle of the pitch with Partey behind them.

He should stop worrying about us conceding and start worrying about creating chances.

Pyres7

We didn't create chances for him last season either. Out chance creation was extremely low like this season, but our finishing was clinical. The second point is probably valid. The worry was this would become a Özil 2.0 contract situation but didn't think it would happen so quickly. You would think 2nd-3rd season drop off at worst. Hopefully this isn't the case of a drop in motivation, and its either a niggling injury, form drop or combination of both.
We were definitely creating more chances for Auba last season, not a lot but enough for him to finish runner up for the golden boot. He had a ridiculous chance conversion rate.

This season gone through games against teams like Villa, West Ham, Sheffield United without a single goalscoring chance for him. I actually can't remeber a good chance we've made for him this season apart from the one against City. How is he supposed to score if he doesn't get the ball in the box?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Probably our worst player this season, even Lacazette has been better. Dunno why people thought him playing centrally would make a difference.

Reactions: roz
Top Bottom